Votes: 17 13.5%
  • I plan on getting one

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • other

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters

Sebastian

Reaction score
I wanted to see how many of you have constant access to a cell phone. It seems like everyone and their mothers have one now days. I finally caved after about 3 years of seeing them everywhere and bought one. So how about you?

Yes, but I hate people so I never use it for anything but playing the Tetris Demo.

I finally bought one about halfway through the schoolyear. It's nice, not having to bum change off a friend or borrow someone else's cell.

May dad bought me one since i was moving to a different state. I hate cell phones though, so I only answer it when someone calls, i never call anyone. And because I never call, i usually dont recieve many calls (except from my dad and family).

I own one, it's an oldie from my mum. An old Nokia 3315. People laugh at me but it has pinball and snake II :D

I got one about 4 years ago, still use that same one now. It doesn't have any games, it doesn't have many numbers (I have no friends) and I rarely use it. It has over $150 worth of credit that keeps building up because I don't use it.

May dad bought me one since i was moving to a different state. I hate cell phones though, so I only answer it when someone calls, i never call anyone. And because I never call, i usually dont recieve many calls (except from my dad and family).

Same here, except it was for moving to university. I can never remember to turn it on or off, so it will either be off, or the battery runs out at night.

It has a decent number of phone numbers saved (considering that I don't use it), but most are family, and some I'll look at and think, "I have this person's phone number? I don't remember putting that in here..."

I've had a "cell phone" (mobile phone) since 1999. My current phone is an 'XDA Mini S' which is alright but the novelty has worn off. Now I crave a K800i.

My mobile history is something like this:

Nokia 5110
Nokia 3210
Nokia 8210
Nokia 3310
Motorola V
Sony Ericsson Z600
o2 XDA II
Samsung E800
Sony Ericsson K750i
o2 XDA Mini S

I've still got the K750i in the car glovebox, it's got a PAYG sim in it, for emergencies.

I never really used one until about a year ago. Then started to go out a lot and make a lot of new friends and i kinda needed one to keep up with everyone :p

I have a Samsung D500. :)

my work pays for mine. Its a brick though. ftw.

What kind of anti-social malcontent doesn't have a mobile in this day and age?

I don't know a person below the age of 80 that doesn't have a cell phone. Seriously.

According to the statistic, I should own more than 1. The percentage is around 101%. So thats more than 1 phone per dude/dudette.

I personally got 3. :)

*raises hand*

Don't need one. Don't like talking on the phone, and I like being unreachable sometimes. There's very few situations I can think of where someone wanting to contact me can't manage to wait a couple of hours until I get home.

Yes I got a piece of crap...only $10 a month tho to keep it running and I don't really use it THAT much anyway

QFT. My bills a bit ridiculous lately. I've been using about 5500 texts a month, which is costing me far too much.

Because...well...

ONLY COOL KIDS HAVE CELLPHONES

LOSER

I don't want important information about wireless pricing coverage and phone offers.

Cell... a single battery or a place to keep prisoners.

Well, i own a average mobile phone from Sharp

Cell phones are like the modern day tv or telephone. Back in the 1950's (and probably earlier), it was very strange for a family not to have a telephone. Back in the 1980s-90s, it was normal for every family to have at least one tv.

Now, cell phones are whats standard. Its safer, more convenient, and popular :D

No...simply because I DONT NEED A ****ING PLASTIC THINGY THAT VIBRATES AND MAKES BRAIN-BLOWING SOUNDS AND OPENS SOME WEIRD TIME HYPER SPACE WORM-HOLE TO MY MOMS MOUTH TO HEAR HER JAB ABOUT ME NOT DOING HOMEWORK.

Seriously, whats up with this thing? So many people are going for this mainstream shit, everyone i know has one...but they dont even use it, they just take it out, flip it open with some uber cool james bond move, then their thumb are getting hyperactive and start dancing around the number pad like a ****ing road-drill on a pavement. Then they close the thing with that look in their face, you know...the "oh im so cool" look. What do they do next? They hang it to some ****ing holder made of animal skin but its actually cheap fake plastic just to make it look cool, hockt on the pants so that every sad mother ****er with no money can steal it and sell it to other sad mother ****ers who wanna blend in with this mainstream shit. Everywhere i go i see these things, i walk in the school hallway and all everyone is talking about is ther ****ing cell-phones "ohhh MANDYYY, GUESS WHAT...I LIKE..GOT....THAT UBER SEXY DUDE AS A FRONT PAGE ON MY CELLY..AHHHHH I CANT BELIVE IT!!!!!!!!! (add cool-hiphop thingy)". At one time i was standing in line and this dude starts talking to me and im being friendly talking back...so after some time of conversation with his odd responses i see that he has one of those hyper cyber alien plastic thingys suckt into his ear directly contacted to his brain spraying it full with radioactive bullshit while the sound waves of his adam-apple is going through his own cell-phone and suddenly ends up in another mind-slaves ear. And dont you just hate it when you stand in line or sitting at a cafe or such just chillin...then some dude walks in with his cellphone and talkes like hes in a ****ing warzone "OKKKEYYY DARRLLING, I WILLL BUYYY MILLLK..AND:..WHAT WAS ITTTT??? MOHHH YEAH...BUTTERRRRR. OKKKKEYYYYYYYY" making my ears start bleading. When he finally turn of the ****ing thing and start talking to the chick behind the counter the decibel of his voice has lowered to an amazing level so that i cant even hear him...as if you are actually YELLING to the person in the other side of the phone as if you are actaully yelling pass the buildings and roads and farms to the actuall person in real time. OH and the worst thing is when i meet a cool guy/girl we have fun and all, but when its time to say bye they step up to me and ask "whats your cellphone number"...these suckers actually think that everyone in the world has one...so when i tell them that i dont have a brain-slug stuck to my brain they look at me as if im black in the 1500s...

Nope, i really dont need one because i dont have anyone to call (yes im lonely) and i dont spend my entire life sms-ing people just to get a free little paper note saying i have to pay a fine for pushing "send" with my hyperactive thumb.

I respect those who actually have a purpose for them but i really cant stand those suckers that have cell-phones just to show of and play silly song melodies to disturbe the silence in mother earths nature. PLEASE STOP PLAYING THOSE ANNOYING SOUNDS ON THE BUS!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

No, but I have something even better.......

A BANANA PHONE! :D

No...simply because I DONT NEED A ****ING PLASTIC THINGY THAT VIBRATES AND MAKES BRAIN-BLOWING SOUNDS AND OPENS SOME WEIRD TIME HYPER SPACE WORM-HOLE TO MY MOMS MOUTH TO HEAR HER JAB ABOUT ME NOT DOING HOMEWORK.

Seriously, whats up with this thing? So many people are going for this mainstream shit, everyone i know has one...but they dont even use it, they just take it out, flip it open with some uber cool james bond move, then their thumb are getting hyperactive and start dancing around the number pad like a ****ing road-drill on a pavement. Then they close the thing with that look in their face, you know...the "oh im so cool" look. What do they do next? They hang it to some ****ing holder made of animal skin but its actually cheap fake plastic just to make it look cool, hockt on the pants so that every sad mother ****er with no money can steal it and sell it to other sad mother ****ers who wanna blend in with this mainstream shit. Everywhere i go i see these things, i walk in the school hallway and all everyone is talking about is ther ****ing cell-phones "ohhh MANDYYY, GUESS WHAT...I LIKE..GOT....THAT UBER SEXY DUDE AS A FRONT PAGE ON MY CELLY..AHHHHH I CANT BELIVE IT!!!!!!!!! (add cool-hiphop thingy)". At one time i was standing in line and this dude starts talking to me and im being friendly talking back...so after some time of conversation with his odd responses i see that he has one of those hyper cyber alien plastic thingys suckt into his ear directly contacted to his brain spraying it full with radioactive bullshit while the sound waves of his adam-apple is going through his own cell-phone and suddenly ends up in another mind-slaves ear. And dont you just hate it when you stand in line or sitting at a cafe or such just chillin...then some dude walks in with his cellphone and talkes like hes in a ****ing warzone "OKKKEYYY DARRLLING, I WILLL BUYYY MILLLK..AND:..WHAT WAS ITTTT??? MOHHH YEAH...BUTTERRRRR. OKKKKEYYYYYYYY" making my ears start bleading. When he finally turn of the ****ing thing and start talking to the chick behind the counter the decibel of his voice has lowered to an amazing level so that i cant even hear him...as if you are actually YELLING to the person in the other side of the phone as if you are actaully yelling pass the buildings and roads and farms to the actuall person in real time. OH and the worst thing is when i meet a cool guy/girl we have fun and all, but when its time to say bye they step up to me and ask "whats your cellphone number"...these suckers actually think that everyone in the world has one...so when i tell them that i dont have a brain-slug stuck to my brain they look at me as if im black in the 1500s...

Nope, i really dont need one because i dont have anyone to call (yes im lonely) and i dont spend my entire life sms-ing people just to get a free little paper note saying i have to pay a fine for pushing "send" with my hyperactive thumb.

I respect those who actually have a purpose for them but i really cant stand those suckers that have cell-phones just to show of and play silly song melodies to disturbe the silence in mother earths nature. PLEASE STOP PLAYING THOSE ANNOYING SOUNDS ON THE BUS!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

What kind of people do you hang out with? Cell phones aren't cool anymore, because everyone got them. Maybe they were in the 90s, but not anymore.

um... you sound like my grandpa when he was yelling about television back in the 80s. its not 'cool'... its normal to have one.

No, but I have something even better.......

A BANANA PHONE! :D

gmix_banana_phone.thumb.jpg
!!!!!

I've got 5 working ones, and another 4 or so in a drawer that don't get used.

Yep, ive had a mobile phone since i was about 12, im now 20.. I am permamnatly attached to it recently!

Been shopping for a new phone today, as mine is due for upgrade in about 3 weeks... havent decided waht to get yet though.

Because i have always been on contract i always just upgrade, and then keep the old phone or sell it on... probably why i have 5 of them in my draw!

Yes, its ot very good, I only use it occasnionly however so it doesn't matter. It's a Nokia of some kind.:p

Back