Does anyone actually have an X800?

lans said:
OMG, you rich bastard - how can you think of upgrading now that you EVEN have a X800!

Man, I wish I had rich folks. ;(

he doesnt have it yet i quess, he just puts that card in his spec so he looks "cool" .......
:flame: :hmph:

blackeye said:
Pobz your cpu is a bit underpowered for your x800 xt. Most people are saying you need atleast a 3.4 ghz pentium or an athlon64 3400.
Thats a bit overboard for most people. Even if it bottlenecks it will still run just about anything you want to throw at it. Plus it should last you as upgrade other parts over the next few years.

A bit of the subject... But does anyone know where the hell the X800 XT is? I can't find solid release info anywhere, and ATI's website isn't any help. Neither is their customer support. Did someone say July 27th? I am starting to lose some patience, I've been waiting for several weeks for just release info...

They've been released they're just not in stock. I ordered mine way back and I'll be getting it July 27.

Pressure, can I have your 9800 Pro (when you get you X800)? I'll love you forever and I'll put a picture of you up on my wall! :D

Already sold my other computer because I'm building a new one. Sorry ;(

Where did you order your XT at? I wanted to pre-order from CompUSA but their page isn't working anymore.

in my compusa store we received four x800 XT's 2 weeks ago. They were all gone in one day. Funny thing is that we only sold one, the other 3 were traded by employees, free upgrade using our replacement plan :)
We still haven't received one single x800 pro, which is the one I am waiting for....
We actually have 2 different ones in system, one by ATI and one by Xtasy. We also have some 6800s in our system, but we never got one.

Well I went into compusmart to preorder mine today and they said that it was delayed from the 7th but they would be definatley getting them on the 15/16 of July. And I got it for ati's listed price not $100 more like some places are doing. Its really pathetic. I can get it at compusmart for $699 but other places are selling it for $780.

gulo said:
in my compusa store we received four x800 XT's 2 weeks ago. They were all gone in one day. Funny thing is that we only sold one, the other 3 were traded by employees, free upgrade using our replacement plan :)
We still haven't received one single x800 pro, which is the one I am waiting for....
We actually have 2 different ones in system, one by ATI and one by Xtasy. We also have some 6800s in our system, but we never got one.

GULO what is the replacement plan? Is it only for Employes?

kidrock450 said:
GULO what is the replacement plan? Is it only for Employes?
For the exact answer go here and find "Replacement Plans" on the 6th page.
...the Replacment Plan will provide a one (1) time replacement of your original product with a prodcut of equal or similar features, speicifications, and functionality.
Simple example. If I bought a GF4 4600 with in the past 2 years with a replacement plan. I can walk in with a 'broken card' and walk out with a 9800pro. Why? Because they don't sell the GF4 4600. And you get a product that will perform no worse than your returning product. The other cards below the 9800pro can perform worse than that 4600 in many cases. ;)
If that store had the X800pro in stock, I could upgrade to that card by paying the difference.
Of course that very well could be a best case scenario but it would still be a good deal even for the ability to upgrade.

:naughty: Or you can be spoiled, that's what I had to do. Just playing. I saved up for ages, now I can't my hands on this x800 XT! BestBuy said shipping in June, CompUSA said shipping July 6th... when will they receive the damn CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I think too much hype around these new cards. I think that some people are crazy to upgrade from a 9800 pro or something to a x800 now. Its just for some small improvements in a game, i would say such a waste of money. Most people probably buying because they either lots of money to spend on computers or just wanna be cool boys, with the "latest" cards.

:hmph: I didn't know the x800 Pro alone doubling FPS rates in some games than that of the 9800 XT which is priced more at the moment than the x800 Pro (x800 Pro- $399, 9800 XT - $449) is just a marginal increase in performance, yes what a waste of money yes yes. Even if it was an x800 XT that's still not a waste of cash $50 bucks more for top of the line performance, you should be saying to the owners of the 9800 XT have wasted that they have their money.

what games for example then? doubling fps? must be for very old games, im talking about new games. come on, thats a joke.

ailevation said:
:hmph: I didn't know the x800 Pro alone doubling FPS rates in some games than that of the 9800 XT which is priced more at the moment than the x800 Pro (x800 Pro- $399, 9800 XT - $449) is just a marginal increase in performance, yes what a waste of money yes yes.

Why do you think I got my X800 Pro instead of a 9800XT like I was going to do?? ;)

-TaNaKa- said:
what games for example then? doubling? must be for very old games, i mean new games. come on, thats a joke.

No, you need to see some benchmarks a few places did awhile back, it showed the card made double the fps.

DiSTuRbEd said:
No, you need to see some benchmarks a few places did awhile back, it showed the card made double the fps.

link? So a x800 can perform the double fps of a 9800 pro or xt? So hard to believe. About what kind of games are we talking then?

-TaNaKa- said:
link? So a x800 can perform the double fps of a 9800 pro or xt? So hard to believe. About what kind of games are we talking then?

9800XT, it does 2.5x faster than the 9800 pro....Games we are talking about, farcry,cod,ut2k4, etc.

Yup true. But ONLY at 4xFSAA & 8xAniso and 1600x1200. I wont use that resultion anyway :p

BTW nice pokemon you got there, lol :naughty:

But without 4XFSAA and 8XAnsio the graphics card is bottleknecked anyway.

If you think only at that resolution, ok, I know the truth for myself :)

Yeah , i quess its different with each game. o_O

And i dont want a Charmander, i want a charizard or how the f*ck you may call it lol :p

Hey, what was the rebate or whatever the code was for 10% off at Gateway?

kidrock450: with replacement plan you basically get store credit for what you paid on your old card. If you bought 9800xt for $499 last fall, now you can get $499 credit towards x800xt
And btw the card doesnt really have to fail :)

I will probably end up buying 6800 GT instead, because we have some on order which means we will definately get it soon and its even faster than x800pro and it's $10 cheaper for me :p

gulo u work at compusa? or bestbuy?

if u buy brand new how much % off do u get? as an employee

gulo said:
I will probably end up buying 6800 GT instead, because we have some on order which means we will definately get it soon and its even faster than x800pro and it's $10 cheaper for me :p
I'm curious about this actually. I've been trying to decide between the X800 Pro and the new 6800GT (OC). I haven't seen any comparisons between the two cards, just between the 6800Ultras and X800 Pro's/XT's.

So maybe some specifics as to how or where it's faster than the X800's would help me out a lot in my purchasing decisions. They'll both be the same price to me so far as I've seen, but I just want to hear why or how the 6800GT's are better.

Zips said:
I'm curious about this actually. I've been trying to decide between the X800 Pro and the new 6800GT (OC). I haven't seen any comparisons between the two cards, just between the 6800Ultras and X800 Pro's/XT's.

So maybe some specifics as to how or where it's faster than the X800's would help me out a lot in my purchasing decisions. They'll both be the same price to me so far as I've seen, but I just want to hear why or how the 6800GT's are better.

Here are some tests on Far Cry. Be sure to check all of the tests there are several pages of them:

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040705/farcry-05.html#level_research

That's all I could find lol.

Back