entangled in entanglement

P

pikeman

I need some tactical advice because I'm getting shot to bits repeatedly. I set up the sentry guns, and have tried a number of differant combos; 3 in one hallway, 2 in one, 1 in another, differant directions, to no avail. I've even tried to build some obstacles using boxes, table, and file cabinets on the other side of the bars before I go up the stairs and jump into the fight.
Problem is that when I go to reset the guns I wind up getting shot to pieces, if I don't, then I'm rushed, cornered and then shot to bits.
FWIW, it seems like the "left" side, the one with the high ambush point, is the worst place since you take fire high and low at the same time. I've worked the hallway with the extra ammo trunk too, and hid out in the little side rooms as well. They just keep swarming me. I've only got 3 rifle grenades and 2 loose grenades, even collecting the one from the dead combine I fight as soon as I enter from the adjoining room, and grab it with the gravity gun.
Thanks!

Set them up, stick them back in their cabinets facing outwards, leaving one of the middle ones empty. Get in the empty one and crouch. :D

KagePrototype said:
Set them up, stick them back in their cabinets facing outwards, leaving one of the middle ones empty. Get in the empty one and crouch. :D

this one works like a charm... :D

I create a box tower up to one of the balconies and put the turrets there. :D

what about time?

I got you, but you got about 15 seconds before all hell breaks loose, and isn't the clock running as soon as you cross into the room with the sentry guns?

pikeman said:
I got you, but you got about 15 seconds before all hell breaks loose, and isn't the clock running as soon as you cross into the room with the sentry guns?

They don't start coming in until you pick up the last sentry gun. It's pretty easy to do before they show up. :)

The clock starts when you take the last sentry gun out AFAIK.

EDIT: Beaten :(

Build the tower to the side balcony like The Thing said, you can use the crates to make a 1-2-3 step thing (although I'm missing one when I replay it now but just use a barrel instead), take 2 turrets up to the balcony and set them up, then get the third one and jump up the stack while facing up to avoid knocking the turret on boxes, put it at the balcony and hide letting the turrets kill the combine. Just keep the gravity gun handy for manhacks / grenades (although grenades seem to always fall short of the balcony... strange) and if the turrets get knocked over.

You can also try setting up the turrets in one of those side rooms and then crouching with the shotgun or whatever in a corner or in the middle. The only flaw with this is grenades. Manhacks aren't that hard to take out with the gravity gun. That's how I did it, but now that I think about it, the idea of sitting the middle sentry turret cabinet sounds like it'd work amazingly well. Good luck!

I just set one up pointing towards one entrance, one towards the other and one pointing out of that hallway and into the health room. It worked fine, and I was on hard difficulty.

you can also take a turret with you from your earlier encounter, I do it all the time, 4 turrets is better than 3, its fun trying to take it with you too, and it kills enemy's on the way if you hold it out infront.

then you have one turret for every entrance. :) placing them in corners close to the walls helps them stay up longer, then just be aggressive and hold them back, and let the turrets back you up, not the other way round.

Back