Duke Theft Auto

Awesome!!!
It's just not GTA, it's GTA III.
There was a Flashback FM radio station.

Awesome!!!
It's just not GTA, it's GTA III.
There was a Flashback FM radio station.

If there was a Radio Broker station, would you say it's GTA IV? ;)

The Flashback FM station was only the background for the video. The textures and general visual style are from GTA 1.

Now they need to implement stuff like... turning, instead of making the cars flip 90 degrees in an instant. :p

Goddamn the sounds in that 2nd vid were ****in irritating, anyways besides that..that was awesome.

Woah, that looks awesome :D . At first I thought it was going to be just 2d, but the 3d view looks great and brought be really nostalgic feeling from the first Grand Theft Auto.. It looks true to the original, yet very modern at the same time..

Why is everyone saying it's awesome, the graphics are so obviously crappy

Cool! Looks good. Will try this if it gets released.

I wasn't even aware of this. This brings back some memories. Thanks for posting this.

Really impressive for the Duke Nukem 3D engine. Still got some work to do of course, but if they could polish it up some more it could be very good.

It would be fun to walk around.
Duke Nukem 3d engine isn't modern at all but it's younger than GTA I.

Ok, found this thread from checking who was linking my youtube vids. :p

A couple of things I need to adress here.

The Flashback FM station was only the background for the video.

The radio stations that a herd in the videos are from GTA 1 ( Head Radio was first featured in GTA 1 then GTA III and so on )
There are some songs that I have put on the car's for the time being that will be removed at release time due to them being copywrited ( AC/DC ect )

Goddamn the sounds in that 2nd vid were ****in irritating, anyways besides that..that was awesome.

At a guess I would asume you mean the mission talk voice. lol, I am aware of this and will cut the amount of time it plays that. If it was the phones ringing to loud they have been reduced.

Why is everyone saying it's awesome, the graphics are so obviously crappy

My guess is that this guy is like 10 years old or something and thinks that GTA III was the first Grand Theft Auto game and has never seen or played GTA 1 or 2. (Yes there are some people out there who think this believe it or not :eek:)

Cool! Looks good. Will try this if it gets released.

Oh it will be, I have spent much time (almost a year now) and hard work to not have it released.

Duke Nukem 3d engine isn't modern at all but it's younger than GTA I.

Yeah, it's not modern by todays standards but due to the sorce code being released for it you would be amazed at what it can do now compared to back in 1996. :)

Hmmm, I think thats about it really. Expect an update on moddb.com soon.

The Commander

Hey welcome, it's good to see you here.

Finish it!
Finish it finish it!

lol, Time! Money! Time! Money! Time! Money!

I was going to try and recreate a part of the map in the sorce engine, but to convert over 1000 textures just for that semt to much time wasted. :eek:

You can do a simple *.bat file, or use some software to convert all textures.

They didn't release London 1969 for free, but 1961. I guess he's allowed to use 1961's content.

Welcome to the forums and keep up the good work. :)

Any chance of a GTA London mission pack?

Afriad not, As there is no free download for it and the 1961 download does not contain all the data that would be needed. (textures, sounds, music ect)

Hey sweet, a fellow kiwi. Looks great, loved the first GTA and just being able to explore the cities from another perspective will be awesome. Keep up the good work. :)

Heh, great to see you here Commander. :)

Thought I would try something funny. :)

dta10000te7.jpg

dta10001wx5.jpg

dta10003kg4.jpg

I have never completed any maps I have started in HL2, so don't expect much from this. I was only having a look at what it would look like in this engine. :p

( If these pic's are to large for this fourm I will remove the links and add smaller ones. )

Oh wow, incredible what you can do with an archaic engine like Duke 3D's nowadays.
Keep up the good work. :D

Back