Does Gabe Get Mad?

Muhahahaha

Reaction score
I'm not really wondering if he EVER gets mad, but just if he gets mad at fans. About a week ago I sent him a somewhat long email. By the next day he had replied with a brief response that answered the question I had about my hardware (which was actually just part of my email). That same day I got his response, and I sent him another email with more questions, but a little while later, I had come up with a few more questions, so I emailed him again. Then, that same day, I found something that concerned me, so with a "one more thing," I sent him a third email that day. After two days I had not received a reply, not that I necessarily expected one, but I had a few more questions so I asked him in an email. Also, two days after that email, I sent him a fifth email (besides the original that he responded to) asking him a little about the game, and then some more about my hardware. So then, just now today (two days after the fifth email), I sent him what is now the sixth email which only involved the actual game. I was polite and grateful in each email and I tried not to sound demanding or anything like that. In some of the later emails I even said stuff like, "sorry to bother you again," or, "maybe you should scold me for my exorbitant amount of emails so that I don't overwhelm you." Anyways, I was just wondering whether it's possible that he got "mad" at me or something, or that maybe he's just busy. I suppose it could make sense for him to take this long to respond, but I'm not sure what he's up to and I thought someone would have a better idea of how long it could take him to respond. Thanks all.

he's always busy.

but i would've ignored you too : D

Lol, thanks... :p I'll be getting an ATI X800 XT (Platinum?) soon (yes, like my sig). That's mainly what I talked to him about, so by the end of the week I will probably have bought it. Can't wait. (I'm just not sure whether it's Platinum or not. They say it's an AGP card, which is what I need, but they also say that it's an "XT" even though the XT is PCIE and only the XT Platinum has AGP [as well as PCIE at the same time].)

...you could just ask normal forumites or try someone else at valve :p

lol... you should've sent him one email with all your questions. That way he wont be bothered.

Youre lucky he responded to you once. Do you know how much email he gets? Just because he writes back doesnt mean he's your new "buddy". Dont be buggin Gabe with trival bs.

Six emails?! :rolleyes:

A friend of mine showed Gabe as a Homie G is now getting a poster from him soon...

Gabe Actually emailed me once, I can't remember why exactly, it was 2 years ago and I didn't really know who Teh Great Gaben was.

It was fairly lengthy, I responded, and got a response in return.

I think it had something to do with Steam. Im gonna go see if, by some miracle, it's still in my Inbox.

All we know for sure, is that you dont want to get Gabe mad; the guy has a collection of hundreds upon hundreds of knives!

Muhahahaha said:
I'm not really wondering if he EVER gets mad, but just if he gets mad at fans. About a week ago I sent him a somewhat long email. By the next day he had replied with a brief response that answered the question I had about my hardware (which was actually just part of my email). That same day I got his response, and I sent him another email with more questions, but a little while later, I had come up with a few more questions, so I emailed him again. Then, that same day, I found something that concerned me, so with a "one more thing," I sent him a third email that day. After two days I had not received a reply, not that I necessarily expected one, but I had a few more questions so I asked him in an email. Also, two days after that email, I sent him a fifth email (besides the original that he responded to) asking him a little about the game, and then some more about my hardware. So then, just now today (two days after the fifth email), I sent him what is now the sixth email which only involved the actual game. I was polite and grateful in each email and I tried not to sound demanding or anything like that. In some of the later emails I even said stuff like, "sorry to bother you again," or, "maybe you should scold me for my exorbitant amount of emails so that I don't overwhelm you." Anyways, I was just wondering whether it's possible that he got "mad" at me or something, or that maybe he's just busy. I suppose it could make sense for him to take this long to respond, but I'm not sure what he's up to and I thought someone would have a better idea of how long it could take him to respond. Thanks all.

6 E-mails? I would have sent you a reply telling you to "F*** off".

Don't bother him, he's an extremely busy guy.

so basically you annoyed the shit outta him just to ask him if he gets mad ? dude thats a bit excessive, leave the guy alone, hes fat

urban said:
so basically you annoyed the shit outta him just to ask him if he gets mad ? dude thats a bit excessive, leave the guy alone, hes fat
You really didn't read his post, did you? All you read was "e-mail" "Gabe" "mad", didn't you? Read their posts before posting stupid responses.

Anyway, on-topic. When did you send these emails? Because remember, he's on his christmas holiday, and you must have just caught him witht he first one, and missed him with the rest.

Also, it must get annoying when you get the exact same emails every single day asking about something (Not in response to your emails). Just think of the amount of people emailing, complaining to him about Steam - how annoying.

-Dekstar

I work for a company and get random emails from our website with questions. If I'm having a good day the response is practically instant - if I'm slightly busy it'll take me a couple days. If I'm real busy the reply never happens.

I'd say Gabe was between slightly busy and real busy right now. Just back from Christmas hols = a gajillion emails from people who bought the game over christmas. Plus he's probably hard at work doing something....probably working on the Alyx expansion pack (yeah, I know it's just hearsay at the moment).

I sent an email to Gabe ages ago just congratulating him and the team on a great job. I didn't get a reply but I didn't ask any questions. Apart from "Thanks, we think we did a good job too" I wasn't really hoping for anything anyway.

I feel sorry for the guy, his emails are probably a full time job on their own. Leave him alone unless it's something really important. Also try to email other members of the team if you know what dept. you're after e.g. Level Design, Texture Artists etc. Check the Valve website, they're all on there somewhere.

He seems to be really patient, if he wasn't he'd not reply to anyone, just set up a junk mail filter on his inbox.
He seems to be the main PR at Valve, keeping the relations with the community.
I don't think he gets pissed off, it's not exactly junk mail.
I'd get pissed off with 6 junk mails in my account, but 6 from the same person, I'd at least try to see what they were saying. If I decided they were rambling incoherently (more than likely) i'd ignore it.
We won't have a bad word said against him :)

Back