Don't forget, Doom3 episode of "Icons" on G4TechTV tonight

Well i'll watch this "Icons' video and then make my choice

That new vid was awsome!

Did you see the bit where the player went to open the door, and then suddenly everywhere glowed red and you heard a child cry, and suddenly it went back to normal ? :O...I needed new pants there for a moment.

simmo said:
That new vid was awsome!

Did you see the bit where the player went to open the door, and then suddenly everywhere glowed red and you heard a child cry, and suddenly it went back to normal ? :O...I needed new pants there for a moment.

"They stole my baby." "Waaaaah." :eek:

These videos are awesome. Now I really can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Same here, I'm hoping the loading times and performance are up to scratch, thats what I'm really worried about ;(

OMG, I am so dying to get my hand on DOOM3. I ll be dam, this is awsome m8s, it really kiks ass.

HL2 should been like d3 :|

Hey can someone help me out. I cant seem 2 get it 2 play. I try 2 get it on realplayer and it says i need new software downloaded but yet it cant find anything 2 download. My windows media player cant play it aswell as my quicktime. Anyone know how 2 get it playing? Also you guys have a faster link download 2 it? I think I need 2 redownload the file that could be the problem.

B3@$T said:
Hey can someone help me out. I cant seem 2 get it 2 play. I try 2 get it on realplayer and it says i need new software downloaded but yet it cant find anything 2 download. My windows media player cant play it aswell as my quicktime. Anyone know how 2 get it playing? Also you guys have a faster link download 2 it? I think I need 2 redownload the file that could be the problem.
You need to play it in DivX player.

Oh ok thanks. Simple answer heh

EDIT: ok nvm it says make sure its a avi or mpeg file. stupid thing I always have problems.

Urgh, the only working link is the bit torrent, and the tracker is dead. :|

[EDIT]: Ah, there it goes. :)

alright ill try them. Dam I want 2 see those show so badly hehe

Sparta said:
Hmmm. i've got a dilemma

I've got 34 bucks and it costs 80-100 bucks Australian for Doom 3. do you think i should trade in Deus Ex : Invisible War and use that money to help pay for Doom 3? Because i'm outta options. I'm just not sure if i really want to trade DX:IW in....I never play it....but i might play it agian some day...

Trade it in or I will break you! :angel:

Where they were talking about how great id's games are, they showed a gamer playing UT2k3. I found that amusing.

kungfucheez said:
I heard it DX:Iw was crap, so i guess you should trade it in
Yeah i'm trading it in for Doom 3 and using the money to help reserve a copy today.

i just downloaded the clips off of fileplanet
and i must say, its once again renewed my excitement
only 2 more weeks! :cheers:

I have one question...why are the people's skin gray? Don't people have real skin? :|

I still think Half-Life 2 looks more realistic but DOOM3 looks more scary. I mean, you really can't say the characters are more realistic than HL2s, it's plainly seen they aren't. Of course, that doesn't make DOOM3 a bad game, not at all, given the review by PC gamer it'll probably be amazing and I look forward to playing it. Plus when one of those pink demons are after you you wont be paying attention to the GFX.

I really liked the part where he said "6 channel" sound. I just heard "6 channel" and went "Yes. Just, yes." I guess I'll need to buy my cables soon.

Also, there's a tram...if you saw that small 2-3 second clip in the Part 2. I really hope we don't ride in it at the beginning (or near the beginning). And there are cutscenes it looks like...

I didn't see any cutscenes.

There was the drop ship, but that looked to be ingame.

ShadowFox said:
I didn't see any cutscenes.

There was the drop ship, but that looked to be ingame.

There were quite a few cut scenes that I saw.

Well i traded in DX:IW and reserved a copy of Doom 3

Guess how much i got for DX:IW

I bought the game for 90 bucks, and they gave me..........25 bucks back......wonderful

Sparta said:

I bought the game for 90 bucks, and they gave me..........25 bucks back......wonderful

I'm not suprised, it's hardly worth 10. :p

Sparta said:

90!? What sick asshole ripped you off that badly?

The good news is that i didn't pay for it. It was a gift from my cousin. I asked him if he minded that i traded it in, he said sure.

Sparta said:
The good news is that i didn't pay for it. It was a gift from my cousin. I asked him if he minded that i traded it in, he said sure.

I thought you just said you bought it for $90, did you mean that he bought it for that price?

Gorgon said:
HL2 should been like Doom 3

Aye, but that's where you are wrong. I need variety, I want HL2 and D3 to be TOTALLY different and superior in their own ways.

Sedako said:
I thought you just said you bought it for $90, did you mean that he bought it for that price?

yeah my cousin bought it for that price.

CB | Para said:
I can't believe I'm gonna miss Doom3 : [

Why you gunna miss it? :/

-----------------------

The trailers look amazing, a real in-depth look at ID, i also really really REALLY!!! cannot wait to see how the cachademons (sp?) die :E i hope they kept the tradition, i loved that.

I'm going away for a while, I wish I didn't have to but hey that's life.

On a side note I watched the videos, the new footage was amazing (especially the new cacodemons!) but I really hate these info-tainment type of shows.

Yeah, the new cacodemons inspired my new avatar!

Dunno if its been mentioned in this thread already - but do any of you guys know who that music, thats being played in the first 20 odd seconds of the vid, belongs to?

Sorry to bump this too, but did'nt want to make a whole new thread about this...

Back