Enormous fish-like creature

VirusType2

Reaction score
Ok, you know the part after you get into the teleporter, and you are being teleported but there is a malfunction and it shows you underwater and an Enormous fish-like creature is about to swallow you.

What is that? just something they felt like adding cuz it looks cool or is there some background on it?

Apocalypse89 said:
Icthysaur(sp?). In HL1 that thing owned you.
Speak for yourself. I was very good at avoiding them :D.
If you spawn one and go up to its mouth it will attack and kill you!

Edit: There is a dinosaur called icthyosaurous or something!

Can you kill it if you spawn a crossbow and have it when you go in the teleporter? :O

Not quite the terrestrial variety though...

The trouble with the ichthyosaur in HL2 is it doesn't do anything. Just sits in one spot and munches you if you come close.

NJspeed said:
Can you kill it if you spawn a crossbow and have it when you go in the teleporter? :O
You can't do anything in the sequence when you are underwater, it's totally scripted.

Unless you cheat and get the crossbow or just do it through Gmod.

Yeah, the lack of undewater environments tainted my gaming enjoyment

Considering that the coast is infested with leeches, it doesn't leave too many places to go swimming.

ichythsaur used to scare the crap outta me.

NJspeed said:
OFF TOPIC: hey bro! NJspeed I noticed you have an eclipse. looks like a 96 GS-T auto with rims. I've got a 95 GS-T. I upgraded all kinds of shit. I'm going to get this phat body kit next month. I've still got the stock turbo but everything is tweaked. I've got a TurboXS boost control @ 16.5 PSI It's really damn fast man, I did stage II weight reduction, exhuast etc, I might make an avatar to show you, since I haven't figured out how to post pics yet. lol

I just assumed since that is your avatar that you would even care
lol

Underwater in most games seem to suck ass and be quite shitty in general... even with the beautiful waters of hl2.

I can't stand the water.Because the Aux chart is bouncing up and down on my screen like a jack rusell fuking terrior !

rofl, dude, rofl
btw the only water i remember (besides the coast/ water hazard) was when u go save barney from the snipers, and that scared the shit out of me caz the zombies be poppin out of there like wacka mole and attacing u

The ocean in hl2 looks like squares really crappy, but the lakes etc are great except where they meet the edge of the lake.

the Ichthyosaurs in hl1 were annoying, that part in which you have to open the drain pipe far enough with the Ichthyosaur in the water was harrowing. I couldn't hit the damn thing with any weapons so I just hoped I wouldn't get crunched as I opened the pipe :(

I got crunched 80% of the time :rolling:

MarcoPollo said:
rofl, dude, rofl
btw the only water i remember (besides the coast/ water hazard) was when u go save barney from the snipers, and that scared the shit out of me caz the zombies be poppin out of there like wacka mole and attacing u

You should let the sniper do his job :p

Man, those Ichthyosaurs were f***in' BAD ASS! I mean come on!The only thing is i spawned one but it was stiff and when u get near it it just bites the shit out of u.............But it is pretty frickin sweet.

Its not Ichtyosaurus - complete name of this creature is Xenotherus Ichtycanthus. Poster in Hydrofauna laboratory in Opposing Force. Do you like screen?

Polaris said:
Its not Ichtyosaurus - complete name of this creature is Xenotherus Ichtycanthus. Poster in Hydrofauna laboratory in Opposing Force. Do you like screen?
Who cares?

*Raises his hand meekly* Me?

It's to differentiate betweeen HL2's ones, and the real ones that existed millions of years back.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
*Raises his hand meekly* Me?

It's to differentiate betweeen HL2's ones, and the real ones that existed millions of years back.

-Angry Lawyer
Thanks, Angry Lawyer. Real Ichtyosaurus (prehistoric) look very different!

I care, I care. Damnit, I care about it all. I wan't all the silly latin variants of the monster names.

I hate water levels in ALL games. They just scare me.

Everytime I landed in water in HL2 I was like "A-A-AHHHH, GET ME OUTTA HERE!!"
I just closed my eyes and held the space bar.

Ecco the Dolphin was a horrifying game. Every single Ecco game was scary.

Don't even get me started on Mario 64's Jolly roger bay.

Praise the land. Pet the land. Love the land.

Jrgsubzero said:
Ecco the Dolphin was a horrifying game. Every single Ecco game was scary.

That game scared me senseless, those damn jellyfish and then all the sudden this bastard shark or killer whale is chomping your face off, I swear it took me years to get into the ocean after that damn game, if i dolphin can escape a shark how the hell could i!

Haha, you could fight sharks.

Imagine that. A DOLPHIN...

yeh, just an underwater frenzied thing, pretty sweet. i went to valve a couple days ago and they said they wanted it more in hl2, but didnt have time to finish AI programming. i saw a lot of cool stuff they couldnt add cause of AI. like the hydra, too. tsk.

Sieg said:
I can't stand the water.Because the Aux chart is bouncing up and down on my screen like a jack rusell fuking terrior !

Way to rip off of a priceless mac-bashing video, jackass.

I'm surprised they bothered to make a model of the thing for that one tiny scripted sequence and not put it in the game somewhere else.

The iytvheosour scared me silly in Hl1 i remeber being in the cage and it began circiling the cage...and this was with cheays on!

Back