easter egg in the movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you look behind the orange koolaid water-cooler thingys at the giant brewery type vat things there are moving reflections on them. now i really dont think it is a reflection of the orange fluids movement because its moving to far back and forth. could this be something? could this be the answer ive been looking for? will this fill the giant viod in my life? ................ ive hit bottom

nm i think its just steam.(in the literal sense)

-hurting real bad

I think the easter egg is when he says "Conditions could hardly be more ideal" because he kind of gives you a funny look right as he says it. He said the same thing in HL1 during the test chamber thing.

Originally posted by kastro
ok.... i dont think this is a scanner....
art_6.jpg

I don't think its the "conditions could hardly be more ideal", that simply reveals his character. Its not an easter egg. (probably)

Screen i took, it shows the scanner on the table and the MP5 (maybe from the first game with nade launcher under the table)

I enhanced the scanner and gun to make it more visible.

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 621
I think he gave us this scavenger hunt just so we would have something to do instead of.. well.. nevermind what I'm doing right now..

it´s been said before but an easter egg is somewhat different to that.

This is not it, we already told Gabe about the end of a E3 video, he knows we found it, so this is not a easter egg.

Hm okay I personally think Infiniti is right, "Conditions could hardly be more ideal" were the last words he heard before he entered the Testchamber in HL1, that's no way a coincidence.

Well but though there are some other funny things in the video, like this here (see attachment), the green face on the poster seems to be a capture of the G-man in the end of the vid (I'll attach that to the next post)...
(And there are some other posters, what are those russian letters for example?)
Well I hope they release that video today over steam, then we should know for sure...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 543
OK here, most of these look pretty much like the poster.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 502
Yeah I heard Kleiner say "Conditions could hardly be more ideal", and I thought Deja Vu!

What about when G-man starts talking in those other languages? Did anyone ever translate those out?

"Screen i took, it shows the scanner on the table and the MP5 (maybe from the first game with nade launcher under the table)"

Thats not an MP 5 with nade launcher.. lol, its an MP 5 K...

P.S. where are all these people downloading the 600 meg movie.. I've yet to find it, plz help!

Originally posted by JamesRay
What about when G-man starts talking in those other languages? Did anyone ever translate those out?
He's only repeating what he said in English. The last thing he said was, "Pay attention Freeman, I'm only going to say this once". The presenter then says, "and he can say it just as easily in any other language". He then proceeds to say the same exact thing in Mandarin Chinese.

Originally posted by Skeeze
"Screen i took, it shows the scanner on the table and the MP5 (maybe from the first game with nade launcher under the table)"

Thats not an MP 5 with nade launcher.. lol, its an MP 5 K...

P.S. where are all these people downloading the 600 meg movie.. I've yet to find it, plz help!
http://www.fileplanet.com

Originally posted by DrEvil
Yeah I heard Kleiner say "Conditions could hardly be more ideal", and I thought Deja Vu!

Hmmm.. do ya think his whatever-it-is-hes-doing is gonna work?
me think not... (and if they really do both say the same thing "Conditions could hardly be more ideal" then surely that is kind of an easter egg? or a hint as to whats gonna happen at least...)

~Frag-Monkey

He was looking for somewhere obvious. And I can't imagine the wait for it is that long anymore.

considering Valve saying we didnt find it yet: we havent cleared out those things at the end yet btw, and i think we need some equipment simply to heck the eyes...no one here who has experience with making avi's or who does something like that for his job...?

maybe its just a picture of an easter egg??? ;)
im gonna go look but im sure its something more obvious since he did say he was surprised we hadn't found it yet.

cant wait for the rest of the movies, maybe its in there and also we can get cracking on those equations at the end :D

Kam

"Conditions could hardly be more ideal" couldnt that mean that the scene is at the beginning of HL2's storyline.

Every blurred thing that passes by you at the very end of the full E3 video is an object. I did a whole lot of, "play, pause, play, pause.." and tried to note down each one. Take a look. I doubt this is an easter egg, but interesting nonetheless.

1 - Barnacle tongues, six in total all appear within about a second. First a blue one on the left and a green one on the right, then a blue one on the left and a blue one on the right, then again a blue one on the left and a blue one on the right.
2 - Some sort of red circle. Looks like a portal or something.
3 - Equation in blue.
4 - G-Man's face in blue. Looks like the new model shown from a right angle.
5 - Two characters in green. One looks to be possibly kneeling down with their head tilted to the right, while the other is standing over the first.
6 - Blue figure standing. Looks like a scientist from HL1, and if not a scientist then G-Man.
7 - Green writing.
8 - Green figure standing. Looks to be possible G-Man.
9 - Blue horse. Looks like the statue from one of the screenshots of City 17.
10 - Red circle again.
11 - Red writing.
12 - Blue equation again.
13 - Green figure. Looks almost like a girl, but not Alyx. This one's pretty spooky looking actually.
14 - G-Man's face in blue again.
15 - Green blob. Looks almost like the splatter mark the Bullsquid's projectiles made in HL1.
16 - Two characters in green again. This one looks almost more developed than the first. Almost like the standing figure has moved slightly.
17 - Green Strider.
18 - Blue figure standing again.
19 - Blue equation again.
20 - Green writing again.
21 - Two characters in green again.
22 - A character in green, as well as the red circle again. These appear almost behind the final G-Man that says, "..just like old times". On the green character you can almost make out a beard at one point. Perhaps it's Gordon.

Originally posted by Nathaniel
hmm... is it just me, or doesn't the thing protruding from the scanner on the table in Kleiners lab look somewhat similar to the orange manipulator gun?

yea i noticed that to i mean. kliener prob made the manilputor out of a scanner but tahts just me

In Kliener vid Alyx's jacket covers up some of the letters in "Black Mesa" (on her gray shirt) and it only shows "ck me"

Wich to a perveted mind will look like the shirt reads something else...hehe

This is def not the easter egg, but still funny , ill throw in a pic anyways (very cropped, and yes i didnt touch it otherwise)

Attachments

• ck_me.jpg
    ck_me.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 539
Originally posted by BWMASTER
"Conditions could hardly be more ideal" couldnt that mean that the scene is at the beginning of HL2's storyline.
This might make sense because Gordon seems to be waking, or kinda out of it, when Alyx says, "Gordon, you're staring at me again." Of course the "again" would indicate that it's not the very beginning, but could be quite close to it.

And I also agree with Chicky, I think Kleiner reverse engineered the manipulator gun out of a scanner. The object kinda looks like half-way between them.

Originally posted by spookymooky
what is it, all i see are two white lines

yea its all dark for some reason i just opend up photoshop and changed the levels

Hilarious, Plopfish. I tried cleaning the shot up, and this is what I got.

Maybe the easter egg is something simple like being able to drive that armored vehicle you see when you exit the buggy during the road scene, or being able to drive that boat you see off in the distance within the same scene.

I think the glint in the G-man's eyes are really the HL2 logo reflection.

well they said something about the eyes...keep on looking there

Yes, it's the eyes.

I think there is definately something going on with Alyx's eyes..

yeh thx DjKanuk for cleaning it up , all i got for photo editing is MSPaint (since my HD got messed up and registry dumped) so I couldnt use PS to clean it ,

##ck Me GOrdon!
Black Mesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back