DOOM 3 went gold .

Shuzer said:
I STILL don't see why people got scared by the D3 "alpha." It wasn't scary in the slightest, to me.

you played illegal stolen alpha :O :O :O

well it might have made it's way onto my computer but still... I do regret it.

When it comes to id games, you should not put stock in ANY date that is not given or atleast confirmed by id themselves directly. They usually only give dates when the game is gold. Thats why they never have delayed games. And when a date is set, you will know it is official because it will come directly from id through a .plan update. The day the game goes gold either hollenshed, willits, or carmack will update their .plan file and let the fans know. Every other date, even from activision, should be considered speculation.

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
you played illegal stolen alpha :O :O :O

well it might have made it's way onto my computer but still... I do regret it.

Why do you regret it? It was basically a demo, it showed nothing of the final game. Wasn't representative in the slightest bit. Everything was generally buggy, and it wasn't exactly optimized.

It was more of a Doom 3 teaser than anything

Shuzer said:
Why do you regret it? It was basically a demo, it showed nothing of the final game. Wasn't representative in the slightest bit. Everything was generally buggy, and it wasn't exactly optimized.

It was more of a Doom 3 teaser than anything

True. But for a mapper it was quite entertaining. :)

The mapping was great! I only played 3 levels to be honest. Only to e3 levels. :D

I just got the August issue of PC Gamer (US) and it said that their mind blowing secret has been pushed back a month. Do I smell Doom 3 or have I become dellusional? :p

blahblahblah said:
I just got the August issue of PC Gamer (US) and it said that their mind blowing secret has been pushed back a month. Do I smell Doom 3 or have I become dellusional? :p

Oh sorry, that was me. :eek:

Alig said:
Has anyone actually played the Doom3 Alpha unofficial demo?

Everyone that has i think will be the most terrified when they first play Doom3. If your new to it then you will be like "hey wtf lets roll on in there guns blazing" but people that have already played it will be like "umm...im not looking forward to this...."

Ive played D3 alpha and the last game that made me want to not play was SilentHill 2 on ps2...god damn!. If you think there is a truly scary game out atm then you are in for a nice surprise....this will scare you properly :smoking: It makes SilentHill 2 (for me at least) look like a kids fairy tale :angel:

I'll be buying it on day of release, 9:01am sharpish when shops open but i cant see myself playing it alone in the dark at night, definately not with my usual headphones on...ill be using speakers for sure, headphones involve you too much, sound wise that is :p

I can't believe people can get scared from a video game. No movie (except exorcist) has sacred me, the RE and silent hill series look cartoony with zombies. I really want a game to scare the living git out of me. Hopefully Doom 3 does. :)

lans said:
I can't believe people can get scared from a video game. No movie (except exorcist) has sacred me, the RE and silent hill series look cartoony with zombies. I really want a game to scare the living git out of me. Hopefully Doom 3 does. :)

have u played Undying?
i haven't personally...but have heard alot good things about it from a scare factor point of view.

might wanna check it out if u haven't already :)

Dr. Freeman said:
have u played Undying?
i haven't personally...but have heard alot good things about it from a scare factor point of view.

might wanna check it out if u haven't already :)

Ok then, let's see if it's scary or not. :p

*goes to rent undying*

lans said:

Silent Hill....cartoon....choke....??

http://www.gamer.no/bilder/ps2/silent_hill_3/2.jpg

...splutter....

Judging by your post, you don't seem to have played it either. Go play it, and then judge it. :p Scary damned stuff. of course, you can't play with other people...or watch someone else play it...or play it with a cynical attitude....just turn the lights out, close the curtains and turn the volume up. Let the game immerse you. :)

I posted this in another forum regarding why I think this release date has a good chance of being the real deal. I'll just copy and paste what I said even though it's like a sentence long:

"It all goes back to this simple detail: Those two sites are downright saying it was confirmed. We now know for sure that Activision knows of these proclamations. If there was no truth to this, you better believe Id/Activision would have had them change it by now. It's this detail that has me about 90/10 in favor of it being true."

To add to this, back in March Gamespot ran a news story about Doom3 coming out in April. In literally less than 10 minutes, they were forced to take it down.

Activision and Id have not made Gamestop or Ebgames change their proclamation that it is the CONFIRMED date. That says more than anything. If anyone remembers any of my posts here regarding Half-Life 2's release date (no one probably does I'm sure), I am not the most trusting on release dates, at all. In this case however, even I have my hopes up that it is an accurate date. Id/Activision not making the sites change what they said is a huge indication that it's right.

Soundwave said:
I posted this in another forum regarding why I think this release date has a good chance of being the real deal. I'll just copy and paste what I said even though it's like a sentence long:

"It all goes back to this simple detail: Those two sites are downright saying it was confirmed. We now know for sure that Activision knows of these proclamations. If there was no truth to this, you better believe Id/Activision would have had them change it by now. It's this detail that has me about 90/10 in favor of it being true."

To add to this, back in March Gamespot ran a news story about Doom3 coming out in April. In literally less than 10 minutes, they were forced to take it down.

Activision and Id have not made Gamestop or Ebgames change their proclamation that it is the CONFIRMED date. That says more than anything. If anyone remembers any of my posts here regarding Half-Life 2's release date (no one probably does I'm sure), I am not the most trusting on release dates, at all. In this case however, even I have my hopes up that it is an accurate date. Id/Activision not making the sites change what they said is a huge indication that it's right.

yeah i remember when Gamespot had to take down that news story... i also remember later that day an interview with another games site with Todd H. (can't remember his last name) and in the interview he shot it down like no tomorrow.

KagePrototype said:
Silent Hill....cartoon....choke....??

http://www.gamer.no/bilder/ps2/silent_hill_3/2.jpg

...splutter....

Judging by your post, you don't seem to have played it either. Go play it, and then judge it. :p Scary damned stuff. of course, you can't play with other people...or watch someone else play it...or play it with a cynical attitude....just turn the lights out, close the curtains and turn the volume up. Let the game immerse you. :)

Wow, blood... I'm scared. :p

I've played RE 1, 2,3 and code veronica. Somehow beared them, and their horrible controls, but they had intresting stories. Silent hill 1/2 - played it, except silent hill 3.They have the most messed up control scheme ever - I regret wasting my life on it.

Proabably something's wrong with me, I'm not easy to scare...$10 to anyone who scares me :p

While the bottom line is that both series have intresting storylines,I find neither scary or fun.The Survival horror genre might get back it's glory with RE 4 or Doom 3.

Soundwave said:

Yeah, that 15th april release date.

NV40.com said:
Regarding yesterdays statements:

Were put up by an ex member here after we had a fight (i knocked him out in the second round with a straight left) and before i could change passwords he put up that up.

So now im still explaining in emails to all sorts of people what,why,how the f*ck and who the f*ck.
Hes also set up another admin@nv40 account!!! So any emails in the last 24 hours take as 'a pinch of salt' until i can sort this mess out and him!

Piccys of him with his 'sexy' new wife will be up shortly!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy of JC's .plan from NINETEEN NINETY EIGHT has been removed to stop all the confusion,thanks to all for the emails for pointing this out.

We where going to post "COPIES" un-edited from Mr Carmacks .plan from early days to his last but there seems to be to much confusion to do this.

This does not look good.

Whats going on now?

lans said:
Ok then, let's see if it's scary or not. :p

*goes to rent undying*

Its scary for the first few levels and then it stops

blahblahblah said:
This does not look good.

Yes, I commented on that earlier. What happened is this jackass admin at nv40.com tried to pass of an old .plan update as a new one, got caught red-handed, and tried to backpedal by making up more shit. It has no bearing on anything actually related to Doom3's release date though, just another jackass trying to fool people.

Sparta said:
Whats going on now?

Yesterday, NV40.com posted something to the effect that they had spoke to Adrian Carmack (of ID software) and had confirmed a release date of August 3. Those comments have turned out to be false.

We still have gamestop.com claiming they have an official release date for Doom 3 set for August 3rd. However, this is somewhat iffy. Complicating the release date issue even more, Activision has stated that they do not know about any August 3rd release date. So the Doom 3 release is still up in the air. :(

Yes, I commented on that earlier. What happened is this jackass admin at nv40.com tried to pass of an old .plan update as a new one, got caught red-handed, and tried to backpedal by making up more shit. It has no bearing on anything actually related to Doom3's release date though, just another jackass trying to fool people.

How did you know it was from such an old .plan update? The oldest one I can find at this site was from 1999.

Someone at Planetdoom had them archived or something, he put up a link to it. Guess the admin at nv40 figured no one kept those around.

Maybe id announced the date, but didn't tell Activision yet.

Back