Does anyone actually have an X800?

6800GT is better than the X800 Pro, but the X800XT is better than the 6800 Ultra. Now what makes the GT better than the Pro is that the GT has 16 pipes enabled right off the bat, they usually can overclock higher than an Ultra, and it does not have the giant power requirements that the Ultra has, it only has 1 molex connector compared to the 2 that the Ultra uses.

NJD2003 said:
6800GT is better than the X800 Pro, but the X800XT is better than the 6800 Ultra. Now what makes the GT better than the Pro is that the GT has 16 pipes enabled right off the bat, they usually can overclock higher than an Ultra, and it does not have the giant power requirements that the Ultra has, it only has 1 molex connector compared to the 2 that the Ultra uses.
Yeah, I did make note of the open pipelines of the cards when comparing them earlier, as well as being relieved at the one power connection instead of two (Even though I just upgraded to a 520W PSU so it wouldn't have been a problem). My main thing was trying to find benchmarks containing the GT and lo and behold it was at the first place I looked, even though I didn't read the one article there containing the information I spent all day searching for, go figure.

It's a definate appeal to me now with the SM3.0, the same price as the X800 Pro, faster then the Pro and sometimes even the XT line, and with the overclockability of it, I think I'm going to be set for a very long time. My Radeon 9200 needs a retiring now anyway :).

I'm beginning to believe that the X800 doesn't actually exist. I'll probably have to buy a R9800, because you can actually GET ONE. And why the **** is everyone talking "omg omg i getz x800 it gonna r0x j00 b0x0rs" when ATI hasn't even made any?

Cybernoid said:
I'm beginning to believe that the X800 doesn't actually exist. I'll probably have to buy a R9800, because you can actually GET ONE. And why the **** is everyone talking "omg omg i getz x800 it gonna r0x j00 b0x0rs" when ATI hasn't even made any?
Actually... check out www.pricewatch.com

About the 5th or so listing on the X800 page I found a Sapphire X800 Pro for $423. I didn't bother to keep looking.

Also, newegg.com has some of the more pricy ones in stock.

Zips said:
Actually... check out www.pricewatch.com

About the 5th or so listing on the X800 page I found a Sapphire X800 Pro for $423. I didn't bother to keep looking.

Also, newegg.com has some of the more pricy ones in stock.

I live in Finland. And any shop can say "look, we have the X800 on our price list" but that doesn't mean anything. Finland has at least twelve different X800 models "available" across a hundred stores. But none are available. They are either "coming soon," "out of stock" or whatever.

Cybernoid said:
I live in Finland. And any shop can say "look, we have the X800 on our price list" but that doesn't mean anything. Finland has at least twelve different X800 models "available" across a hundred stores. But none are available. They are either "coming soon," "out of stock" or whatever.
Ouch. Don't worry though, from what I've seen online they are either out of stock or sell out within a day from most online retailers here in the US. Good luck though.

Found a good thread on another website for x800 pro/XT and nVidia 6800 ETAs in UK.

General concensus seems to be late July, early August.

link

p.s juat ordered my self a connect 3d x800xt. :smoking:

Thanks Asus, that was awesome. Saved me $50 on retail.

The store is still saying that shipping will start, er, last week... plus, they've got some other x800 models that will start to ship last week. What fun!

Aye, it was a great card.
Isn't out of date yet though. IMO
Plays great as far as I can tell. ;)

Pobz said:
Mine's coming directly from ATi and they still haven't sent it out yet, I got the estimate '3 to 4 weeks' about 5 weeks ago, lol.

Ah well, I guess my crappy old 9800pro will have to last a bit longer :p
Crappy? You bastard.. I am stuck with this damned Geforce 4, and you're saying 9800pro is crappy.. you rich bastard.

StevenlAFl said:
Crappy? You bastard.. I am stuck with this damned Geforce 4, and you're saying 9800pro is crappy.. you rich bastard.

Why does everyone call people rich bastards when they have better cards? I mean really, the 9800 pro isn't really expensive...Hell I was thinking about replacing my fx5600 with one...

DiSTuRbEd said:
Why does everyone call people rich bastards when they have better cards? I mean really, the 9800 pro isn't really expensive...Hell I was thinking about replacing my fx5600 with one...

cause spending 500 bucks on a vid card is a good sum of money for JUST a video card...hell my a64 3000+ and mobo and ram was around 450

VeZ said:
cause spending 500 bucks on a vid card is a good sum of money for JUST a video card...hell my a64 3000+ and mobo and ram was around 450

Yet again, you don't have to be a rich bastard to afford it.... :rolleyes:

I still have a TNT2 in my PC, just because i can't affort a new video card let alone a new PC.
My parents are working all day to get the rent for our house, and a newspaper job i got doesn't earn much money.
The only game i play is Halflife and his mods.
I dont think i'll ever play Hl2,
not because i dont want to but because we dont have money for a new PC, but that's live...
Why do you guys need a x800 if you got a 9800 PRo (the card i always dream about)
If you can play a game with 60fps its ENOUGH, you eyes won't even notice the difference between 200 and 60 fps.
DoD wont even reach 60fps with my PC.

(If you wanna donate hardware email me... :| )

I cancelled my X800 order and picked up the R9800XT which I ordered earlier this week (the X800 was ordered over a month ago). If ATI can't get it's shit together with the X800, so be it. I don't have time to wait because right now my display adapter is a R7000 which doesn't exactly work well with today's games. I'll keep using the R9800XT until it's obsolete.

Cybernoid said:
I cancelled my X800 order and picked up the R9800XT which I ordered earlier this week (the X800 was ordered over a month ago). If ATI can't get it's shit together with the X800, so be it. I don't have time to wait because right now my display adapter is a R7000 which doesn't exactly work well with today's games. I'll keep using the R9800XT until it's obsolete.

Dude, I hope you know, you just wasted a lot of money.....You should've waited. But your decision on that part, 9800 pro 256mb is cheaper and can be modded to 9800xt status soo easily.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Dude, I hope you know, you just wasted a lot of money.....You should've waited. But your decision on that part, 9800 pro 256mb is cheaper and can be modded to 9800xt status soo easily.

I'm tired of waiting. I want to play my games now instead of next year. It could take months for the X800 to arrive. And some 9800 pros can be modified into XTs, not all of them. It's all very unreliable.

Back