Doom 3 Latest Interview

Gorgon

Reaction score
They didn't flinch when asked whether the company has changed in the wake of violent video game scrutiny, how they felt about John Romero's legacy, how Doom 3 will measure up to Halo 2, and why they were crazy enough to mess with one of the most beloved franchises in gaming history in the first place.

Game Pro have thrown up parts 1 and 2 from the recent chat with id Software's Todd Hollenshead, Tim Willits, and Marty Stratton :::::

Part One:http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox/games/features/33908.shtml

Part Two:http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox/games/features/33988.shtml

Have Fun :thumbs:

Interesting... cool to hear what they had to say about Masters of Doom

Did anyone else hear about the rumor that the e3 videos were rendered and not in game?

MaxiKana said:
Did anyone else hear about the rumor that the e3 videos were rendered and not in game?

No. Why would they be? The e3 version of it may not be completely optimized, but well enough to run smooth on a 9700 Pro, the alpha did.

Funny thing though, they WERE fully scripted, something that the HL2 stolen build has been criticized for a lot. At some points you'd have to move in the exact same way as they did in the e3 movie to make scripted events happening.

Hmm interesting article, so perhaps the release is in the middle of the year or at the end of the year. I hope were not getting a '2004 is the greatest gaming year ever' situation again where all big games are pushed back into 2005, like in 2003.

PvtRyan said:
Hmm interesting article, so perhaps the release is in the middle of the year or at the end of the year. I hope were not getting a '2004 is the greatest gaming year ever' situation again where all big games are pushed back into 2005, like in 2003.

then I will cry. we wait and wait and wait... games should be free.

hmm good articles. I'm still daunted over Doom's systems reqirements!

PvtRyan said:
Funny thing though, they WERE fully scripted, something that the HL2 stolen build has been criticized for a lot.

the only reson the HL2 build was criticized for being scripted was because gabe emphasized that they WEREN'T scripted.. but they were...

the only reson the HL2 build was criticized for being scripted was because gabe emphasized that they WEREN'T scripted.. but they were...

Man, I'm still confused about that. I'm yet to locate when he says it, although I eventually managed to find the beardy theory about how Barricade wasn't scripted and how no claim had been made past that. Not that I see what all the song and dance was about anyway... a) it was an early build we were never to see (I.e., a work in progress) and b) I gather they meant no scripts in the simple linear HL sense.

Anyway, that was an interesting read. I'm definitely awaiting Doom III... and I too hope 2004 doesn't become slippage city.

thehunter1320 said:

That implied to barricade...
He said something like 'I wanna emphasize that these here are not scripted events, the soldiers look how they can best help you out in combat *and some other blabla about them giving cover fire and advancing*' so that clearly only applied to that video since he talked about those resistance fighters doing smart combat stuff. It didn't say jack shit about previous demo's like traptown.

Back