Favorite in game cutscene......

myth

Reaction score
My favorite in game cutscene is from the game Metal Gear Solid.it's the cut scene in which the ninja character is introduced into the game.

Hmm...I don't have a favourite in particular that I can think of, but I would have to say the cutscenes from Command and Conquer, Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert.

***Zelda: Wind-Waker SPOILER !!! ***

I love that bit where you put the 3 stones in place, and the light joins them all together and the temple appears from the under the water :D.

Wow, its been ages since ive played that game :p

I cant wait for the next one! :D:D

ocean color scene - profit in peace

probably something from blizzard, really, I'm thinking of the warcraft 3 one where the orc kills the giant death-tooth guy. whatever.

Oooh...That reminds me. I loved the Starcraft cutscenes :D I especially liked the Intro from broodwar, that music where the Battlecruiser is flying away makes all my hair stand on end.

Well it's not exactly an ingame cutscene, but it's the one I remember from the old days, in Tie Fighter whenever you received a special mark for accomplishing secret objectives :)

I'm not sure if it can be called a "cutscene", but I loved Max Payne's comic-style stuff

Every cutscene created by Blizzard. Ever.

Freedom Fighters - The Intro, every time I see that cutscene I get goose pimples. :E (The music... Ahhh, the music)

Metal Gear Solid 2 - I like many of the cut scenes in this game, but the Intro and when Solidus Snake fights the Metal Gear Ray's are my two favourites.

Devil May Cry - When Dante first see the Phantom and the birdie Griffon are just fantastic.

Can't think of anymore now...

I like the FF7 cutscenes a lot. Especially the ending and of course the Sephiroth fire scene. Granted there's better made cutscenes out these days, but FF7 definitely gets nostalgia bonus points for being one of the first games to really put CG cut scenes for consoles on the map.

the ending cutscenes for MP1/MP2, final fantasy 7(only one ive played), the old Command and Conquer ones and every single one from MGS1/MGS2

Every Bullet-Time cutscene in Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Oooh...That reminds me. I loved the Starcraft cutscenes :D I especially liked the Intro from broodwar, that music where the Battlecruiser is flying away makes all my hair stand on end.
That was such an Apocolypse now rip off lol. The ending cut scene in Starcraft is one the best....atleast that I can think of right now.

Easily the best cutscene is is the whole first level to Max Payne, dead babies, dead wife, classic.

Sephiroth standing in the flames of Nibelheim. Best. Cutscene. Evar.

I still absolutely love this one cutscene in Final Fantasy 2 for the SNES. Basically two walls are closing in on your party like the trash compactor in Star Wars. Two members of your party, twin-wizards named Palom and Porum, turn themselves to stone to save the party, sacrficing themselves for the good of the group.

You can even go back there at the end of the game and their statues are still there, on either side of a narrow corridor. Classic.

Sephiroth in flames scene is just plain awesome. It's one of the things that sticks out in peoples' minds when they think of FF7 if you ask me.

MGS2 had amazing cutscenes. They had a very good cinematic feel to them, and I really liked that.

Off-topic- Holy balls. I had my firefox window open on the general gaming forum. I come back from eating and open this thread...bam...new forum appearance. At first I thought I was somehow linked to some other site.

I bet most of the people on here have seen this one on FF7, but Ill put in spolier tags just in case.

My favorite cutscene of all time is when Sephiroth comes down and kills Aeris when she is praying. I just like the look of Sephiroth's eyes when he does it and when he pulls the sword slowly out of her body.

Hmmm.. found a problem with the new color scheme. If you use the blue scheme instead of the default...spoilers aren't really hidden.

Well, I love sports, and love ESPN NFL 2K5, so I'd have to say that my favourite would have to be the Opening Movie from that game. :cheers:

i really liked the cut scene in kotor where

you find out your revan

mostly because it's the only in game engine cutscene that's actually well done in the game

The opening movie from Mechwarrior 2. My jaws dropped when I saw that the first time. Even though it is low res by today's standards, it is still awesome.

I also love the beginning cutscene in Doom 3. You think you are watching a typical fake beginning intro crap and then *Bam* the camera pulls out and shows you the Doom 3 engine in all of its glory. I find it amazing that ID software had the balls to do something like that (in terms of ingenuity and graphical power).

Those are the two that stick out in my mind.

ALL cutscenes in Mafia , espessialy the ending.

Just like a movie, if not better.

The game Mafia as a whole, is quite possibly one of the best games ever imo.

Are we talking pre-rendered cutscenes (Blizzard, FF) or in-game (Mafia, Zelda). They're very different things.

I like the Opposing Force intro cutseen... if it can be called that.

Adrien C said:
I loved the cutscenes in Half-Life.

I was gonna say HL1, but since it never really CUTS.....well.....I know what you mean anyway.

I love that one cutscene on Deck 4 in System Shock 2. Awesome stuff

I liked the opening movie for Age of Mythology (i love that game), and the Mafia cutscenes were top notch, as was the game

I think the favorite cutscenes were in Resident Evil 2 and 3, and another game that I think had awsome cutescenes was Eve, thats what I think the name was it was for Ps 1 and it was a resident evil type game.

Rochet said:
I think the favorite cutscenes were in Resident Evil 2 and 3, and another game that I think had awsome cutescenes was Eve, thats what I think the name was it was for Ps 1 and it was a resident evil type game.

You mean Parasite Eve..

Yea parasite eve thats it, i really liked the cutescene were the pilot turns into a monstor and crashes on the top of a building that was some cool cg.

I liked the move in red alert where the president was making a announcement from his secret hidden base of operations, then one of the soldiers in the background who was holding up canvas or something to block off the background drops it and you see a canadian flag.

The most recent one would have to be the opening scene from Far Cry. But it's hard for me to narrow it down to one.

From my childhood, I kind of enjoyed the multiple endings to Dino Crisis.
The only cutscene from Half-Life (at the end of Apprehension) comes to mind as one of the most memorable.
There's even a couple from the Grand Theft Auto series as well.

Thief cutscenes were realy well done and artistic expecialy the middle one in "The Metal Age" with the poem.

The intro to Fallout Tactics has to be one of my favorites.

The "We Love The French" cutscene in Armed and Dangerous.

Back