f10 spammers are assholes

Art_Crime

Reaction score
I've been playing the CSS beta for a while now, and I'd like to take a moment to snipe a bit about a now common practice on CSS servers. The subject?

f10 SPAMMING

In case you didn't know, f10 spamming is the art of telling one whose is currently playing CSS that f10 will:

Let you nade spam
Let you mute people
Give you money and/or nades
Give you a speed hack
Let you access the full version
Bring up console

And many, many others.

What it really does is quit you out of you current game.

What does one sink to such a level? Several reasons come to mind, most notably being malicious, but taking your spot in the current game is a common one as well.

Please, direct all hate towards these people here.

The best one is hey my bug reporting tool doesnt work, could someone press f10 and report the Pink mac 10 (or whatevers hot)

But i dont do that

Art_Crime said:
Let you nade spam
Give you money and/or nades
Give you a speed hack
Let you access the full version
People who press f10 for those reasons deserves to be kicked out.

Haha yeah i've seen that alot on Australian servers, it's funny when the person who f10's is an arsehole, i never fell victim to it :p

What's the big deal? If you're not an idiot its a one-time prank.

people who arent smart enough to know what all the buttons on their keyboard do in the game deserve to be fooled by people telling them to press f10

my f10 buys me a desert eagle and ammo. the only button on my keyboard thats not remapped from default is f5 screenshot. oh and the ammo buttons and buy.

Come on guys,.. enough with the bullshit,.

everybody knows F10 activates the built in aimbot.

(lighten up, Art_Crime,. its funny,. and it only takes one time to figure it out. It not like someone is ever going to fool you again,.. right?)

I love when someone asks how do you see your fps then someone answers f10 then all of the sudden 3 people (user disconnect)

I laugh my ass of when that happens. I hope the person who wrote this doesn't commit suicide. He sounds like he needs some helping dealing with his anger and frustration.

Relax bro grow a sense of humor. They don't call them public servers for nothing. Go buy a server and admin it 24/7 or just type
unbind f10

Another good one is when someone ask for commands tell them to type unbind all

lol

so what? its semi-harmless fun. Besides, you have tobe really nooby to fully belive all the stuff they say

Ahaha, I remember when I discovered this, some guy said you could still pause the server by jumping and pressing f10, haha.

So fun doing that, we got like 15 people to disconnect all in a row.

HAHAHA, I thought you were complaining about a bug!!!

This is obvious. Is it just F10 to quit, or do you still have to do ALT-F10?

lol
i would have fallen for this if i hadnt unbinded it before ppl started sayin that crap. i rekon CS has become way too noob friendly, steam does EVERYTHING for you. a certain amount of manual patching of HL and cs (1.5 and previous) was good for filtering out the mega noobs who had to get their friends to do it for them. (mainly little kiddies)

no beef with F10 pranks here.

Llyranor said:
People who press f10 for those reasons deserves to be kicked out.

Yup. This is one of the few lame tactics that in some cases can benefit the game. Who wants to play with people that:

A. Would actually want speed hacks and that other shit, and

B. Be retarded enough to actually think cheats and full version is accessible with the press of a button?

This reminds me of pressing Alt + F4 to "speed up map downloads" back when I played Starcraft. Those were the days.

Sorta like the "gg money" or "unbind all" commands in CS and other games, I only fell for the first one though. :D

dude the f10 pranks are some of the funniest things ever! i love them! i remember when i first got f10'd they said it opens a debug menu.. lol i got worked

-merc

Yeah, I'm sorry but you have to laugh at this stuff:D

It's so satisfying when some whining little kid; who's getting really annoying over the mic, gets caught out with a really obvious f10 gag

Keep up the good work:
spam f10 to take away the tedium of de_dust :cheers:

[EDIT]- and if you don't like people having a laugh at your expense- then for christs sake don't ask for help ingame! (or on irc for that matter :p )

f|uke said:
Come on guys,.. enough with the bullshit,.

everybody knows F10 activates the built in aimbot.

(lighten up, Art_Crime,. its funny,. and it only takes one time to figure it out. It not like someone is ever going to fool you again,.. right?)

Never was caught by it mate, I did fall to it a while ago in Battle.net. (Diablo II)

I still cry for my rings of jordan...

I love spamming F10
It is funny to see how many people disconnect. Sure, I fail for it.
everyone did. you had to test it out to see what it did. So, therefore everyone that plays CSS has Hit F10 once or more.
I will still try to spam servers with it just to see if any idiot presses it. I love seeing people with user disconnect within 5 seconds of me posting
"To enter the drawing for a new P4 processor, hit F10"
Well, something like that.

Oh, and by the way people, this was meant to be a mostly humorous post.

It would take pathetic to a whole new level if I had real serious "issues" with f10 spamming. :)

wow, I still remember when I owned my own server and for some reason peoples attact1 was binded to kill. hahaha. or "w" was kill.hahahahz

i hate how some servers are like "BAN ON F10 JOKES" those people are so uptight and gay about CS

-merc

Yeah it was fun in the beginning but now it's just old, besides everyone knows what it does. Yesterday, this idiot spent over thirty minutes trying to convince another guy to press F10, ridiculous... :LOL:

It happens alot in SOF2:

"Yeah, if you goto the console and type 'Bind Mouse1 Kill' you will kill anyone instantly"

Or "Type Disco into the console for some really nice effects' (disco in SOF2 crashes the game)

Once you get wise, after like 10 seconds they're easy to dismiss, still funny to watch someone keep doing it and coming back saying it doesn't work.

This reminds me of pressing Alt + F4 to "speed up map downloads" back when I played Starcraft. Those were the days.
Can you believe that noobs STILL fall for that? LoL.
Sc owns.

If people complained that they didn't hit anyone back in cs 1.6 I just told them to bind the "kill" command to mouse1. That was always funny. Especially with those that never figured out that I had tricked them. They just died every round, without getting hit :) Maybe they thought I was serious since I was the admin of the server.

Haha! I want to go tell people to "bind mouse1 kill"... Is that right?

Anyway, F10 spamming is fine. Like practically everyone is saying, you only get caught if you are a noob, and it'll only happen once unless you are incredibly Dull.

Besides, my F10 trick is:
"Hit F10 to tell all those annoying F10 spammers to shut up!"
:p

i agree.. it is out of order, and i doubt it will stop. but hey.. maybe one day people wont hack either... but i doubt it :sniper:

Well Scully, until VALVe make a decent Anti-cheat system (Or borrow someone elses that actually works), then Hacking will never stop. So many noobs playing CS, it's scary.

So you are mad because you were ill minded enough to fall for a simple practical stunt? While your at it open up cmd.exe and type format C:, y. :LOL:

What's even better than the F10 trick is to get someone to unbindall in the console :LOL:

omg who gives a ****

reminds me of the good ols days of 'gg money'

Dekstar:

bind mouse1 kill

I think that was the bind I always gave to people who had problems with their aim :) It didn't help them though.

hehe yeah. I was just asking if that was the command

I tried telling some people on the resident B33f servers, but noone fell for it :(.

Back to fragging all :D

This is like Joint Operations-

"Hey, how do you change sides?"
"Ctrl + r"
<dies>

"Hey, how do you use grenades?"
"Ctrl + r"
<dies>

"Hey, what's the best tactic to use for destroying vehicles?"
"Ctrl + r"
"OK... wait a minute, OY!"

Back