Equiping Guns

Meyer

Reaction score
ok this must be the stupidest question ever... but how do I give my little Gordon Freeman a gun...? It's not for CS but HL2...

Make an entity, press left alt+enter with it selected to bring up its properties and change it to a weapon_******* and that's it,

P.S. I believe for some people there's a bug where the half life 2 FGD isn't automatically loaded, so if you can't seem to find the weapons then go to Tools/Options at the top of hammer and on the game data section get rid of whatever is there and click add then select half life 2.fgd

-J

ok that helped partially... I can actually add the weapons in the editor now but when I load the map they're not there... I did forget to mention that I started my own mod... does that chane anything?

Make sure the weapons aren't touching the ground. I had that problem with the HEV suit, it just fell out of the level. Unless your trying to place the manipulator, in which case you have to place weapon_physcannon and not weapon_physgun.

Well I have the halflife2.fgd but I can only put the shotgun in... and even then, when I test the map I get the CS: S shotgun and when I die the player model is a terrorist... even though my spawn is info_player_start

I have the same problem here. I'm using the hl2.fgd (in a MP mod project) yet i'm spawning with a mp5 with 30 bullets+1, a shotgun and 1 grenade (CS:S weapons), and I cant pick up any ammo/weapons from ground at all. Most of the weapons/ammo/models does not show up ingame. 50% of the time i spawn with no weapon and no hud at all.

any1 know this? I'm certain my objects does not overlay other brushes. Have not tried the override function yet tho (read somewhere that it could help with invisible objects), but starting with mp5 and shotgun tells me something is wrong.

that's what I want to know too... I don't want to start with the CS configuration or whatever the hell it is... I want HL2... whenever I put in HL2 weapons or whatever they won't show up ingame...

Back