easter egg in the movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe its not THE horadric cube on Alyx's neck, but it sure looks strange to have a cube as a necklace, I'm sure Ive seen the symbol on that cube before, just cant imagine where or in what context. Can we get at better image of it?

dude, that's not an easter egg. it's how the stencil is. i still think that the "conditions could hardly be more ideal" is the easter egg.

that stencile theory is stupid, specially since it seems to happen 3 times...3 times on a box...dunno probably nothing, but that stenciled theory is stupid imo

How is a stencilled letter an easter egg? Exactly what info does that unlock?
And Sparky? why is Dr. Kleiner's "...ideal" comment the easter egg?

Originally posted by El_Chi
And Sparky? why is Dr. Kleiner's "...ideal" comment the easter egg?

The "Conditions could hardly be more ideal" - comment seems to me to be the only actually possible easter egg so far; it were the last words Gordon heard in HL1 before he entered the testchamber in Black Mesa ("Unforeseen Consequences") right in the beginning of the game. It is definately no coincidence.

Originally posted by lambda^2
The "Conditions could hardly be more ideal" - comment seems to me to be the only actually possible easter egg so far; it were the last words Gordon heard in HL1 before he entered the testchamber in Black Mesa ("Unforeseen Consequences") right in the beginning of the game. It is definately no coincidence.
Not its not. I dont know why everyone thinks that.

I took the liberty of doing this transcript, to lay to rest the "Ideal Conditions" thing, once and for all.

In the Control Room
Scientist 1: Ah Gordon, there you are. We just sent the sample down to the test chamber.
Scientist 2: We've boosted the Anti Mass Spectrometer 105%; bit of a gamble but we need the extra resolution.
Scientist 3: The Administrator is very concerned we get a conclusive analysis of the sample. I gather they went some lengths to get it.
Scientist 4: They're waiting for you Gordon, in the Test Chamber.

Outside the Test Chamber
Scientist 1: I'm afraid we'll be deviating a bit from standard analysis procedures today Gordon.
Scientist 2: Yes, but with good reason. This is a rare opportunity for us; this is the purest sample we've seen yet.
Scientist 1: And, potentionally, the most unstable.
Scientist 2: Now, now, if you follow standard insertion procedures, everything will be fine.
Scientist 1: I don't know how you can say that. Although, I will admit the possiblity of a resonance cascade scenario is extremly unlikely, I remain uncomfortable with the...
Scientist 2: Gordon doesn't need to hear all this; he's a highly trained professional. We've assured the Administrator that nothing will go wrong.
Scientist 1: Ahh, yes. You're right. Gordon we have complete confidence in you.
Scientist 2: Well, go ahead, let's let him in now.

Nothing is mentioned about ideal conditions. In fact, they are far from ideal.

umm in the Kleiner video they have i think 3 tubes that have orange liquid in them. These tubes could possibly have kept kleiner barney and gordon frozen until now??? and theres a valve next to these tubes :)

Did u ever think maybe VALVE is trying to drive us insane by leading us on a wild goose chase?

well, i was actually pretty surprised on what people found in those movies... there are really LOTS of things i didn't notice. but someone would always say "that's not an easter egg", so now it looks kinda like a wild goose chase to me! :x

Originally posted by Feath
I took the liberty of doing this transcript, to lay to rest the "Ideal Conditions" thing, once and for all.

I know I've heard "Conditions could hardly be more ideal" somewhere in the game. Just a case of where...

Originally posted by Abom|nation
I know I've heard "Conditions could hardly be more ideal" somewhere in the game. Just a case of where...

After searching through the PAK files for Half Life and Opposing Force, I can't find anything. But I could've missed it.

Although, It does sound familar, maybe it's just the voice.

Thing I like, is the fact that he hasnt changed from his lab coat, he must of had that since Black Mesa lol. Not really an easter egg, but a (in my personal opinion) funny thing anyway.

Certainly a interesting topic. I havn't allowed myself to view ANY of the HL2 videos. I want the game to hit me all at once. However, I do have a extensive collection of screenshots.

Isn't that something about the aliens living on earth? "The conditions could hardly be more ideal." That sounds soo walter. Maybe Blue shift?

same here, but i unistalled HL about a week ago....maybe its time for it to come back

and i'm sure it was when Gordon was about to press the button (well in that area at least)

Originally posted by Murray_H
same here, but i unistalled HL about a week ago....maybe its time for it to come back

and i'm sure it was when Gordon was about to press the button (well in that area at least)

I just played that bit, it's not there :/ It's got to be somewhere though.

I just played that bit, it's not there :/ It's got to be somewhere though.

Maybe it's from a from another game or a movie because it doesn't seem to be in the PAK files.

Originally posted by Feath
Maybe it's from a from another game or a movie because it doesn't seem to be in the PAK files.

Nope, I'm absolutely positive Kleiner's said that somewhere in the game.

could someone list all the eggs we have found so far so we dont post one thats been found already??

I just read this entire thread. You all owe me 2 hours of my life back.

The search option doesnt work and i'm new so I dont know if this has come across yet, but there's obviously something wrong here:

1055663920_0.jpg

Nobody seems to understand whats wrong with the shadows on this one.

Here they are allright.

22.jpg

AlCapucci said:
The search option doesnt work and i'm new so I dont know if this has come across yet, but there's obviously something wrong here:

1055663920_0.jpg

Nobody seems to understand whats wrong with the shadows on this one.

Here they are allright.

22.jpg

the shadows responding differently. it seems to be a problem with the engine. but odd nentheless. Also in regards to the the whole pupil expanding due to darkness you have to remember, although the source engine is very powerful. developers may have scrapped that aspect of character realism. I know they have it in MOH: PA, which runs off the same engine.

How many pages down did you dig to find this thread? BRILLIANT MY BOY.

Omg!! R.I.P this thread. Talk about digging up the dead....lockage...

Is there really an easter egg? What the hell could it be if we haven't found it yet? It can't be too stunning..

Running joke with valve - hence there was never anything there - just somehing to make the obsessed ... obsess :thumbs:

It's even joked at by the team on 'the whiteboard'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back