Eyes are off again

Reaction score
ugh the eyes on the G-Man are waaay off in the video. Pretty distracting. I didnt know he was a chameleon.

Attachments

• Gman.JPG
    Gman.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 519
i love the characters they are perfect :) man this is abit nit picky isn't it come on

I see what you mean now, but it still think its sad how people are actually skimming through the videos looking for glitches. Ether that, or you all have the best eyes ever for being able to spot stuff like this.

They look fine to me...

Do you mean the eyes aren't looking straight at the camera, or that they just aren't aligned properly?

the one to our right looks right on, but the left one... what is it looking at lol. I know it is nitpicky, but it bothered me when i first saw it. it should look more like the first movie with the gman

for a start , its filmed on a handcam , and is not aligned perfectly with the screen, and secondly, have u nothing better to do but notice crap like that!

Don't tease the G-Man with him being crosseyed. He already had so many drawbacks in his life, he lisps, aliens invaded his base and his uncle liked him a bit too much in his youth ;(

But really, I don't see the problem, I had to look really closely to notice.

Please trust me on this one:

The human face and eyes isn't perfect..
There are barely any persons who's eyes don't skew at all, I thought that added alot of realism with his eyes going like that, although you have to think of the way the cameras angle and the direction of his face..

Study some photos of human faces, watch the faces of your friends/family and you'll see what I mean :)

"Eyes are off" ? It's when the eyes are perfectly parallell and aligned with eachother I think they're off.

i sure hope thats why. Maybe having a shaky cam screws up the whole eyes issue. we will just have to wait for the inevitable binks :E

its somthing like 4 degrees, or .4 degrees or somthing

At the very end of his first speech it's a lot more noticable. I assumed it was intentional, it makes him look crazy... given the way he speaks and the things he says, I don't think Valve is trying to make him look 'normal' at all.
:rolling:

it almost looks like the camera is too close and they told the gman to focus on something else im not sure

Triggerhappy41 said:
it almost looks like the camera is too close and they told the gman to focus on something else im not sure

Exactly, hahaha. Or he had too many Quaaludes. I think the camera IS too close when it zooms in, if he kept looking at it all the time he'd be completely cross-eyed.

hell maybe it was intentional to give him a bit of a non-human look...

who is he?...heh heh heh not what you think heh heh heh

Man, the G-Man looks so fecking awesome. His face and his voice and slightly wandering eye= one of the coolest characters ever in a video game.

Ya, he has the potential to become a really scary guy.

yeah the eyes are totally off man! Did you also notice that one of his hairs is out of place, it's 0.001micrometre to the left, when in reality it should be 0.002millimetres to the right lol, what is up with that :naughty:

Ill say this only once as i speak for the majority here more then likely.

BE GREATFUL you CAN NITPICK over the direction of the eyes! or would you rather go back to the flat facial models with eyes painted onto the skin!

Jesus if you want uber realism go watch Toy Story or summit else CG. this is real time high end graphics fellas we aint no where near real life yet but this is a bloody good attempt.

not to mention its Alpha code?(confirm someone please) its not even been checked for glitches yet only major show stoppers have been removed.

rant over

hmm, I am sure this was is nothing too major. It will most likely be fixed.

(I'm back)

yes it is alpha stage currently, unless they hit beta right before e3 (which was what they were planning to do). I think they either added the eye for effect or it was a glitch because of the shaky cam. this is a little compare i set up. the left pic is from e3 2003. The right is e3 2004.

lol he looks bong eyed! LMAO he can look left and right at the same time

Lobster said:
its somthing like 4 degrees, or .4 degrees or somthing
i think the eye that is off is your weak eye, most often the eye you dont use to aim a gun down sight. so if your right handed your weak eye is your left eye and vice versa. also if you pay attention you can hear the G-Man stutter a little, also his tone of vioce in some instances is off key. almost like he sounds like a robot.

I wasn't really paying attention to what the G-man was looking at, but how good the texturing was on the G-man. Atleast the characters in HL2 actually have "movable" eyes.

Triggerhappy41 said:
ugh the eyes on the G-Man are waaay off in the video. Pretty distracting. I didnt know he was a chameleon.
I think it's intentional. It's kind of a lazy eye or some such. The other characters seem to have no problem looking straight at you, so I imagine it was a deliberate design choice for the G-Man character.

Gman is an alien or something is he not? Thats why he stutters and whatnot, and maybe thats why they decided to give him an off eye? I couldn't even noticein the video though. All the other characters flow perfectly, so it makes me think this is deliberate.

I actually don't ever remember Gman being introduced or revealed as an alien, however its sort of implied though isn't it.

I hate the way gman talks.. its like a friggin slide show..for a voice...

Why oh why are we still nitpicking over the G-Man's personal features? Do you find his "off" eye attractive?

It could be the lights in each eye that throw off the effect of where he is looking.
The light in the left eye is farther from the pupil than the right eye's.

Or maybe he just isn't looking at you. :-p

someone brought this up in the info from valve thread, with a screen showing the eyes looking over the shoulder of the person in front of the computer.

That was a while ago, long before e3 2004

yea i remember that. I think that was because of the shaky cam factor, or the fact that it was in a model viewer or something.

Anyone else noticed that G's eyes aren't on the same level?

Don't get me wrong. I love it. Makes him look more... real...

Back