easter egg in the movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took a pretty amazeing screenie that im almost sure is some kind of secret dont flame me if its not but check this out!

how do I post images without webspace ladies??

Originally posted by alb1221
I just took a pretty amazeing screenie that im almost sure is some kind of secret dont flame me if its not but check this out!

That's the first time I've seen someone try and link to their hard drive in a very long time.

No it's okay, a lot of people do it at least one time in their life. If you wanna show us the screenshot add it as an attachment in your next reply. If you can't get that working for whatever reason just describe the part of the video to us and we can view it ourselves.

I think the valve is the easter-egg... It's funny. Identical to the valve in their logo... Small/Hidden

okay finally found attachment section its 4 am thanks for goin easy on me :cheese:

here it is hope its something interesting

WHAT THE HELL IT DIDNT WORK AGAIN IM SORRY!!!

this is another wierd thing I found hope this one actually works

Attachments

• horseie.jpg
    horseie.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 634
are there quickkeys to pause a bink movie?

For most Bink movies, you can hit the space bar to pause. It's been disabled by Valve. If you go to the following link and download the Bink tools, you can reactivate it. Just run the program, load the video, and check under Advanced Play (I think).

Bink tools page

aye, that's pretty cool, not much doubt what that is. GJ, that's a good find

the horse?, I thought it was pretty interesting wonder if it has any significance

also i think the ring the backround may be a hint as to what the jewel case for hl-2 may have on it as back of manual art type stuff (that lettering) or something

Hi all.

I was watching the docks video and noticed something about the sound. It seemed to me that the players voice was female !? If you listen to the "grunts" when the player gets hit they sound very feminine. This might be nothing, but i dont think its the zombies making those noises.

This might just be a coinsidence, but it could also have an enormous implication on the story :-/ Thougts?

The horse is a known easter egg, they are the statues in City 17.

Apparently there is one that we still haven't spotted though andd that's what we are trying to figure out.

this could possibly be of interest to you g-mans little green shadow doesent look so g-manish if you know what I mean :borg:

Attachments

• dlkafjadkslfja;slkd.jpg
    dlkafjadkslfja;slkd.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 847
last but not least wierd green lady with what looks like a marine over her

Attachments

• hmmmmm.jpg
    hmmmmm.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 535
Is this like those Magic Eye pictures? You have to turn your head and squint and then... kinda sorta like...

okay now this one jus gives me the creeps

Attachments

• creepy.jpg
    creepy.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 566
9) Metal Gear Solid 2 (and maybe 1 i dont recall) had name tags for dead people and those names were the names of some selected fans. Have you ever thought of doing something like this (incorporating fan names) into the game somehow? If so, can i be Dead Scientist # 42 ?

There will be some surprises in the games. There's at least one Easter egg in the videos that no one has noticed yet.

What I gather from reading this is that the easter Egg is somebodys name written somewhere. Or a hidden word, I think everyone is looking too hard.

I hope Gabe feels a little guilty playing a joke like this on all of you.

okay it wont post but its another freaky lookin dude im DONE posting for tonight

I don't care if it's an easter egg or not but i'm pretty sure there's a reflection in that computer monitor. Watch the vid a couple time then come back to tell me I am insane.

Attachments

• reflection.jpg
    reflection.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 569
My screenshot sucks I know but my reflexes suck, Whatever I probably am Insane...

Attachments

• reflection2.jpg
    reflection2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 611
I know, Gordon isn't supposed to have a reflection though... although it is blurred so you don't really get to see any face.

I'm quite sure it is his reflection though, I can't explain what else it is... the way it moves as gordon approaches certainly makes it look that way.

hmm... is it just me, or doesn't the thing protruding from the scanner on the table in Kleiners lab look somewhat similar to the orange manipulator gun?

Kleiner: Massless field flux should self limit and I've clamped the manifold parameters to CY Base and LG....

could he be talking about the grav gun? and the clip after that quote is where you first see it.

massless is like weightless which = 0 gravity. and maybe "self limiting" is how it limits the distance you shoot stuff, or maybe how it brings stuff close to you but keeps it at a certain distance. (before throwing it)

im prolly wrong though =\

edit: aww that guy posted faster than me =\
/me shakes fist angrily at slow typing.

Originally posted by Nathaniel
hmm... is it just me, or doesn't the thing protruding from the scanner on the table in Kleiners lab look somewhat similar to the orange manipulator gun?
It's been mentioned already, but it's actually a scanner from the back.

yeah, well... the scanners hover right? ie antigravity, so it's reasonable to assume that Kleiner somehow reverse engineers the scanner he got to somehow build a gravity manipulator gun. therefor the resemblance, and the talk about massless and gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back