easter egg in the movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice the wall textures in the tech demo? It hah a "70" or "76" painted below a long word, on the top left corner of every tile.

The soda machine just says "soft drinks" or something like that.

Originally posted by MaDMaXX
yeah, they look at Gordons crotch :p

Haha, yeah, I just think there is something strange about them when compaired to Dr. Kleiners.

there IS something strange about alyx's eyes!! watch the kleiners_lab video at 5fps and you can see the reflections on her eyes blink back and fourth. really weird....maybe there are blinking lights on your suit?

we,ve got wierd voice tones when she says your name, and blinking lights in the eyes....

Anyone think she might be a fembot.

-Bunkered

Originally posted by Bunkered
we,ve got wierd voice tones when she says your name, and blinking lights in the eyes....

Anyone think she might be a fembot.

-Bunkered
Yea, and when Gordon isn't looking, she pops her tits out and start shooting...then self-destructs!

i dont think the eys have blinking lights. i think the blinking is coming from you.

is that a electric wheel chair to the side of the monitor he nocks over

Originally posted by firerain
is that a electric wheel chair to the side of the monitor he nocks over

It's just a dead scanner. BTW, is it just me, or is there a toilet next to the two blue barrels in the other room?

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Yea, and when Gordon isn't looking, she pops her tits out and start shooting...then self-destructs!

If that were the case everytime I watched the demo movie id be screaming "Turn back turn back you dumb bastard !!!!!"

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
It's just a dead scanner. BTW, is it just me, or is there a toilet next to the two blue barrels in the other room?

no no no

this

7.jpg

what about the wepon change

http://forums.hl2central.net/index.php?showtopic=25&st=15

the gun changes

In Kliener vid Alyx's jacket covers up some of the letters in "Black Mesa" (on her gray shirt) and it only shows "ck me"

lol... though not in order, it goes with the fu in the strider scene.

ya i noticed the weaspon change thing Alex gives Gordan the MP5K i think but he got the MP7 thing after that

Yea, looks like they changed the weapon part-way thru production (or for the movie) but only changed the first-person model

Isn't that a Gauss weapon, from HL1? (under the back-pack on the table just before he knocks over the moniter)

Anyone notice how everything in city17 is in english? I think I also saw a something in imperial scale, not metric. Pretty odd for a city in eastern Europe.

Originally posted by Rilcon
Anyone notice how everything in city17 is in english? I think I also saw a something in imperial scale, not metric. Pretty odd for a city in eastern Europe.

There is something interesting about the two english store signs in the small E3 trailer video:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/e3/0515/halflife2/914642_20030515_screen008.jpg
One of the signs says "J. Hauptman men's sportswear." There is a J. Hauptman's men's clothing store in the lower east side of Manhattan, New York. Go to http://www.thelowereastside.org/shopping.htm and scroll halfway down the page to "men's clothing." The other sign right next to the first says something like "McNess products sold here." The logo is the same as the company listed at http://www.mcness.com/. They are an American company with no overseas business. These two signs seem very strange considering that they are 1) real American businesses and 2) are found in City 17 which is an eastern European-style city. Also in the small trailer video are two hotels: the Terminal Hotel (in Moscow, Russia) and the Hotel Metropol (in various European cities). These contribute to the eastern European flavor of City 17 and contrast with the two signs.

If an easter egg is something strange or out of place, then maybe this counts. It's probably not THE easter egg, but it is something interesting to note.

I just noticed that the J Hauptman sign says "temp texture." So it's not the easter egg.

Ive searched the whole traptdown video for clues and eastereggs and there isnt crap, none of the posters resemble anything, even though im pretty much looking for TF2 stuff...haha. Well here is something interesting, so all you pro's, get to work now!

"We've got another new Half-Life 2 video this afternoon to check out, Tunnels is the title and I havent had a chance to check it out yet but if the rumors are true you can probably expect to see something resembling tunnels in the video. The video is about 100megs and is also of course available via Steam. Thanks AllYourBase for the heads-up."

So ill be watching this video again and again after i get home tonight from seeing BAD BOYS 2...woo!!

Originally posted by Leonidas
There is something interesting about the two english store signs in the small E3 trailer video. One of the signs says something like "J. Hauptman's men's sportswear." There is a J. Hauptman's men's clothing store in the lower east side of Manhattan, New York. Go to http://www.thelowereastside.org/shopping.htm and scroll halfway down the page to "men's clothing." The other sign right next to the first says something like "McNess goods sold here." The logo is the same as the company listed at http://www.mcness.com/. They are an American company with no overseas business. These two signs seem very strange considering that they are 1) real American businesses and 2) are found in City 17 which is an eastern European-style city. Also in the small trailer video are two hotels: the Terminal Hotel (in Moscow, Russia) and the Hotel Metropol (in various European cities). These contribute to the easter European flavor of City 17 and contrast with the two signs.

If an easter egg is something strange or out of place, then maybe this counts. It's probably not THE easter egg, but it is something interesting to note.

Thats kind of far from where I work, but I might take a trip down there tomorrow with my digital camera. It better be worth it :cheese:

LOL

I found it lol.

Attachments

• bog.jpg
    bog.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 612
I noticed something when I was watching the Traptown movie. Maybe I'm tired (4:50 AM), but to me, this looks like a monster or some kind of smiley face.
>>> monster.jpg <<<

Dunno if anybody has showed this..but.....could this be it?

Attachments

• eastereggmayb.jpg
    eastereggmayb.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 555
the guy on the left is a guy with a mustache ...he looks russian

the guy on the right looks like a marine from Natural Selection.....(i play i too much ...I know...)

Thats what I see if those are supposed to be faces....lol

Ok now its just getting plain weird .. faces ?? :|

An easter egg would be something really obvious - not a discoloration in one of the textures.

Like the toilet for example. It think that might actually be it. (PS. Isn't that one of the best modelled toilets you ever saw? :) )

lmao... what are you people smoking. LOL.. You found the most random thing and made it a face. Lol. But you are tired. So i give you credit.

But that wood thing does look like aface, when zoomed at. But before looks like a knot.

Ohh btw. Easter eggs are usualy stuff when the artist puts their signature on a texture and gets it into a hidden room. Or has the makers name. cannot think of correct words. Tired... alot.

The thing at the end of the 600mb e3 video is not really an easter egg. Because it was more obvious. Also, it was planted there for you to find it. and read and try to figure out. Not what i would define as an easter egg. ehhhhhh

I dont see anything there, you guys are imaginning too much. LIke other people said, its usually something obvious, ONCE you find it...

if it is an easter egg, it makes no sense and has nothing to do with hl2.

so i wouldnt consider it an easter egg

Now to make people actually see the faces...

Attachments

• 1faces2_edited.jpg
    1faces2_edited.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 404
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back