Do you have a DVD-ROM?

Do you have a DVD-ROM?

• Yes

Votes: 132 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters
Nope, But I plan to get one for the UT2004 Special Edition.

You people are crazy.

Mine came with the PC, but those things are ridiculously cheap right now.

DVD-RW.. that's my only (optical) drive. Does everything I want it to, so, I'm happy

Yes, and I believe it will be the standard definitely by next year. It's THAT important. So we won't have to do 3-4 CD's business (Mafia or KotOR) and slap it on one DVD.

UT2004 takes up 6 cd's or 2 DVD's. (second DVD is extra content though)

DVD Rom Drives are so cheap now.. I got a combo drive thats reads cd's at 48x and dvd roms at 16x for $35 shipped from Newegg.com

I have one. It makes me happy, I can watch anime with really kick-ass sound and visuals. Weee!!!

covertghost said:
DVD Rom Drives are so cheap now.. I got a combo drive thats reads cd's at 48x and dvd roms at 16x for $35 shipped from Newegg.com

A "combo" DVD drive is a DVD drive that burns CDs as well as plays DVDs/CDs. A (normal) DVD drive that plays DVDs and CDs is not a combo drive, sorry to burst your bubble :)

i got 2! one dedicated dvd-rom and a dvd-rw too. i wuv them so... :)

I have a DVD/CD reader and a seperate CD burner. Once the price of DVD burners drops sufficently i'll scratch both drives and get one of those instead. I'm all for games coming on DVD these days, it is a lot less hassle all round both from a players viewpoint and a publishers and opens up the potential for developers to add more/extra content to games.

No, and i dont plan to get one, not much use really.. apart from that new game er whats it called but whatever, completely useless

ASked it to come with mi comp, soon will buy a DVD-RW.

It's the future, no one can do much about it...

Have one, but it's not in the computer. Got it as a Christmas present a couple years back and watched a couple movies on it, but that was it so I took it out and put it back in the box.

No need for it at this time, but when more things start popping up I will get a DVD combo drive instead.

I have a DVD/CD-RW combo, It's pretty sweet, a lot better than that POS 16x cd burner my old comp had

I still have the one that came with my old compaq three years ago.

*shudders*

compaq....yuck.

I got a DVD-ROM drive and CD-RW... handy for the occasional movie and/or DVD game.

Kadayi Polokov said:
i'll scratch both drives and get one of those instead.

scratch both drives? why not keep one so you can copy dvds without copying to your HD?

i have a combo drive...my old burner died so i bought this thing...and it sucks not having 2 optical drives for copying reasons.

Nope, I built my comp and I only got a CD-ROM....Half-Life 2 is going to be alot of discs :eek:

Entr0py said:
Nope, I built my comp and I only got a CD-ROM....Half-Life 2 is going to be alot of discs :eek:

..just thought I'd add, you have the best avatar EVER. lol

Anyhow, yeah.. I'd imagine HL2 is oging to be alot of discs, I might shell out the extra $20 or whatever for the collector's edition.. maybe..

Yes. A combo 48x CD-RW and 16x DVD only for $50 :) I got a beige one one when I should have gotten a black one :( I didn't know they had a black version!

Shuzer said:
A "combo" DVD drive is a DVD drive that burns CDs as well as plays DVDs/CDs. A (normal) DVD drive that plays DVDs and CDs is not a combo drive, sorry to burst your bubble :)

I got one of those to :p Its a plextor PX708a and its Black Got it for $225 at the time from NewEgg.

DVD-RW and CD-RW all in one, and I got it for $200 (Canadian), AND I havn't come accross any problems with it yet.

I have one :)

Cd burner/ DVD drive

/me likes.

Which came first the chicken or th... oops

Which came first, the DVD-ROM poll in the Hardware forum or the DVD-ROM poll in the Off-Topic forum?

I have the best computer out of all 4 working computers in my house, but I'm the only one without a DVD-ROM drive. That makes me sad.

I think the poll results would be a little more accurate if you started a new thread instead of bumping a 7+ month old one. :rolling:

Back