Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and Halo 2 - A discussion

Originally posted by Reaper978
gamevoodoo just wants the thread to keep goin so he can pimp hl2 and show how much doom 3 sucks. Joy!

Thread%20Lock.jpg

If u had read my post in the past week, u would know that i'm buying doom3 and i like the dynamic lighting thing, but since brass and u start complaining hl2 graphics, i just feel like to defend it a bit... where did i show doom3 sucks? maybe i did few in purpose of defending hl2, beside what i said is the facts, it doesn't come out from my mind.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
How will HL2 fans react if someone tells them HL2 sucks and Doom 3 is better?

a) Say that Doom 3 sucks
b) Agree that HL2 sucks

choose b), then u're the weakest link

Why in the barricade vid nobody really reacts to being shot, or being killed? Also I see relatively no blood, and being shot from a machine gun, I think there should be some, heh.

Why in the barricade vid nobody really reacts to being shot, or being killed? Also I see relatively no blood, and being shot from a machine gun, I think there should be some, heh.

Wtf, you didn't see any blood?

I saw lots, and bloody wounds too.

Why not discuss this in the 5-6 video threads? I'm sure somebody there would point you to the search button.

thats odd, I saw no pain skins. Oh no, thats just because its an "old" video, the actual game will have all of that and scale down to a 486! yuckety yuckety yuck.

EDIT: nothing will beat doom 3's blood for awhile.

thats odd, I saw no pain skins. Oh no, thats just because its an "old" video, the actual game will have all of that and scale down to a 486! yuckety yuckety yuck.

EDIT: nothing will beat doom 3's blood for awhile.

Here we go again! And I thought I finally talked some sense into you. I guess youre just as hopeless as the Brasst guy.

man the one who keeps on spoiling thing is u, u make me feel like to defend hl2 again.
watch the vid again, no blood? are u color blind or something? besides have u see people get shot in movie or whatever, do u see blood splash around the victime when they get shot by bullets? if u do, that must be a horror movie with explicit content. btw, i like the blood on the floor in doom3, i was thinking about having resident evil fps as a mod for doom3 .

This year and next will bring many PC games that will blow us away. Unlike anything so far, really.

You mostly see pain skins on the white coat C17 doods, like the guy gets shot by the turret and theres a blood spot on his ass.

I said RELATIVELY no blood. There was some yes. Watch the guy who gets gunned down by the turret, no blood whatsoever, and he just falls over, not screaming or anything. Realism at its best.

A guy gets shot by the combine and screams, that rox

and the flying thing pumps like 4 bullets in the guys back.

the grenades appear to not do any damage at all, look at the combine's body, not a scratch on him right after a grenade explodes next to him. Again, realism at its best.

Well sorry, but if you want lots of death pictures try a gaizou website kthx.

I used to respect reaper for its 256 posts, i thought he must be an old fan of hl2 and just trying to improve hl2 fans' view on doom3, but now u make urself ridiculous by pointing out non-sense stuff from the hl2 video, and once again comparing what u had seen with doom3. Man what the heck u doing....

Ever noticed how Half Life 2 isn't real life, and how it isn't the perfectly simulated virtual reality that you seem to think it is?

Reaper do you do anything other than nitpick the HL2 vids with 1 sentence posts? Nobody likes a spammer

Yeah come on Reaper978, you wasted 4 hours of your life complaining about a game you don't even like. WTF

If people would stop using that bad pic of that stupid blockheaded imp and 4 player multiplay as their sole source of how much doom 3 sucks, sure.

Originally posted by gamevoodoo
Let's say hl2 is the penis, doom3 is the vagina, we need both of them to make a healthy and happy kids.
Very well.:eek:

another thing that pisses me off is that when I say something thats wrong about hl2 they go and say "cmon, its not real life!" Or "its an old vid, the game will look much better" "its just a game!"

Then when something isnt quite right with doom 3 they say it blows. :rolleyes:

If people would stop using that bad pic of that stupid blockheaded imp and 4 player multiplay as their sole source of how much doom 3 sucks, sure.

OK I wont, the imp simply drives people nuts.

of course , nothing is pecfect, either source engine or doom3 engine is pecfect. if u're looking for something that simulate the real life stuff pecfectly, u rather stop playing games. but if u want something better than hl2 , u need to look forward to the future games.

Now stop saying doom3 graphics better than hl2, we all got that point, ok u got graphics, we got gameplay and the rest. that's it.

As somebody pointed out if u keep on pimping doom3 and spoiling hl2, u will make hl2 fans anger which will result in not buying doom3 just to spoil it.

eh, i just wanted to point out again that i never said anyhting negative about the game hl2. Im only commenting on the engines and how the game looks. Infact I hope hl2 is a great game because i plan on shelling out some cash for it.

But i honestly cant imagine why anyone would think that the source engine looks better than the Doom3 engine. Yea you can find a phunky pic of the imp, or dig up a shitty pic of the alpha running on a geforce2, but when we see the game in its true form, how it will look on a adaquit system once the code is finished, there really isnt any opposition out there.

hellknight.jpg

I mean, if you really have problems with enemies that look like in the above pic then i dont see how you can be content with the quality of the hl2 models.

Or if you think these models look too blocky.......

doomcover.jpg

The old, shitty alpha pics running on a shitty comp dont make doom3 look bad when you understand how it will look on a decent system with optimized code.

BEcause of the way normal maps work with the low poly models, blockyness will become a great deal less visible when in motion than they are in still shots. So you might be able to find some blockyness in still shots such as this.........

doompage8.jpg

.......but when you consider that in motion they will be less noticible, only the people looking for a reason to bash the game will bring this issue up. Besides that, how can you really complain about some visible poly edges in still shots when you got bumps and cracks in the skin, such as the picture above, that react to light and appear to be real geometry. That simply could not be accomplished without the kind of technologies Doom3 is implimenting.

You know what, on that doom3cover, I think the hellknight is cute, cute little beedy eyes, me wants to hug it :D

Man, didn’t check general forums for a while, but couldn’t control myself when I saw Doom III vs. HL2.
Man so much flame, so much talking without backing it up with any facts. I will agree with Brassmonkey, Doom III looks superior graphically to HL2, and if you don’t see it from screenshots he posted, I don’t know how else can someone convince you. He doesn’t say HL2 will suck.

most people dont even realize that he has eyes :LOL:

Yea, i really think/hope hl will introduce some new and innovative gameplay elements. There are many fronts that should be steadily progressing in games, and i htink hl2 and doom3 are doing that. They just focus on diff things. When the technologies from both games become common in one platform, mmmmmm. It will be a great time to be a gamer.

Will Doom 3's mods be available for free download? Will they be created by the fanbase? Will the multiplayer be expanded? Will expansion packs be released?

As far as I know the answers to all those are no. That's why I prefer Half-Life 2. Lifespan and value for money. I don't give a damn if it's graphics are better.

Back