Episode One Teaser #3

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Just released was the third teaser trailer of Valve’s first episodic game title based on the popular Half-Life franchise, Half-Life 2: Episode One. As we’ve seen in the previous teasers, Alyx is once again struttin’ her stuff as she unloads on a few combine who are in the wrong place at the right time - Followed with the caption “Alyx. She doesn‘t have a crowbar, but she‘s got your back.” Click on the banner below to download the teaser onto your Steam’s “My Media” browser.[br]As you all are well aware, Episode One is set to be released world-wide this June 1st. Pre-Order the game through Steam before the 1st and receive a 10% discount. As you wait impatiently for the games encrypted files to unlock on your harddrive, Games Radar and Game Informer have some new screenshots & first-impressions of Episode One as well as extensive interviews with the Valve development team behind the game.[br]UPDATE: Gamespot also has put their preview online today. Thanks to jogijig from the Steampowered forums for the heads-up!

Word up, I'm excited about its release... any word on what time it will be out

Edit: Nice, it'll be out at 1:00PM for me

Well I guess we know for a fact that the Citadel is still standing. It also looks like we will get the "snow" everyone wanted. The HDR looks kinda cool, but "soft". Also, Valve needs to stop with the cheesy quotes!

D€vIL² said:
Word up, I'm excited about its release... any word on what time it will be out?

I've made a nice thread at the Steampowered.com forums on specific time releases. Check it out here.

"she dosent have a crow bar but she has your back"

who the **** came up with that shit needs to get fired. i dont give a **** if its gabe himself. thats just ****ing stupid.

I like the quotes. They've got a tongue in cheek feel about them.

Watching someone's back means looking out for them.

Feath said:
I like the quotes. They've got a tongue in cheek feel about them.

Same.

It's a nice change from the norm.

Actually I changed my mind and agree with the tounge in cheek statement. I dunno, maybe I'm just so used to corny lines coming from video games.

Woo. Finally.

On other news: Episode One is a day and 14 hours away.

oMeSSiaHo said:
Actually I changed my mind and agree with the tounge in cheek statement. I dunno, maybe I'm just so used to corny lines coming from video games.

Uh...

-smash- said:
I've made a nice thread at the Steampowered.com forums on specific time releases. Check it out here.
We are GMT -4 here. So by 2PM for us in EDT. ... Ugh. Long wait. :x

Mine's at 2am. That's really annoying especially when you don't get to use the computer.

-smash- said:

There is an error there. If Valve is releasing EP1 @ 10:00am PST that means its coming out 1pm east. Now 2pm

Difference between -4 GMT and and -7 GMT which is Valves time (Not -8) is 3 hours

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/washington-state/seattle/index.htm = Valves time

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/new-york/index.htm = My time

= EP1 comes out 1PM Not 2. You have all the times 1 hour ahead.

Raziel-Jcd said:
There is an error there. If Valve is releasing EP1 @ 10:00am PST that means its coming out 1pm east. Now 2pm

Difference between -4 GMT and and -7 GMT which is Valves time (Not -8) is 3 hours

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/washington-state/seattle/index.htm = Valves time

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/new-york/index.htm = My time

= EP1 comes out 1PM Not 2. You have all the times 1 hour ahead.

Whoa... That's weird - Since when is PDT -7 and not -8?

Mmm, all the maps in that post say -8?

Valve's time is PDT, isn't it? They provided a link for DoD: S to let people know what time it would be released, and there it showed that Valve's time is -8.

Lol. Dunno its always been like that for as far as i know.

bigburpco said:
Valve's time is PDT, isn't it? They provided a link for DoD: S to let people know what time it would be released, and there it showed that Valve's time is -8.

Iv played all release games the sec they came out and its ALWAYS been 3 hours ahead of Valve time. For Half-Life 2 the game came out @ 3 am. 3 hours ahead of Valves time. Not 4 hours. Its always been this way, always 3 hours ahead.

Very interesting there, Raziel-Jcd. I was going by that WorldTimeZones.com and it showed this;

Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC - 05:00 hour
Daylight Saving Time: DST in use +1 hour
Current Time Zone offset: GMT/UTC - 4:00

Also, it's listed at the bottom of this site;