Do you think that Gabe's annoucement was fake?

Fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
X2Cube said:
I've only been trying to tell people that for the last two hours :p
Yeah, I'm trying to help you :p

maybe we need to use an even bigger size than size 3? :p

DeltaBlast said:
It turns out HL2fallout's raw PHP files were up for grabs earlier that day wich contained the SQL passes. With those passes some person has changed Gabes pass and used his account. I'm sorry to say, but it is indeed, fake.

Where did you get that information from?

Even if it was fake, why would somebody hack his account and say its goin gold? After what happened with the source code theft i think that gabe would take every single secruity precaution to insure that this sort of thing wouldnt happen again. And like last time they will probably find the little **** who did it.(that is if the rumors are true)

Oh well, Hopefully gabe will answer one of the 6 billion emails im sure they recieved overnight, although valve always seem very quiet on Saturdays and Sundays..

Do not destroy the little hope we have left.... It's not nice. And I can say as much as that I am only going to pay attention to waht VALVe has to say about this matter.

DeltaBlast said:
It turns out HL2fallout's raw PHP files were up for grabs earlier that day wich contained the SQL passes. With those passes some person has changed Gabes pass and used his account. I'm sorry to say, but it is indeed, fake.
How exactly does a secure database temporarily become unsecure like that? I havn't seen anyone from HL2fallout say that so I am a little confused as to how that scenerio could be.

Gabe probably just went to a public library (different ip) to post this and cause mass confusion (and hype!). When asked about it he will deny it all. What a marketing scheme. ;)

all that happend when they saw that the IP on that post " Gold News " dont match the one Gabe use
Maybe he is using another computer.

:dozey: Well maybe they should check all the IP's from all his other posts? Is that possible?

ailevation said:
:dozey: Well maybe they should check all the IP's from all his other posts? Is that possible?
He has had 3 different IP's in the past, so not much you can tell from that.

I think untill we can do what gabes sig suggests, we should ignore its existance.

lans said:
Gabe already has been mailed about this by no less than 500,000 people across the globe. ;)

Still no confirmation. ;(

But no denial either. Lets us be patient.

Yes let us be patient...... What! We will sit and bit our nails of if we just sit around. But then... We will either get disappointed or we will rejoice.

Annihilator_91 said:
Yes let us be patient...... What! We will sit and bit our nails of if we just sit around. But then... We will either get disappointed or we will rejoice.

Well said !

sooner or later the game will be gold and we will be playing HL2 in 2 or 3 weeks !

HL2 is a "must game" for every hardcore gamer...

I am all for getting excited ... but ... We've been through this before. If it's Gold, kick ass. If not, oh well, another week without.

Annihilator_91 said:
I hope we will rejoice :p

I think it was real. If someone had got into gabes acount and said this, Valve would obviously try to tell everyone it was fake. And Gabe would post saying that it was not him.

But there is one little thing that is questionable: Valve mentions nothing about it in half life 2s official website. http://www.half-life2.com/news.php

ATI4EVER! said:
I think it was real. If someone had got into gabes acount and said this, Valve would obviously try to tell everyone it was fake. And Gabe would post saying that it was not him.

But there is one little thing that is questionable: Valve mentions nothing about it in half life 2s official website. http://www.half-life2.com/news.php
I think VALVe didnt know about that
they are sleeping now :p

They never do.

If this is real, valve would've waited till monday and post it on their site then.

They never post anything on the official site, only official press releases, which this isnt, I myself would have expected a fake message to be more elaborate, but obviously the chances are slim and we wont know anything for a few hours (if at all).

its fake anyway he's acount was hacked we known on monday anyway.
i dont hope to see omgwtf hl2 delayed again threads :(
because it is't anyway

That'd be nice if Valve said "Eff it" and went gold on monday anyway

voted no, but after I saw the "his password was gaben" post I think its fake yes :((

Back