Fallout 3 coming back

Don't like turn-based RPGs.

Maybe this is a good thing for the rest fo u guys that do. But for me, it jsut means better industry ( a legend returns, lots of investment...) so I'm OK

HOLY SHIT! This real!? Can't belive this! Almost too good to be true!

No it won't

/me waves his hand infront of badger.

YEEEESSSSS oh how i love the holy fallout.. and baulders gate is getting me exited too! ooooohhhh, im shaking with anticipation for some more nucular wasteland brawling!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/news_6093628.html

There's that Gamespot article as well.

I don't know, it's possible that Interplay might be selling the rights to a developer with the stipulation that they are the publisher in order to raise a bit of cash to help their deficit. I wouldn't be suprised if they amount they sell the rights for is quite a hefty some of money.

Looks like a survival attempt from Interplay to be honost.

Caen also said that development of the sequel would be handled by an external studio.
I don't know much about the legal issues involved but this will probably make the game much less likely to be cancelled in relation to Interplay's problems.

I believe fallout 3 will be made, but the thing most fans are worried about is who is going to make it. Hopefully Troika or Obsidian(they're doing KOTO2 as well).

Conversation between Interplay execs and investors.

Execs: This quarter we blah, blah, blah, blah, blah .... canceled Fallout 3 ... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah .... Any questions?

Investors (in unison): Yeah, why the *bleeeep* did you cancel Fallout 3?

Execs: ...... uhhh..... we didnt. Yeah. See, we were just joking. *leans to junior exec, wispers* get someone on this pronto!

The Fallout series really opened my eyes to the wider world of RPGs after being exposed to basically Final Fantasy for the first half of my life. Here's to hoping...

if anything people, if you guys really want somewhat of a fallout sequeal that actually has decent people working on it, i suggest checking out "the fall: the last days of gaia."
it's a game by silver style with some help from ex-bioware employees, it's practically the sequeal for fallout that was never developed by brian fargo lol

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thefalllastdaysofgaia/index.html

No, the fall is just trying to market off of FO3's demise.
They are not ex-bioware emplayees, it is just two ex-BIS employees who ended up quiting a month after they started on the fall. Or at least one of them.
The fall is a very shady game, and the developers are in germany. I'd say, don't say the fall will be anything like fallout.

Looks like interplay has gone to shit the week after it had its optimistic meeting call, but who knows, maybe they will get their shit together...

FO3 sounds so juicy, go read the nma forums for more info

edit: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6409&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and go to Http://www.nma-fallout.com for the unofficial fallout 3 faq.
That game would have been amazing...

After seeing some screenshots of the game before it was cancelled, I didn't really want it to come out. I'll be waiting for my beautiful, perfect 3D Fallout game... or an expansion to the wonderful Fallout II.

does anyone have any screens of fallout 3? i would love to see some.

OMG just those 4 shots have refueled my burning desire to play fallout 3. i have completed both game sand i loved both. those screens look amazing, especially for such an early stage. i blooming hope i will get to play this one day.

and out of intrest, who has completed any fallout game, and whta do they think?

Kerberos said:
After seeing some screenshots of the game before it was cancelled, I didn't really want it to come out. I'll be waiting for my beautiful, perfect 3D Fallout game... or an expansion to the wonderful Fallout II.

It was already fully 3d, the camera was completely movable and zoomable. And considering isometric rpgs these days, FO3 would have been/is ****ing beautiful. When the delevopment team showed the demo to people their mouths dropped, and people could hardly beleive that much detail was in a fully 3D isometric view game (meaning people thought they were pre-rendered 2D art, and that means it looks damn good). The vault pic was unfinished, but the city pic gives a good idea of the game detail. And graphics are not everything, especially with what they were shooting for in terms of gameplay for fallout...

/end rant

hiln said:
It was already fully 3d, the camera was completely movable and zoomable. And considering isometric rpgs these days, FO3 would have been/is ****ing beautiful. When the delevopment team showed the demo to people their mouths dropped, and people could hardly beleive that much detail was in a fully 3D isometric view game (meaning people thought they were pre-rendered 2D art, and that means it looks damn good). The vault pic was unfinished, but the city pic gives a good idea of the game detail. And graphics are not everything, especially with what they were shooting for in terms of gameplay for fallout...

/end rant

I've never been a big fan of the "mega-zoom", I prefer the traditional 3rd/1st person 3D view for games like this ...but wow, I thought those screenshots were 2D too. I hope they can pull off the gameplay of the last two games as well as the good graphics.

Interplay? I've not heard of Fallout. What other games have Interplay published? I usually class them next to 'DreamCatcher Interactive" - shit-in-a-box worst games ever.

FictiousWill said:
Interplay? I've not heard of Fallout. What other games have Interplay published? I usually class them next to 'DreamCatcher Interactive" - shit-in-a-box worst games ever.

Your way off base.

FictiousWill said:

Woah..........easy there tiger. Interplay has published some of the best games ever made! You've never heard of Fallout and you call yourself a serious fan of computer games? Shame on you!

FictiousWill said:

erm Baulders Gate?

Surely you've heard of Baulders Gate?

by the way... this news is 2 months old, i was just wondering if anyone knew. i just stubled upon this while doing some research on nuclear fallout:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/news_6100019.html

The third installment of Black Isle's sci-fi role-playing series died along with its developer.

thats it. Interplay is dead. No coming back. The company has shut down. no baulders gate 3. no fallout 3. ever...

Suicide42 said:
by the way... this news is 2 months old, i was just wondering if anyone knew. i just stubled upon this while doing some research on nuclear fallout:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/news_6100019.html

thats it. Interplay is dead. No coming back. The company has shut down. no baulders gate 3. no fallout 3. ever...

The news is from last week, and they're not dead yet. They will be around for awhile. Don't post bullshit as facts please.

Baldur's Gate III will happen, Atari has the liscense now and is making it. It will not be the black isle game codenamed: "Jefferson" that probably would have revolutionised computer role playing games, that game died when interplay foolishly lost/sold the liscense to atari.
Interplay is still alive, they will either make/finish fallout 3 or end up selling the liscense to stay alive. Both games will most surely be made.

hiln said:
The news is from last week, and they're not dead yet. They will be around for awhile.
Baldur's Gate III will happen, Atari has the liscense now and is making it. It will not be the black isle game codenamed: "Jefferson" that probably would have revolutionised computer role playing games, that game died when interplay foolishly lost/sold the liscense to atari.
Interplay is still alive, they will either make/finish fallout 3 or end up selling the liscense to stay alive. Both games will most surely be made.

wtf??? firstly, why is the news dated two months old, and secondly, that article should have been more clear. from what i read, all their employers were sacked and they were in serios debt of thousands upon thousands... plus the goverment shut down the studio.

.:: Suicide42 ::. says:
hey for your physics coursework
.:: Suicide42 ::. says:
hiln said:
dont post bullshit.
sorry, but i dint mean to post "bullshit". and tbh, even if the company isnt dead, i cant see them publishing it now.

The article is dated from last week because it happened last week. Fallout 3 was cancelled in december, if that's what you're talking about.

Their employees aren't all sacked. They are in debt. All they need is funding really. I only say what you posted was bullshit because you stated it as fact when it's wrong. I didn't mean to offend. But go research it more before you do that.

edit: and if they die or not, we will be getting fallout 3 and baldur's gate III

I really hope its not cancelled this time, i remeber it was brought up in the interplay forums and i dont remember any happy faces.
Btw Stay away from the console fallout, that really sucks big time.

hiln said:
The article is dated from last week because it happened last week. Fallout 3 was cancelled in december, if that's what you're talking about.

Their employees aren't all sacked. They are in debt. All they need is funding really. I only say what you posted was bullshit because you stated it as fact when it's wrong. I didn't mean to offend. But go research it more before you do that.

edit: and if they die or not, we will be getting fallout 3 and baldur's gate III

i hope your right... i bloody hope your right :|
fallout was one of the best RPGs i have ever played, followed closely by baulders gate.

Suicide42 said:
i hope your right... i bloody hope your right :|
fallout was one of the best RPGs i have ever played, followed closely by baulders gate.

Well, I'm definately right unless interplay dies and the liscense gets stuck in the dead company. Which has happened with other liscenses before.

Gamespot still says it's TBA! It must be still out there!

April 15th? That's old news. Black Isle is no more and Interplay is practically gone.

I'm pretty sure someone will make the last Fallout game. It has to be done. It just has to :(

Back