Error Loading my map

Meyer

Reaction score
I get this error in the console when I try to load my map...

Game .dll loaded for "CounterStrike"
CSoundEmitterSystem: Registered 69 sounds
CResponseSystem: scripts/talker/response_rules.txt (217 rules, 214 criteria, and 208 responses)
Heap: 64.00 Mb
Sound Initialization
DS:headphone configuration detected
Set primary sound buffer format: yes
Using secondary sound buffer
2 channel(s)
16 bits/sample
44100 samples/sec
DirectSound initialized
Sound sampling rate: 44100
Parsed 23 text messages
Hud element 'CHudGameMessage' doesn't have an entry 'HudGameMessage' in scripts/HudLayout.res
Hud element 'CHudVoiceStatus' doesn't have an entry 'HudVoiceStatus' in scripts/HudLayout.res
Hud element 'CHudVoiceSelfStatus' doesn't have an entry 'HudVoiceSelfStatus' in scripts/HudLayout.res
execing config.cfg
cc_lang = current ui language
1 CPU, Frequency: 5.9 Ghz, Features: AuthenticAMD SSE MMX 3DNow RDTSC CMOV FCMOV
execing valve.rc
Network: IP 10.0.0.152, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Spawn Server da_militaryinstallation
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
Host_EndGame: Map coordinate extents are too large!!
Check for errors!

Oh and another thing... why does my map keep getting loaded for Counter Strike?... I changed the .fgd to the HL2 one but still it does this...

sry for bumping my topic but... I am really at a loss... I thought I fixed it because there was an entity outside my map but after I deleted it the map still wouldn't load... I redid my skybox, I deleted a couple of entities and brushed but it just... won't work...

Part of your map is outside the coordinate limits. Check it in Hammer, you'll see that part of your map is "off the grid". Just move it back into the grid and recompile.

no that wasn't it... well it was at first but I changed it and it still didn't work... but I figured out what it was now... I had a door that was supposed to look like it was blown up... I used the vertex tool to have it bent and stuff but for some reason that caused the error because when I deleted the door the map loaded normaly.

Oh but... could anyone tell me how to play this map for regular HL instead of counterstrike? or is that standard when making you own mod from scratch or something?

Okay, first, your error was probably caused by a vertex coordinate containing decimals. If you select two vertices that are uneven and then move them, it can cause one of the vertices to end up "between points" in which case the game can't properly read the map. I think that's the problem, anyway...

To play this for HL1, you could try opening the .vmf file in Hammer 3.x, and if that doesn't work, try copying all the brushes in your map, closing HL2 Hammer, opening the old Hammer, and pasting your brushes there.

Barring that, I have no idea :)

I'm sorry I was unclear about the HL part... with regular I meant HL2 but... yea.. well... my bad :)

Heap: 64.00 Mb <--- increase that.

wont fix the map outside boundries thing, but it'll make things play smoother.

Back