DVD Version - Includes HL Source?

P

Pezzoni

Hi,

I was just about to order the DVD version of HL2 from Amazon, but I wanted to check that it did contain HL Source, CS Source, and all the other goodies that you get with the Steam package (silver).

I was going to get it from steam, but I don't want to have to download it again if I format, and it is more expensive.

Thanks for any replies, and sorry if this has already been answred - I couldn't find it if it has been.

Cheers,

Dan

Bah.

I might just get it off steam then... Fingers crossed that I can back it up esily if I want to format!

Thanks,

Dan

yep, burn the Steamapps folder to a DVD or multiple CDs. Or you could transfer the folder to another HDD/Partition before you format.

if i buy retail (which i am going to do), and i buy the silver package from steam (which i did), do i get dod:s if i ever reformat and use my cd's to install hl2?

Yup in the UK both versions ship on DVD's, but the 'DVD Version' most people talk about here is the collectors edition which comes with HL:S :D

guinny said:
if i buy retail (which i am going to do), and i buy the silver package from steam (which i did), do i get dod:s if i ever reformat and use my cd's to install hl2?

DOD:S will be tied to your account regardless, so yes.

Back