Do you use read receipts when PMing?

Why is a duck?

• Total voters

Ames

Reaction score
I'm wondering this because it's a little annoying to be clicking those things.

Yes or no?

edit: Forgot the poll.

I do, but just to make it go away :p

I wouldn't use if it didn't pop up

I use 'em.. gotta make sure you people are reading what I'm sending to you!

bliink said:
I use 'em.. gotta make sure you people are reading what I'm sending to you!

Evil, just evil. ;)

OT: Yes I use them sometimes, depends if I am to lazy to hit "No" hehe

Shens said:
I'm wondering this because it's a little annoying to be clicking those things.

Yes or no?

edit: Forgot the poll.
I dont use them, I used to as a mod cause then the user can't make excuses about never having seen it. But now I don't cause I think its kinda rude to spy like that. Wish there was a way to turn the requester off though, gets annoying when im obviously not gonna use them :p

When i do, i click em' to go away. I wouldn't use them if they weren't there.

But then again, I don't get pms :(

I always deny the read receipt, keep the person in suspense :D

I think that's an admin only option though :)

I use a read reciept, only because im nosy :p

I use them, but only because it pops up like that. If it didn't, I wouldn't bother :p

Yes I do use them sometimes.

We need to have a poll here about how sexy I am.

The_Monkey said:
Yeah, dont know what they're for, though.
tracking if the other person has read it. if you look in the PM page it shows the ones viewed and not viewed. But it kinda defeats its own point by giving the option to not send a confirmation you've read it.

The Dark Elf said:
tracking if the other person has read it. if you look in the PM page it shows the ones viewed and not viewed. But it kinda defeats its own point by giving the option to not send a confirmation you've read it.

Where can I see if he/she has read it? The colour of the "note" before the message?

Click the "Track Messages" link.
It shows all the read messages you've sent, and then all the unread ones below.

I think it's rude for personal messages - but for mod related stuff - I do use them.

ComradeBadger said:
Dunno, I just think that. :p
It's like its watching someone open and read a personal letter.. For mod stuff its fine, and for certain people you know well its fine cause then they know you got it, in those cases its not rude.

But random people you hardly know or not even spoken to before, its a bit rude to find they expect a confirmation you read it, so i just decline and ignore the PM from those people hehe.

The Dark Elf said:
It's like its watching someone open and read a personal letter..

Actually, thats not so bad if you sent the person the letter, as it then becomes less personal :p

i sit and watch people open and read personal letters all the time.

Im suprised you're still alive
What do they have in them :p

jk

I tend not to send reciepts to people who might get annoyed by them, just try not to get into peoples bad books :p

It's not rude as you dont have send them a read receipt.

mountain > molehill

i use them but it rarely matters. If someone reads it they usually respond. If its something that doesnt need a response i wont use that function. Still a handy enough thing though

Back