Eternal Silence 2 UPDATE (Finaly)

Oh wow, I was wondering about them.
Hope they're doing all right.

Don't worry we are doing awesome!! :) *cough* playtests with valve *cough*

Iced_Eagle said:
Don't worry we are doing awesome!! :) *cough* playtests with valve *cough*
lol
Seems Dystopia has started something. Apparently they learned alot from VALVe and help out their development quite a bit.

Hope it helps the ES2 team just as much.

Hehe we didn't go to their offices to playtest like the Dystopia guys did. We were just wanting some external feedback from them (which is greatly improving our interface!) so we just did it over the internet. It did indeed help us a lot to make it more "noob" friendly.

Dystopia wasn't the first guys to do it though :p I think HL2CTF did it first (and I can guarantee people did it with HL1 mods)

To ask an odd question - how exactly does one get Valve to help playtest? Do you just ask them? Or do they see your site and say "ooh!" and ask you?

Conquest: City 17's almost at a playable point, and I have a need to crush a Valve member in my RTS.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
To ask an odd question - how exactly does one get Valve to help playtest? Do you just ask them? Or do they see your site and say "ooh!" and ask you?

Conquest: City 17's almost at a playable point, and I have a need to crush a Valve member in my RTS.

-Angry Lawyer

Just e-mail them. Since the inception of CWMP, I've had lots of e-mail conversations with Greg, Gabe, Rick, and Yahn. (mainly asking questions and whatnot). Just e-mail them and say "hey my mod is pretty far along in it's playable state, and I was wondering if ya'll would mind playing a few rounds with me and give me a few critiques"

or something to that effect.

Really? It's that simple? Man, I hope they like RTS games!

-Angry Lawyer

Yes it's really that simple :) lol

They are in crunch mode with sooo much stuff going on however, so right now might not be the best time for them.

Cool, because currently my mod's a bit of an ugly mess, so I don't want them keep pointing that out.

Transcript:

Gabe: Man, this is an ugly map. You thought about making it prettier?

Lawyer: Yeah, it's a placeholder.

Laidlaw: Damnit, you really uglified those Combine Guards. That's not how I envisioned them when I wrote a synopsis for them.

Lawyer: Placeholders, too.

Yahn: Christ, did you record those sound effects yourself? Because it sounds like
crap. They're ravaging my ears!

Lawyer: Placeholders.

Greg: Damnit, Lawyer, what the hell is up with the interface?

Lawyer: PLACEHOLDERS!!

*coughs*. Anyways, let's return the spotlight to Eternal Silence. Yeah, it's one of those mods that I'll put money on to become a community favourite.

-Angry Lawyer

Well if you think your mod is an ugly mess, fix it and after you are happy with it show it to them. There is no rush to show it to VALVe :) We went through 5 complete builds (with multiple patches on each build) before we were ready to get their professional opinion. We are working again on creating another build, with their feedback in mind. :)

Back