Doom 3 Multiplayer

NeoGlyphix

Reaction score
Oh good lord, the doom 3 multiplayer is so lame o.o,uhh they shouldn't of even made multi in the game if it was going to suck this bad, but anyway the only thing that saves the game is the SP(which is ****ing awomse :p)

THE HL2 LEAK IS MORE STABLE THAN THIS GAME! ID SCREWED UP BIG TIME JESUS CHRIST.

List of problems:
-Only some lights can be broken.
-Some lights dont shut off.
-Blood sprites only work sometimes.
-Configs dont save.
-Almost anything will crash this sad excuse for a multiplayer game.
-You need a x800XT PLATNIUM NUKKA™ OR ELSE THE MULTI GIVES YOU LIKE 1 FPS WOW.
-Apparently if there are too many players named player, it crashes the server.
-There is no favorites list.
-Lan is busted and runs like shit.
-They left like everything up for the people to mod in everything.
-THERE IS ONLY 5 SKINS, ****ING 5 PEOPLE AND THEY ARE JUST VARIATIONS OF THE SAME MODEL, JUST COLORS!
-THERE IS NO OPTION TO TURN OF THE GAY MUSIC.
-THERE ARE 5 MAPS AND 3 GAME MODES, WOW GOTY!!!!
-The gun sounds suck.
-The flashlight/fists are the best weapon and do more damage than almost all the other weapons.
-The rocket splash damage is a piece of crap, like 1 dmg.
-If you strafe you fly like 50ft to the side.
-Players move way too fast.
-All the multiplayer sounds are ripped straight from quake3, even the ****ing UI.
-The editor opens in a screwed up resolution.
-To change the config of game and have it save you have to make a brand new cfg and make it exec on startup.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME THE FERRARI COWBOYZ DONT NEED MORE MONEY! ID DOES NOT DESERVE MONEY FOR THIS TRAVESTY AGAINST THE MULTIPLAYER COMMUNITY!

By the way, ID doesnt even care, you can bypass the auth server for the damn thing with your host file. There is no way they beta tested this piece of rushed crap.

why would you care about doom3's multiplayer with hl2 around the corner anyway?

Is anyone here actually buying Doom 3 for the multiplayer?

meh, one rant won't stop me from getting this game

the mp mods will kick arse even if the doom 3 mp is crap.

Doom 3 is an SP game, with a tacked-on multiplayer. What were you expecting?

Doom 3 was always going to be about the singleplayer experiance, would have been nice to have a good multiplayer though.

I didnt bother with Farcry multiplayer so I prob wont bother with doom 3 multi either.

SP for me only. AAMOF I buy most games for sp. But with HL2 I'll actually try the MP out, seems so much fun.

And I don't think Doom III 's sales will suffer from a sucky MP

Well, mp is so bad, it shouldn't even be in the game, dont get me wroung though, the singleplayer is incredible.

NeoGlyphix said:
Well, mp is so bad, it shouldn't even be in the game, dont get me wroung though, the singleplayer is incredible.

Its a shame, but we havent had a good singleplayer expiriance in a while... atleast it kicks ass (as far as i know :hmph: )

the main focus is on the sp..they probaly spent 32 minutes making the mp and spent the rest on making the best sp game of all time!

Well it looks like this game will die. I mean lets face it, how many games last without decent multiplayer? I'm sure some people will mod for it, but if the multiplayer is dire to begin with, it will turn a lot of people off. Ok, nice graphics anda good singleplayer will keep people going for a bit, but when there are a plethora of just as good looking games around the corner, this isn't going to last.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Well it looks like this game will die. I mean lets face it, how many games last without decent multiplayer? I'm sure some people will mod for it, but if the multiplayer is dire to begin with, it will turn a lot of people off. Ok, nice graphics anda good singleplayer will keep people going for a bit, but when there are a plethora of just as good looking games around the corner, this isn't going to last.

haha...that is funny...do u really think DOOM3 will just fade away? in under 24 hours of the game being leaked there were like 500 seeders and over 30000 leechers! the game will be kept alive with mods thats the good thing about the pc....a great game never dies...hl1 had a shitty mp to start off with and its now the most popular online game today.

-=[Diablo]=- said:
hl1 had a shitty mp to start off with and its now the most popular online game today.

Lol i was about to say that too

The weapons sound crap? Aren't they just the same as in the single player? Or do they sound shitty too

I was looking forward to the Doom 3 multiplayer...more than HL2 multiplayer anyways.

Can anyone explain to me where did the co-op from PC came from and where u can download it?

Btw i tried multiplayer in Lan with my friend. Hey it's really not that bad, its pretty fun, sure not the best multiplayer ever, but really not the worst! I didn't see any issues that could make the gameplay suck. Anyway, it's sad it didn't fit you.

Harryz said:
Can anyone explain to me where did the co-op from PC came from and where u can download it?

It's from http://coop.doom3maps.de, the mod is still in developpement, but as it seems it's very easy to mod the game for co-op play so maybe we will have the mod soon.

Farrowlesparrow said:

If you don't mind me saying, thats a load BS good sir!

Its been widely known that iD had purely SP in mind for Doom3 - it was never stated that Doom3 was going to rival battlefield 1942/vietnams multiplayer or hl's mp.

MP was included because even more ppl would rant about it, if it was'nt it.

I'm not even gonna remind you how crappy Hl's mp was when it first was released - some pp already pointed that out :)

Nice graphics? Are you insane - they're gorgeus - nothing less than spectacular. And from reading all of the reviews that are out for now, the Singleplayer experience could very well be the one of the best this year (best ever from iD).

I'd like to see you just point out which games you're referring to that are as you elegantly put it "just around the corner".

To my knowledge there won't be a single game this year that'll compete with D3's gfx, and that saying alot since i'm primarily a hl2 fan.....even though hl2 has excellent gfx.

NeoGlyphix said:
blah blah snipped

a) you wet the bed after playing it and are in a bad mood

b) your illegal download was broken so you are in a bad mood

c) your one of those people who are never happy

Sorry but DoomIII looks like its gonna be huge and its going to give HL2 a serious run for its money.

The gameplay is just like Deathmatch Classic..it really sucks..
more bad news..im on the Hell levels in SP now and they are alot like the Xen levels from HL..u dont now what the hell is going on :)

The Dark Elf said:
a) you wet the bed after playing it and are in a bad mood

b) your illegal download was broken so you are in a bad mood

c) your one of those people who are never happy

Sorry but DoomIII looks like its gonna be huge and its going to give HL2 a serious run for its money.

Actually, he is telling the truth, somewhat. Most people (who downloaded the leak) on irc are also pretty dissapointed - for some reason - from D3's multiplayer.

lans said:
Actually, he is telling the truth, somewhat. Most people (who downloaded the leak) on irc are also pretty dissapointed - for some reason - from D3's multiplayer.

Most people (who downloaded the leak) on irc are also pretty dissapointed

That speaks volumes. I think I'll wait to see what the general feeling is from users who've bought it legally.

Please, no more leak or warez talk. Or I'll be hitting the button in my avatar ;)

And yea, we'll have to wait and see.

Fuk u asshole (The thread starter).

Put it like this: Your opinion vs 1000,000,0 fans supporting Doom3 mp + its mods.

So basically STFU plz :)

just had to say something.....the most pupular,best selling pc game of all time doesnt even have MULTI-PLAYER............im talking bout the sims :flame:

I don't think doom3's multiplayer will be much good, but I've never really like the mutiplayer for id software games. didn't even play doom1 multiplayer, though I was like 7 years old.

Terminal Velocity was an awesome game though. like, dag, yo.

edit: sims was best selling? does that include its ten or so expansions? cause that would explain a lot of things... like people who own the game buying it that many times.

-=[Diablo]=- said:
im talking bout the sims :flame:
How can you even begin to compare the sims to a game like Doom3 :eek:

where did you sleep last night - nirvana

NeoGlyphix said:
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME THE FERRARI COWBOYZ DONT NEED MORE MONEY! ID DOES NOT DESERVE MONEY FOR THIS TRAVESTY AGAINST THE MULTIPLAYER COMMUNITY!

this is the stupidest thing I've read in a while.

Alright guys, wait until it comes out, just wait for everyone going crazy and bombing ID for a shitty mp.

Mac said:
this is the stupidest thing I've read in a while.

It was a joke -.-

Edit: Umm wait until Quakecon, its gonna be funny as hell, and why put in a MP that sucks, why not just let the community make a mp that doesnt suck after the game is released.

Hey NeoGlyphix, will see... You should stop playing those unfinished leaks and shit. The SP= ownage, MP= good/fun. Maybe a few bugs, thats normal for a new game. ( patches fix that shit ) What you were saying is impossible. Thats 4 sure a illegal version.

NeoGlyphix said:
It was a joke -.-

Edit: Umm wait until Quakecon, its gonna be funny as hell, and why put in a MP that sucks, why not just let the community make a mp that doesnt suck after the game is released.

no i thought you were pretty serious about not spending money on it becuase the multiplayer was a travesty which i think is pretty stupid.

Buying Doom 3 for Multiplayer is like buying EverQuest for a great single-player game.

I tried the MP and thought it was fun. I didn't run into any of those bugs and problems he had. The only thing I did notice was that my FPS low was low, but u couldn't notice unless u were looking at the fps screen. I think this is a sad attempt to tell ppl not to buy DOOM 3.

Yeah, he does seem to hold some massive grudge. Maybe Carmack ran over his parents in his Ferrari.

Or maybe Carmack made a good game and we are finally getting the people that will bitch about anything they can in a game, we haven't had many of those posts recently.

Yeah, not since Far Cry have we had the major-release whining. So I guess its due.

I am a bit disappointed b/c I do love multiplayer gaming, but then again mods will come out, and D3 is a SP experience. I would still like there to be a decent MP, but I guess that's not happening..

Of course multiplayer would suck; I mean ID made is clear from the beginning that D3 is going to be SP focused, so people buying it now, don't expect miracles (I expect a lot more from HL2 when I ships, multiplayer wise). All you now have to do is wait and see how the mod community does and since it's rather large, there have to be at least couple of MP mods comming out that suite your tastes.

For all those people still bitching, remember the first counter strike mod, it was awfull. So you'll have to wait some time before the MP mods are polished.

Back