Don't Panic

awesome :D I've only read the first book, but I'm gonna pick them all up soon :)

Books were great, let's hope the movie will be just as good!

what is it? i cant see it i dotn have dvx or whatever lol. its just a sound file..

hmm.. never heard of the books.. or this movie..
imma look into this..

omg. Dr.Freeman you are beyond saving, just give up and die right now :(

on second thought, give me your money first, <3

Dr. Freeman said:
hmm.. never heard of the books.. or this movie..
imma look into this..

You've seriously never even HEARD of the Hitchhiker's Guide series? Wow...

Damn, i can't wait. I was a huge fan of the series (radio and the TV one that came shortly after) that the BBC did and enjoyed the books, but like many thought the books were hard as hell to get right and that this movie might end up being terrible.

But I got a tingle down my spine seeing that teaser. Here's hoping its as good as it could be.

I cant see it :|
/me cries.
/me goes of to read the books again.

Any idea how much they will be doing? i.e will they be doing the whole 5 part trilogy?

Farrowlesparrow said:
Any idea how much they will be doing? i.e will they be doing the whole 5 part trilogy?

This is all we know:

QUIT BEING SO VAGUE! GIVE US SPECIFICS, D#&* IT! WHAT’S IN THE MOVIE AND WHAT ISN’T?

Sorry to say I will continue to be vague. I really don’t want this to turn into a “what Karey did versus what Douglas did” situation. By Douglas’s own admission, HHGG is a story with a long beginning and then an ending. There isn’t much middle. And movies need a middle. So most of the new material comes in the middle. Douglas created much of it. I took what he did and enhanced, expanded and connected (much like a wonder bra – and this wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been compared that that miraculous contraption). More has been made of the Arthur/Trillian relationship and the Arthur/Trillian/Zaphod triangle. Douglas knew, as I know, that in order to make a feature film bankrolled by an American studio that is to play on the global stage there needs to be a certain amount of attention paid to character, character relationships and emotion. The trick here is doing that while staying true to the spirit of the book, which is what I hope we’ve done. It’s fine if there’s a bit of a love story, it just can’t be sentimental and sappy. But I think people, especially die-hard HHGG fans, will be happy to see that it is very much the same story as the radio play, the book, and the TV series with all the well-known and beloved scenes, characters and concepts. Arthur, Ford, Trillian, Zaphod, Marvin, Eddie, Vogons, Slartibartfast, Deep Thought, Lunkwill & Fook, the mice, whales, petunias, dolphins, 42, even Gag Halfrunt; all present and accounted for.

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/hitchblog/interview.htm

This is the same guy who wrote Chikcen Run apparently, so it should keep the british humour intact. :)

I read that guy's self interview a while ago, and I have to say its the only reason I have good expectations for this movie. It sounds like its being done the way it should be, and the way Douglas would have liked it to have been.

omg omg omg!!! yay!!!! my favorite book is being film-itised!!! :D:D:D

come on, look at my sig and my name... you KNOW im gonna love this

Cool, hope it's as good as the books/TV series

I've got a brain the size of a planet and you ask me to pick up a piece of paper
:D

OMG, laughing my a** off, I already loved the books :D

\o/

Great news.

As SLH said, I hope it's as good a reproduction as the tv series was :)

I think the books were the best read in my life and gave me the best laughs ever. However I fear that they can't keep the same flowing pace in the movie, what made the books so great.

Yes, i really hope they dont screw it up.

The TV series was good. I'm pleased that they kept the music from it :E

EDIT: Surely with the length of the book it'll be a two parter.. :upstare:

However I fear that they can't keep the same flowing pace in the movie, what made the books so great.

There's no doubt that the movie won't be any comparable to the book; there's too much non-talking, too many thinking for a movie. But since I almost fell from my chair when I saw the trailer... I'll watch it ;)

they better not feck up one of the best books ever written :(

saw the trailer, and the best way to describe it is... almost orgasmic[/salad fingers]

You can kill me later, but i've not read any of these books.....however, i want to read them.

I looked on amazon for them and it came up with them, but i don't know which order to read them in :/

Anyone want to help me out? Pretty please :)

1. Hitchhikers guide
2. Restaurante
3. Universe, Life, Rest
4. Thanks for the fish
5. Rupert (didn't read that one)

You forgot mostly harmless...

Murray, just get The Ultimate Hitchiker's Guide, all books under one cover :)

Its what you listed as Rupert.
Anywho, Douglas Adams himself also wrote much of the script, so I have faith in it. In addition, theres going to be a lot of stuff in it that people who just read the books wont be familiar with. Hitchhiker's Guide existed in many different mediums and forms that were all pulled from to make the movie, so theres lots of material that wasn't used in the books that will likely be in the movie.

Yeah, the fact with the Adams-script helps ;) too bad he couldn't quite end it... :(

Back