Ear

crackhead

Reaction score
hey heres an ear what do you think. it pretty high poly at the moment as you can see. i didnt do the hole bit as i thought it would make it too complicated.

my.php

My theory is that he is modeling a severed ear in a jar.

Why the hell are you modeling ears ? ;O

you obviously care enough to change your post you sly winkie. im modeling it to add to a head you sausage vendor. what would a head look like without any ears? an earless head!

:)

Isnt it better to start with the eyeholes of the head ?

that would take ages to render. plus im not sure about the ear thats why i posted it. lol do i really have to justify all this.

ergh that ear is grotesk. however you spell that. yeah i didnt include the hole or the bit next to it as it would make it too complicated. valves ears are only 5 polygons or so afterall.

The ridges on he inside could use some reconfiguring.
Other than that it is overall not much to look at.

Give us the head. :E

to long to render ? :S ..am i missing something here ..max's scanline renderer takes 5 seconds.
its "grotesque" and thats a pretty standard looking ear . its ironic how you didnt make the hole because of polycount refulations when your ear model is close to 50000 polys .

also the ear is an object that just screams "NORMAL MAP!" with all those subtle curves etc, the normal map should really fake depth well...

Also it needs that whole and inner section

ear7cy.gif

Heres something I made for a client a while back, as you can see you don't really need that much polys to make an ear..all you need is a basic understanding on how it flows. This isn't that accurate, but it was a rushed job :|

the ear is infact 1000 polys like i stated. thanks entity thats a great help. ears are so annoying. as for the render. my computers beeing really slow lately it took ages for that ear to render i will show the head though when its looking a bit better.

yep, they are :dozey: Thats why I usually use the same ear over and over again :p

yeah thats what i intend to do. valve just has a little 5 poly cluster so i wanted to improve on that.

crackhead said:
ergh that ear is grotesk. however you spell that. yeah i didnt include the hole or the bit next to it as it would make it too complicated. valves ears are only 5 polygons or so afterall.

GROTESQUE kk thanks

sorry is it your own ear. i have a thing about close ups of ears its nothing personal.

lol.....funny. i like the ear crackhead. who needs an earhole anyways?! :D

Back