Doom 3 Multiplayer

Yeah dont listen to NeoG, he has no idea what hes talking about. Doom3 wont ship with Co-Op but modders are already at work ona co-op mod

Uhh right, the original mp ****ing blows, but anyway the chainsaw mod is leet, also my fightclub mod is fun lol.

http://members.cox.net/neog/

Seriously though, the regular mp blows hardcore, i dunno what game you were playing or if you never played quake3 before, considering its pretty much the same thing with wierd ass dmg values for the weapons. IE: Machinegun taking about 20 shots to kill someone.

Can anyone tell me how to get Doom 3's console up? Please!:/

Thanks a lot Neo! Can anyone help me? I've got a problem with Doom 3. My deafult monitor gamma/brightness is low and I cannot see much in Doom 3 because its too dark. I've put brightness up at highest in settings. Any other way to put it up, possibly in console? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Every game got a brightness setting inside its video option try using that. :)

From what I've gathered the MP seems to be similar to Quake/Quake 2 (Quake 3 is an abomination IMHO). I loved Quake, enjoyed Quake 2 so I should enjoy Doom 3's MP. Deathmatch can be a little lame if played on hooje maps, but keep it close and personal and it can be great fun, IMHO. I'm looking forward to the 13th :)

The mp kicked ass.

2.53 pent4
Gf4 Ti 4600 128
512 sd ddr

NO LAG high settings 800/600.
4 peeps in server.

I love the maps you can like turn all the lights off and you dont see the people your fighting. Even if their touching you it was great fun.

Gorgon said:
Every game got a brightness setting inside its video option try using that. :)

I already did that. But it doesn't matter now, I changed the gamma in console by using the cmd r_gamma and r_brightness trick, thanks for replying anyway Gorgon.:)

Oh by the way, the game kicks ass. It maybe heavily scripted, but it truly is a gem. I'm going to try the multi-player in a few moments.

Raziel-Jcd said:
The mp kicked ass.

2.53 pent4
Gf4 Ti 4600 128
512 sd ddr

NO LAG high settings 800/600.
4 peeps in server.

I love the maps you can like turn all the lights off and you dont see the people your fighting. Even if their touching you it was great fun.

sweet to hear those settings - i was afraid i was'nt gonna run the game with all the bells and whistles, but it looks like i can, 'cept for all the good dx9.0 things :(

2.66 p4
Gf4 ti 4400 128
512 Dual DDR3200

multiplayer isnt that great imo. the singleplayer is far more fun.

scribblehead said:
sweet to hear those settings - i was afraid i was'nt gonna run the game with all the bells and whistles, but it looks like i can, 'cept for all the good dx9.0 things :(

2.66 p4
Gf4 ti 4400 128
512 Dual DDR3200

Ya i was extreamly scared i would have to run the game on low/med settings but when i started it up made everything high/on/800/600 and NO LAG even in the HUGE fights. I got really happy, the engine is insane.

Wow, so much hate for people who aren't enjoying Doom3. Just because they don't enjoy it doesn't mean they are good for nothin prissy ass pirates.

I paid for the game today, didn't illegally download it. At first I was shell shocked at how absolutely beautiful the graphics were. After a little bit into it, the game had a bland feel to it. I guess I personally don't really have a fetish for sci-fi type games, maybe that has something to do with it, but it seems like the weapons don't have any bad ass "BOOM" factor to them. Reminds me of UT. The levels seem repetitive, and the sci-fish textures are boring me. If my humble opinion offends you, I think you need to lower your blood pressure.

NeoGlyphix : If we make a list of real *bugs* out of the things you mentioned, we are left with this :

-Some lights don't shut off
-Blood sprites only work sometimes.
-Configs dont save.
-Almost anything will crash this sad excuse for a multiplayer game.
-You need a x800XT PLATNIUM NUKKA™ OR ELSE THE MULTI GIVES YOU LIKE 1 FPS WOW.
-Apparently if there are too many players named player, it crashes the server.
-There is no favorites list.
-Lan is busted and runs like shit.
-The editor opens in a screwed up resolution.
-To change the config of game and have it save you have to make a brand new cfg and make it exec on startup.

wich is relatively fine, for a game who just got released and uses a relatively high-end, untested technology.

the rest can be deliberate gameplay decisions. for instance, it's not a bad thing that you can turn off ALL the lights in a level. for the most, it's
!!PURE ULTRA OLD-SCHOOL DEATH MATCH OWNAGE!! :cheers:

... with 5 crappy skin recolors, 5 tiny levels, and 4 vanilla game types (DM, Team DM, Tournament, LMS)... oh yeah... ownage! ;)

that's precisely what it's all about!
i don't want to sound pretentious, but i think only people that have massively played old games in old DM style can understand it.
it does not sound really applicable, but i think D3's MP is "gameplay before graphics/technique" : back to when things where simpler, and things such as multiple skins would have been considered as nothing more than eye-candy - nothing more.

Ive been playing the multiplayer all day yesterday (3rd day my pre-order arrived) allthought theirs allto of depth missing from mp I was having fun with it. THe rocket launcher is like the awp everyone will hate it or love it. I think what the engine can do is a step up from anything out and in the proper hands can rival the source technology. The sound allone will scare the crap out of you enoguh to make you want to stop playing you're so scared. THe game was meant to be played in the dark allone and with a very very good sound setup.

Look, I can understand the lack of skins and original game types... but only five levels? That's ridiculous, especially when you consider how tiny they are.

Back