easter egg in the movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braska

Reaction score
There will be some surprises in the games. There's at least one Easter egg in the videos that no one has noticed yet.

got this from the valve info thread... so if they say nobody has noticed yet, let's try to find it!
unfortunately he doesn't tell in what part it is... but i am going to have a close look now again...

Is an easter egg something thats not supposed to be there?

They said that they hardly ever read forums anymore, maybe we already found it.

Unnecessary thread really... It's already being discussed elsewhere, as you must know.

I'd assume its in docks, since they haven't offically released Kleiners yet. I doubt anything could be so well hidden in G-man.

I watched it again, puasing and unpausing and replaying certain parts. Was looking mainly at posters or any type of wording on walls and objects.
I couldn't make out what it says on the pop machine during the City 17 sequence. Don't know if it's anything though. There are a few posters on the wall during the same sequence when he's in the alleyway with the zombies. Couldn't really make them out either.
I tried. ;(

We still have the full E3 vieo to look at. It could be anywhere.

My guesses for most likely places:

1. The ending: we aready have confirmation from Laidlaw that something is hidden in those math equations.
2. Dr. Kleiner's lab: Maybe it's something he says? There are a lot of details in that movie.
3. Tech demo: WHO is the character made out of water?? It's hard to see. Besdies a tech demo is a perfect place to put easter eggs.

Maybe it is in the official game trailer that was released alongside the original e3 videos

I thought that Gabe Newell said the stuff at the end was just crap they decided to put in and meant nothing.

This might be it... in the high-res kleiner video, one of the scanners in the window wiggle...

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
3. Tech demo: WHO is the character made out of water?? It's hard to see. Besdies a tech demo is a perfect place to put easter eggs. [/B]

I actually thought the Water person was Alyx ...sort of looked like her in a few frames but i cant tell until they release the hi res version.

yeah the scanner in the window in the kleiner movie looks like a sprite

Originally posted by MIWojo11
I thought that Gabe Newell said the stuff at the end was just crap they decided to put in and meant nothing.

They said exactly the opposite. Search the Valve info thread.

the person made out of water is Gordon Freeman

you can clearly make out his HEV suit and his beard

I noticed this but never thought about it..When Alyx says "Gordon" doesnt she sound like the female Black Mesa security system voice? I think I found the easter egg! :D

remind me where the security system in hl1 speaks? i cant recall. Do you mean the training level?

Yeah..Woops, lol. Just shot off an email to Gabe asking him if thats it, but if you notice on the video the volume between the "Gordon" and the rest of her talking has a severe volume change. :bounce:

Also, she seems to grab her necklace thingie ...i cant see if there is something significant on i tho

HERE, A VALVE! GET IT! i r so good :]
and that duct tape has been there forever. you really need to pay attention and stop looking at her boobies...

Attachments

• avalve.jpg
    avalve.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 974
Originally posted by Northwood83
There is nothing on her pendant, Its just a random pattern.

Actually it looks like the rising sun. I doubt that's it however, it has to be something big.

Originally posted by Banana
Is it me or does Alyx have duct tape on her right shoulder?

Yes and it is slightly reflective.

Originally posted by vitale
HERE, A VALVE! GET IT! i r so good :]
and that duct tape has been there forever. you really need to pay attention and stop looking at her boobies...

LOL is this a joke? I saw like 20 valves in the movies.

Originally posted by Banana
Maybe it is in the official game trailer that was released alongside the original e3 videos
I think it's the trailer, where the scanner turns into a Strider.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
LOL is this a joke? I saw like 20 valves in the movies.
take a picture of those 20 valves then ;0

Originally posted by 2ltben
I think it's the trailer, where the scanner turns into a Strider.

Do you mean that segment or do you mean that a scanner actually turns unto a strider? i dont think the latter ever happens.

I was looking at the Kleiner video and i couldnt see any sort of text that stood out. The packing crates say something about keeping dry. The monitor that gordon knocks over looks like an actual viewsonic monitor although i doubt that is significant. I couldnt see anything in the orange liquid vats in the back though i am sort of interested in asking him how they did that.

At one point i remember reading that the valve people didnt think we would disect these videos so much so maybe the easter egg is something big and obvious we havent thought of.

That's the only valve(i see) in the 3 demos. If you can show me more. please do. ;0

a valve is so boring it doesnt even resemble an easteregg

Got a reply...

nope
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 5:14 PM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: Easter egg question

Hi, recently you stated that there is an easter egg in one of the movies, Could it be that when Alyx says "Gordon" in the begining of the Doctor Kleiner video that the voice for it is the female hazard course voice actress?

how does it not resemble a easter egg. Do you even understand why i chose it.
Its a valve,which is the name of THE COMPANY CREATING THE GAME.
-edit- ok, i tried. but if you didnt understand why i chose it, then omg0rd...

Originally posted by vitale
how does it not resemble a easter egg. Do you even understand why i chose it.
Its a valve,which is the name of THE COMPANY CREATING THE GAME.

And easter egg is something that makes you go "wow check that out!". A valve is a faily common item (even though its the name of the company). Unless the had it in an unusual place I don't see how it could be an easter egg.

There's a Black Mesa logo on Alyx's shirt, not an easter egg, more of an observation:D

a valve is NOT an easter egg

an easter egg is some hidden thing put in a nondescript location that either hints at the secrets of the game is some otherwise cool thing

an example would be the text at the end of the e3 demo

a valve is NOT an easter egg

i'm trying to see if i can see something in the water reflection in Docks but so far no luck. Does the half sunken boat tho look like the "Perfect Storm" boat to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back