easter egg in the movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think it's more really of a barnacle..."

..umm...? that makes no sense, homie

Hmm... indeed. Just watched the movie. It does appear that the tubes are empty. Perhaps just a coincidence? Oh well... ;(

Originally posted by Skeeze
"I think it's more really of a barnacle..."

..umm...? that makes no sense, homie
I think that the object is really a barnacle...
You happy there, boi?!?!I Changed it...

Yes.. the box behind Kleiners computer says " Do Xot Drop" ive watched the video around 1000000000 times now.. trust me.

Hey, SnowBall, did you used to post at the Unreal Forums? I think I saw a guy named SnowBall-Local Bag of fun

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Hey, SnowBall, did you used to post at the Unreal Forums? I think I saw a guy named SnowBall-Local Bag of fun
Indeeed that would be me over at the Atari Forums. I post at the Unreal 2 forums. Who are you?

Unreal 2 sucked...besides the graphics...and the particle effects sucked :(

I asked Erik Johnson about the "easter egg" on steam and he said he hasnt heard of one in the videos.

Meh, I dont post there for the game, I just post there for fun.

Yes.. the box behind Kleiners computer says " Do Xot Drop" ive watched the video around 1000000000 times now.. trust me.
It says Do Not Drop
It's a stenciled N and appears to be an X, because of the breaks in the letter.. I'm pretty sure someone said this before, and they are right, I don't care how many times you've watched the video.

Unreal 2 sucked...besides the graphics...and the particle effects sucked :(
Yes, Unreal 2 did suck... even the graphics, I found like a lot of flaws...UT2003's graphics are hell@ better...

I always thought that the egg was in the tech demo section, where they show off the purdy bump-mapping. Up in the top-right corner is what looks like a person.. It may be a trick of the light but it kind of looks like whoever it is has hung himself from the rafters. In any case, is there a way to get a positive ID on this guy?

I've sent a message to Gabe Newell with my theory... we'll see...

Originally posted by Da-BiG-eAsY
I always thought that the egg was in the tech demo section, where they show off the purdy bump-mapping. Up in the top-right corner is what looks like a person.. It may be a trick of the light but it kind of looks like whoever it is has hung himself from the rafters. In any case, is there a way to get a positive ID on this guy?

I've sent a message to Gabe Newell with my theory... we'll see...

Uhh, no it's just one of the resistance fighters. He's standing on the plank I think.

There is a whole big theory about the stained glass gordon, but that wouldn't really be an easter egg.

whoa whoa whoa

gonna look out for that hanging guy right now....

::eek:pens the 600 meg video::

EDIT: i dunno, man.... he looks like he is standing on his feet, which isnt the best way to hang urself

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Yes, Unreal 2 did suck... even the graphics, I found like a lot of flaws...UT2003's graphics are hell@ better...
...it's the same engine dude. 2k4, 2k3, and U2 are all part of the Unreal Warfare engine.

I dont know how toned down your settings were... unreal 2 looked pretty damn good.

I thought it said 'Do Xot Drop' at first too, but now that you point it out, it does say 'Not' just in a font that makes it look like an X.
Not makes far more senes than Xot.

Just an idea.. did no one else notice Alyx's hands? look a lot like the player hands from CS/HL :)

i saw taht too.. I was like... hmm,, so she is in CS.. 1.6 (well her severed hands.)

The time on the clock maybe a release date?
08/01?

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 547
This..

I just noticed that this is the same 'lab' as in the Kleiner video, just from an earlier build.

I was also thinking that mabye that orange liquid in the tubes is what they may be trying to strike back with? Like a chemical agent or something. It probably is more complex than just that (since when do you need polarizers to spray something?) so it may be part of a larger plan.

No, it was a joke. It was supposed to get you hyped and then make you freak out, that is the actual image that he has hosted.

Re: This..

Originally posted by Falco
I just noticed that this is the same 'lab' as in the Kleiner video, just from an earlier build.

I was also thinking that mabye that orange liquid in the tubes is what they may be trying to strike back with? Like a chemical agent or something. It probably is more complex than just that (since when do you need polarizers to spray something?) so it may be part of a larger plan.
Well spotted. Alyx is in a different outfit, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back