DOD 1.3 best mod for HL2....gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

d8cam

Reaction score
I played DoD when it was even older. But I remember this one too. DoD never got me, maybe because I played RtCW too much, was spoiled by it.

I loved it when it first came out but it got old fast for me.

Same with NS

Hill rocked. It was most definetly one of the coolest maps, cause unlike many others that just gave you a gauntlet and run-kill tactics, it gave you a vast (well, fairly vast for HL ;)) open area with many routes and a task. I loved being an allied sniper on that map :)

Originally posted by d8cam
Remember the old versions of DOD? The good versions? Now they have stamina and your guy gets tired and the shooting is all OFF. Lets remember here.

Everyone says that about any game that's been out for a while. "Remember the good old version.."

If you can't handle change, maybe you shouldn't play online games.

plenty of games have become good over time. a few of them being firearms and half-life. the only reason we think every game was only good when it first came out was because the two biggest games just happened to be counter-strike and dod and they did happen to take a turn for the worst with each change. if a game isn't changed at all than it isn't played at all. take team fortress classic for example, it hasn't changed much and it's still loved but it's not as popular as it used to be because it got old. every game has to change, just not necessarily for the worst.

i made some models for dod 2.x after i got bored of it hoping it would spice up the game... and it did :D at first i made pizza hut vs. dominoes models with pizza hut and dominoes cars for grenades (the pizza hut car ended up on phl's pic of the day :D) anyways after 3.x came out i had to switch those models over to the para models and created a batman and robin type thing for the regular's, they weren't great but they were funny, like the sniper's were brightly colored with the words shoot me on the back and the axis mg was The Penguin. I made custom sounds too, basically I cheated at dod after a while without using wallhack and all that other crap. those were the good days;(

Oh my gosh, your crying because you can't run around like a fool and shoot everything you see. People play DoD because it has SOME realism in it, unlike Counter-Strike and most other Half-Life MODs.

I played DOD 1, loved it. Played DOD 2, loved it more :) Just tried the new version, man does that suck :( The game just died.

around 1.3 was the best time for dod, when 1.0 came out, kinda sucked, my favorite maps where gone :( game play jsut seemed so cs like

Snowtown, Omaha, Hill, sweet memories.

Omaha was a great map.

DOD beta 1.3 was the best...but the full version made it too counter-strikish for me.

yeah...omaha and hill made dod rule online for me;(

Remember the old versions of DOD? The good versions? Now they have stamina and your guy gets tired and the shooting is all OFF. Lets remember here.

Here are some pics from the classic hill map:

http://www.dodarg.com.ar/archivos/mapas/imagenes/dod_hill-03.jpg

http://www.dodarg.com.ar/archivos/mapas/imagenes/dod_hill-01.jpg

http://www.dodarg.com.ar/archivos/mapas/imagenes/dod_hill-04.jpg

http://www.dodarg.com.ar/archivos/mapas/imagenes/dod_hill-05.jpg

http://www.dodarg.com.ar/archivos/mapas/imagenes/dod_hill-02.jpg

ahhh

I love all versions of DoD , its my mod ive been with since ' the beginning'. 1.3 and 2.0 are totally DIFFERENT games. God forbid DoD require skill and not CS style run and gun. Kneel everyone in a while you deathmatch punk

Originally posted by Dsty2001
Oh my gosh, your crying because you can't run around like a fool and shoot everything you see. People play DoD because it has SOME realism in it, unlike Counter-Strike and most other Half-Life MODs.

oh yeah cause you know pointing and clicking with a mouse on a computer screen is so realistic:dozey:

OMG D8cam i so know wut u mean, i was hooked on 1.3b. it was the best version of dod, well until v1.0(only because it adds more teamwork)
i LOVED 1.3b it was fun as shit and fast and furious. 2.x ruined it for me, i stoped playin after 1.3b until v1.0

good man, good man.:cheers:

realistic combat is not always cool

/me sits in a corner

/me waits

/me waits

/me waits

/me says f*ck it and runs out there to go find someone

/me is shot down by sniper

/me waits

/me respawns

/me is spawn killed

/me waits

/me waits

/me waits

yep realistic combat is SOOOO much fun :D

/me sits in a corner

/me waits

/me waits

/me waits

/me says f*ck it and runs out there to go find someone

/me is shot down by sniper

/me waits

/me respawns

/me is spawn killed

/me waits

/me waits

/me waits

yep realistic combat is SOOOO much fun :D

lmao, what you described isn't realistic, it's dod/dods...spawn killed? lmao, realistic games don't have respawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back