Favorite Animated TV show?

Best animated TV show that's still on the air?

• Total voters

The Monkey

The Freeman
Reaction score
I bet I missed a lot of great shows, but this is all I could think of right now :(

Simpsons
Futurama
Family guy
American Dad
South Park
King of the Hill
Other

Full Metal Alchemist. Only good animation that I can think of right now.

But I suppose you people don't watch anime. :(

Invader Zim should have been there, Dilbert and Alfred Jodocus Kwak too.

Anyway Simpsons is all time favoriete on that list, Closly followed by South Park. And futurama was pretty good too, atleast for the few episodes shown on dutch TV.

I like FMA but only ever watched a few episodes because my mate's got the DVDs

I voted for Futurama, most of the other shows listed I've never seen or didn't find that funny/interesting.
And they are making a new season of Futurama.:D:bounce:

Other: Smurfs. <--all-time fav.

Other: Korgoth of Barbaria. <--new fav coming in Sept.

I'd say King of the Hill is actually the funniest/best.

But as usual The Simpsons and Family Guy will get the most votes.

At the moment its Venture Brothers, and while I watch everything on that list I'll Zim some love.

Futurama for being the most consistently funny. Venture Bros has good moments, especially in season 1, but not enough to make me want to vote "other".

Right now, I'm tempted to say Venture Bros and/or Screw-on Head.

Metalocalypse. Greatest. Show. Ever.

"Is food library. Food library."
"ITS A GROCERY STORE YOU DOUCHEBAGS. Sorry. I have low sugar level."

When Family Guy hacks, its not funny in my opinion.

Earlier Simpsons is the KING!

Futurama, just because Harvey Birdman is a bit short on episodes, Aqua Teen Hunger Force isn't laugh-out-loud-funny as often as it could be, and Neon Genesis Evangelion isn't syndicated anywhere around here.

Actually, I'm changing my answer.

I'm completely addicted to Azumanga Daioh.

I voted for what I'm into at the moment - Futurama. Just came back on here and I've been trying to catch it more often. Loving it.

All-time favourite out of those would have to be Simpsons though, but I vote for that every time, so meh.

(Family Guy gets an honorary mention)

Futurama - Dr. Zoidberg
Invader Zim - Gir
Daria - Just plain smooth...

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Not even Family Guy or Futurama or Simpsons makes me laugh as much.

Dunny why. It's twisted.

Futurama.

Closely followed by South Park and The Venture Brothers.

Agreed, though I would have to Say Scrapped Princess *if we are talking about Anime as well* is my favorite Anime, so that wins..

I voted for Family Guy though.

Other: Harvey Birdman & Venture Brothers.

Bingo...

Pretty much anything on Adult Swim gets my vote....but I'll put one in for Family Guy, just because it is so outrageous!

Other: Samurai Jack, Grimm & Evil. For some reason CN doesn't shoe them here anymore;( .

Ah, Samurai Jack. What a show. Although for the most part, most of each episodes animation was just constant slide-ins of Jack/enemy/location and then dramatic, fast close-ups and stuff. :p But I still loved it.

I voted Simpsons mainly because the middle series were hilarious although the latest series has been utter crap. I would say Futurama and South Park in second ;)

Futurama is the best, obviously. Why the votes don't mirror this, I have no idea.

As good as Futurama is, it will never best some of those classic Simpsons episodes.

Baseball, the film festival, streetcar named Marge, Hank Scorpio... all genius. Shame it's garbage now. :(

Futurama is the best, obviously. Why the votes don't mirror this, I have no idea.
It's not unreasonable that The Simpsons has it outvoted, but Family Guy? Considering how shitty the recent series was/were, people still vote it over programmes that are genuinely funny? When will people realise that it's the halo of the animation world - repetition, repetition, repetition. I prefer American Dad to FG.

As good as Futurama is, it will never best some of those classic Simpsons episodes.

Baseball, the film festival, streetcar named Marge, Hank Scorpio... all genius. Shame it's garbage now. :(

That's why I'm voting Simpsons. Even after all these years, I still find myself watching it. Futurama would be second. I love the style of humor in both these shows.

Axyon said:
It's not unreasonable that The Simpsons has it outvoted, but Family Guy? Considering how shitty the recent series was/were, people still vote it over programmes that are genuinely funny? When will people realise that it's the halo of the animation world - repetition, repetition, repetition. I prefer American Dad to FG.

The jokes on American Dad seem far more thought out than the recent Family Guy episodes. Take this as an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vca7NeEojqs

:LOL:

Hell yeah. Family Guy is just retarded now. Almost all the jokes have nothing to do with the actual episode. The only way the episode CAN be funny is if they have one of their flashback nonsensical jokes. The show's become really hit or miss. American Dad, at least, is genuinely funny.

Hell yeah. Family Guy is just retarded now. Almost all the jokes have nothing to do with the actual episode. The only way the episode CAN be funny is if they have one of their flashback nonsensical jokes.
South Park poked fun at this in one of their episodes, about how all the jokes in Family Guy are interchangeable and Cartman wanted to get it pulled off the air because none of the jokes tied into the story, and he was tired of people saying, "Your humor's just like that."

"My jokes have context!"

My favorite animated series that's on TV right now is Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's incredibly good. It's so good I'd put it in a list of my top ten animated series of all time (that's any kind of animation, including anime). Good story, interesting characters, the setting's interesting, and it's got a mix of action, drama, and humor. The depth of this show is incredible; there's a lot of implied dark content that one wouldn't expect from an American cartoon, much less something from Nick.

Back