Do you put your ketchup in the fridge?

Do you keep your ketchup in the fridge?

• Yes

Votes: 90 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.1%

• Total voters
Ketchup doesn't necesarilly need to be refridgerated, but it's a fact that food lasts longer if you keep it cold.

It really all depends on how fast you eat the stuff. But I've also noticed that warm Ketchup is thinner than that which is cold.

I like to keep it in the fridge so that it is with all the other condoments and doesn't feel left out. :p

oldagerocker said:
I was talking to someone about this today, infact this thread inspired me to enter it into the conversation... She said that her father had just had a go at her for not putting the ketchup in the fridge, as outside the fridge the molecules will react and it'll explode or something... anyway, you should eat it within 8 weeks and keep it refrigerated. It's on the label.

Ketchup only lasts 8 weeks?! The ketchup in my house doesn't get used for... a lot longer than that :O! Last month we opened a new bottle of ketchup and it was a little darker than normal, and I asked my dad, "Why's the ketchup darker?" thinking that they came out with some wonderful new ketchup. But it was just old. Biggest disappointment ever.

Anyways, I put my ketchup in the fridge.

Superbuc said:
Dude it's written on the bottle! Now I always put my ketchup on the fridge since I read that.

It also says this on the bottle (which I'm less inclined to believe):

ketchup.jpg

Anyhow, my ketchup is now safely in the fridge.

I keep it in the fridge. Also, I clean the lid after using it. I forgot that once and the dried up gooey ketchup ended up in my food. Not the most pleasant experience I can tell you.

I keep it in the fridge as well, but let me tell you all, we're doing it wrong, restaurants don't keep theirs in the fridge. ;)

In soviet russia, the ketchup puts you in the fridge.

Wow, I didn't think this would warrant such an avid discussion.... In more than once place, no less.

Royalew/cheese your avatar is AWESOME. It took me a sec... I was looking at it thinking "what the hell is wrong with that last frame??" ... brilliant.

It's wierd but ketchup is something people feel very strongly about. I wouldn't even consider buying anything other than Heinz. And I always prefer it in a glass bottle.

DreamThrall said:
Royalew/cheese your avatar is AWESOME. It took me a sec... I was looking at it thinking "what the hell is wrong with that last frame??" ... brilliant.
I believe it's from 'Rejected' on one of the other animations from Bitter Films.

i keep all sauce in the cupboard!!! if i didnt it would be all cold and discusting. cold ketchup? ewww...

It is a REAL good idea to put opened ketchup in the frige. We were talking about it in anatomy class earlier. If you open ketchup and dont put in into the frige, a kind of parasitic worm can get inside. It goes into your intestines, burrows through it, goes into your muscle and starts laying eggs. Then they hatch and lay eggs and so forth. Eventually you'll get a big knot under your skin from all the worms crawling in your muscle, which makes the muscle immobile. Takes surgery to get out. You can also get this worm from uncooked or undercooked meat. So of course, as soon as i open ketchup, it goes into the frige.

DreamThrall said:
Wow, I didn't think this would warrant such an avid discussion.... In more than once place, no less.

hehe thanks :p

Lethal8472 said:
It is a REAL good idea to put opened ketchup in the frige. We were talking about it in anatomy class earlier. If you open ketchup and dont put in into the frige, a kind of parasitic worm can get inside. It goes into your intestines, burrows through it, goes into your muscle and starts laying eggs. Then they hatch and lay eggs and so forth. Eventually you'll get a big knot under your skin from all the worms crawling in your muscle, which makes the muscle immobile. Takes surgery to get out. You can also get this worm from uncooked or undercooked meat. So of course, as soon as i open ketchup, it goes into the frige.

ulp...

ive changed my mind :/

I like warm ketchup.

Okay not really, mine lives in the fridge.

Lethal8472 said:

Do these worms burst out of your stomach and grow into huge monsters with acidic blood?. Seriously though I would believe everything you hear, I've known many teachers that would make things up or exadurate them to scare pupils.

How would the worms get into the bottle if you kept the lid on? I know for a fact that kechup doesn't grow mould or any other sort of microrganism (probably due to the number of additives).

Back