Do you think they will remake the levels

A

Assassiness

Do you think they mite remake the multiplayer levels, I always loved cross fire it would be really neat to play through a remake level in the new engine. What do you think?
I’m hoping that if there are vehicles in multiplayer there will be a helicopter *EVIL GRINS*
:devil:

I hope so, because some of my best memories of half life were the bomb doors closing right before I could get in the shelter and being left out to enjoy the nuclear tan.
;( that makes me sad, I wanted to drive a helicopter!

I am hoping when Sven Co-op2!!
Is done for hl2 there will be helicopters, or other Co-op vechiles.

Originally posted by nutsak
so make a mod about helicopters
:)

(they did in BF1932)

Is that the beta to BF1942? :evil:

Where did you hear that?

Where did you hear Valve was not going to make player-controlled aircrafts? Are they going to make vehicles? Or at least new HL2 vehicles that are driveable? That would be sweet.

Please god no !!!!

The thought of running round bootcamp every other map again for the next 5 years just doesnt bear thinking about tbh ;( ;(

I'm pretty sure there will be at least one HL1 level (or room for that matter) re-made for HL2, just because that sort of thing always looks cool and tugs at heart-strings and brings a tear to your eye.

also Valve already stated that there would be no player-controlled air-crafts...

no - Source has support for air-craft etc, just that no air-craft will be controlled by Gordon in HL2

Crossfire always makes me feel smug when I'm the last one alive in the bunker and the doors and vents are sealed.

i don't think its going to be hard to make drivable aircraft in hl2. its just a matter of adding verticle controls.

Sorry Aircraft are FLOWN not Driven. Lets drive the plane. = Incorrect
Lets FLY the plane. = correct.

Sorry.......

Hopefully they will or someone will create a "one button" coverter that wil convert the maps.. Probably not but it could happen.

:)

Originally posted by Aknot
Sorry Aircraft are FLOWN not Driven. Lets drive the plane. = Incorrect
Lets FLY the plane. = correct.

Sorry.......

Technically speaking, you CAN drive a plane.. before they take off, on the runway, isn't that actually driving? :)

Originally posted by Shuzer
Technically speaking, you CAN drive a plane.. before they take off, on the runway, isn't that actually driving? :)

Technically its called Taxiing:

To move slowly on the ground or on the surface of the water before takeoff or after landing: an airplane taxiing down the runway.

This is all tounge in cheek BTW. Im not that "serious" about this conversation.

Originally posted by Clush
no - Source has support for air-craft etc, just that no air-craft will be controlled by Gordon in HL2

that's what I said dumbass.

I doubt that if there are no player controlled air-crafts in the singleplayer portion of the game, that they would make it into the default multiplayer.

Possible? of course!
I mean, they made a flight-sim-mod for quake1, so Source should be more than able to support this..

2 reasons not to put a plane in an fps:
- limited mapsize
(imagine battlefield with HL2 gfx.
imagine it running on your pc.
imagine seeing 3 fps and crashing after like 5 seconds or something.
reapeat)
- planes give too much freedom
(non-linear fps = unpossible to create)

Technically its called Taxiing:

To move slowly on the ground or on the surface of the water before takeoff or after landing: an airplane taxiing down the runway.

well in fact the part where an aircraft moves on the runway prior to takeoff is called "rolling" and not "taxiing".

Aknot! Wot?

No-one knows of their will be aircrafts in HL2's MP. HL2 has support for player controlled aircrafts so it would be kind of strange if we don't see aircrafts in MP.

Originally posted by vacs
well in fact the part where an aircraft moves on the runway prior to takeoff is called "rolling" and not "taxiing".

Aknot! Wot?

hmmmm dictionary.com

v. tax·ied, (tksd) tax·i·ing, or tax·y·ing tax·ies or tax·is (tksz)
v. intr.

Yes they are "rolling" but I was being anal about it and giving the "technical" word for the process.

Originally posted by DaLys
No-one knows of their will be aircrafts in HL2's MP. HL2 has support for player controlled aircrafts so it would be kind of strange if we don't see aircrafts in MP.

uuuuhm NO!

Halflife2 also has support for singing bananas and I doubt you'll see any of those in default MP either.

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
uuuuhm NO!

Halflife2 also has support for singing bananas and I doubt you'll see any of those MP either.

You dont know the mod community that well. If there is support for a "singing" bananna you better believe someone will mod it. As for MP same holds true. If its there they (mods) wil make it so. If it is within their reach.

<@valve|gaben> You can create wheeled vehicles, or flying & hovering vehicles.

:rolleyes:

You dont know the mod community that well. If there is support for a "singing" bananna you better believe someone will mod it. As for MP same holds true. If its there they (mods) wil make it so. If it is within their reach.

yes. but that's not "default MP" now is it???

<@valve|gaben> You can create wheeled vehicles, or flying & hovering vehicles.

:rolleyes:

yes you can CREATE aircratfs etc.

not..."WE'VE ALREADY CREATED PLAYER CONTROLLED AIRCRAFTS FOR MULTIPLAYER PURPOSES!!!!"

no singing bananas???
damn you valve you can´t do anything right!

PriNcE oF SpAcE: (i must say using a mix of capital letters and normal really makes your name l33t h4xX0r Co0L!!11!) Where in the text can you read "we made aircraft support but it's boring with aircrafts and everybody hates it, so we don't have it in HL2's MP"? I said "it would be kind of strange if we don't see aircrafts in MP" as in I think, and hope it will be aircrafts since HL2 has support for it because having wheeled vehicles AND aircrafts would be great in MP and i think valve knows that too. I didn't say "my friends dogs mothers friends wife childrens friends daddy told me it will be aircrafts in hl2" as you seems to think.

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
yes. but that's not "default MP" now is it???

Point taken. Didnt realize we were speaking of plain Vanilla MP. I consider MP just that, any instance of Multiplayer, be it mod, add on or otherwise.

PriNcE oF SpAcE: (i must say using a mix of capital letters and normal really makes your name l33t h4xX0r Co0L!!11!) Where in the text can you read "we made aircraft support but it's boring with aircrafts and everybody hates it, so we don't have it in HL2's MP"? I said "it would be kind of strange if we don't see aircrafts in MP" as in I think, and hope it will be aircrafts since HL2 has support for it because having wheeled vehicles AND aircrafts would be great in MP and i think valve knows that too. I didn't say "my friends dogs mothers friends wife childrens friends daddy told me it will be aircrafts in hl2" as you seems to think.

first off my name isn't even supposed to be cool...on the contrary...the paradoxial part is that it is actually goddamn cool if you're civilised enough to catch the refference.:dozey: on top of that pulling people screen names into the discussion is lame...especially considering that you, yourself also you a mix of capital letters and lover case letters.

also I say it would be kinda strange to see aircraft support in multiplayer but not in singleplayer... it's possible, but it would be strange. that's why I said it would be unlikely.

Back