do you think these synths..

just placeholder shit, look at that design,clear what it fights with here

Placeholder shit? Prove it. Animation is hard, why the hell would they add a bunch of pointless animations to something that's not even in the game?

Placeholder shit? Prove it. Animation is hard, why the hell would they add a bunch of pointless animations to something that's not even in the game?

This thing is already replaced by something, the gunship.

The animations arent much, just it zooming around and waving a bit with that blue junk

It was in there, some other stuff just is there also, not saying that much about this

Looking at the movements of the Mortar synth and its attack, it is looking more and more like a Shockroach, Ive seen them change this attack a couple of times in the videos so they probably werent really interested by release with putting this in there

no, ive seen the attack of a cut mortar synth, it forms of a beam of electricity and fires it out in a flash..

whatever the name of that synth is on the bottom left i'd like to see in ep. 3 for sure.

I think that there might be an ichtyosaur in the Half Life 2 series somewhere, but I think there's probably going to be both of the other synths in Episode 3 or the ending of Episode 2 if we're lucky.

I've just noticed, hunters appear to be wearing armor, (As opposed to armor plates fused to the skin or a natural shell.) and from what I've heard, hunters are supposed to be very smart, I believe they were an intelligent species before being absorbed into the combine, unlike the strider which seems like a big bad brutish creature.

Here's a picture of what I mentioned in the beginning,
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7784/hl2ep2ministrider1ob2.jpg

I always thought hunters were robots.

ok, this is a major bump, but seriously, all synths are bioengineered..

ok, this is a major bump, but seriously, all synths are bioengineered..
According to Raising the Bar they are created through a process of "forced evolution". Doesn't sound like bioengineering to me.

According to Raising the Bar they are created through a process of "forced evolution". Doesn't sound like bioengineering to me.

Considering what evolution actually is, it sounds very much like bioengineering over multiple generations to me.

machines cannot evolve unless they are like fused dna like structures or something. i always, thought the synths we see are merely alien creatures which have had combine transformations..

That's the point with forced evolution, you don't let it happen naturally, you force it.

That's the point with forced evolution, you don't let it happen naturally, you force it.

Which you would do by adding parts to them. Or "Bioengineering." :D

and planetary,

no, ive seen the attack of a cut mortar synth, it forms of a beam of electricity and fires it out in a flash..
Which is basically the shockroach....

he said a beam of electricity. A beam is a long cylindrical shape. Completely different from the shock roach. The shock roach fires a bolt of electricity. Big difference.

You can't force evolution. It happens naturally.
spaceyluthor5sl.jpg

Evolution only means a changing over a period of time. Ever heard of domestication? Un-natural selection? Selective breeding? We've been forcing dogs, crops and cattle (Among other things) to evolve in ways we want them to for quite some time now. How do you think wolves became dogs? We do forced evolution too, the Combine are just better at it.

Evolution only means a changing over a period of time. Ever heard of domestication? Un-natural selection? Selective breeding? We've been forcing dogs, crops and cattle (Among other things) to evolve in ways we want them to for quite some time now. How do you think wolves became dogs? We do forced evolution too, the Combine are just better at it.

That's still evolution. Sheesh, it's a redundancy.

Which you would do by adding parts to them. Or "Bioengineering." :D

and planetary,

he said a beam of electricity. A beam is a long cylindrical shape. Completely different from the shock roach. The shock roach fires a bolt of electricity. Big difference.

The original model actually fired blue bolts that exploded, much like this. Part I was talking about the design, blue tendril in the center and tines surrounding it that arc toward one another and fire electric slime toward a creature. This is similar a lot

I think they took out the Ichy in the first place was because people were to afraid to continue their games in the first one because of it.

A)This guy is like Berkman/Ericms
B)He is a ****ing retard
C)What is it with all these noobs thinking they know everything?

Synths

You can see both, synth and mortar, in the Citadel walking some catwalks just before 2 or 3 gunships flays out through a "window". A few seconds later you head up to Breen's office.
You are in this moving "chair" at that time.

darkside55 and greatemporer, u guys r ridunkulous!!!! how dare you spoil the good name of half-life and valve lol!!! saying hunters and striders are the same, or that hunters are the children of striders, who do u think u people are!?!! darkside55, you seem to be filled with much balonies and liez. and greatemperor, u seem to be a little ignorant and stubborn, much like the average american (other than me of course). i can only assume that u 2 are either only trying to confuse these good people with these heretic ideas or that you are joking.

now to my opinions of the obvious truth: i think that hunters and striders could be related in a few possible ways. they could be so closely related that they are the same species on the same planet, but a different genus. emphasis on the genus. however, they could also be so unrelated that they are from a completely different planet in a completely different dimension and that the combine invaded both of their home worlds, so them both having 3 legs are completely random. of course, these are just the boundaries of how distant or closely related they could be, so they could be related in a way between these 2 boundaries. in my opinion, it doesn't really matter how closely they are related as long as it is in these boundaries.

using the methods that u 2 use, i could say, "hey, that monkey has 2 legs and 2 arms just like me, therefore it must be me." or i could say "that monkey kinda looks like me so i must have given birth to it, but its not going to grow up to look like me." of course, this method could also go in the opposite way and could go so far as to say, "i'm white and he's black, therefore we must be a different species." (i'm really sorry if this comment sounded racist, cuz i'm not racist). also, just because hunters and striders both have 3 legs, doesn't mean they look exactly the same. in fact, in my opinion, they look almost nothing alike. the strider has 4 compound eyes underneath on its side, while the hunters have 2 eyes-that obviously aren't compound eyes-high on the front of its face. even their legs with the different joints look different.

darkside55, u mention that the synths can self-replicate. be prepared, cuz what i'm about to do might seem a little complicated to some of you, i'm going to break down the 2 words: self and replicate straight from a dictionary. "self" as in the same or identical. "replicate" as in to repeat, duplicate, or reproduce. put these 2 words together and apply it to half-life and you get: a synth identically reproducing another synth. (just in case someone didn't notice, this wasn't complicated at all).

so after you 2 read this post, i want you to think again about what you have said, and then to consider rebuking your old idiotic ideas and to accept my brilliant idea.

now the rest of you people can stop being confused by these 2 and can get on with your lives knowing the valuable truth.

p.s. i'm not calling you 2 dumb or any other name-just your ideas-so please do not feel offended in any way. cuz im sure you 2 are great people. i just felt inclined to tell you the truth.
p.p.s darkside55, i am calling you baloney, because i await with much impatience to witness you turn into what you really are, deep down inside: bologna... and because i especially didn't like your idea of hunters being baby striders
p.p.p.s. i'm calling those boundaries the "strider-hunter relation boundaries" or the "shr boundaries" in case any of you want to refer to them. please feel free to use them on other threads as well. just be sure to quote me when you explain them.

be prepared, im goin' to surprise yo: you're a fool.

I give this guy a week before the iron (mod) fist is brought down upon thee.

You can't call people idiots while having hideous grammar and replacing words with numbers.

sry Jintor, i just didn't feel like typing the whole word out when i could press 1 key. ;)

and can you guys be more specific with criticizing my ideas? i'd like to hear other ideas as well

Am...am I being trolled? This guy's wreaking havoc on my sarcasm detector.

Am...am I being trolled? This guy's wreaking havoc on my sarcasm detector.

Personally, I can't detect sarcasm let alone enough intelligence to qualify as SENTIENCE.
Maybe we could throw a stick and see if it chases it.

you do realize that if you threw a stick, i wouldn't be able to see it cuz i'm probly miles away on a different computer. but don't listen to me, you go ahead and throw that stick if it makes you feel good

Back