Favorite Metal Band

Define metal. :| Not the material. :p
Dont want to say something and get "Dey r not teh m3tal!!" yelled back at me.

SimonomiS said:
Define metal. :| Not the material. :p
Dont want to say something and get "Dey r not teh m3tal!!" yelled back at me.
That's an incredibly hard thing to do. Metal is the collective for all the subgenres it contains - many of which have radically different styles of play. When many people are told the world 'metal', they'll automatically link it to screaming and drumblasts. Yes, this is one style of metal played, but there's also about 10-12 other main categories.

How about you list those bands, and we'll see from there.

Since it says Favorite Metal Band, I'll just say my favourite: Slipknot. :D

SimonomiS said:
Since it says Favorite Metal Band, I'll just say my favourite: Slipknot. :D
That's Nu-Metal... kind of, uh, metal-lite if you get my drift - manufactured to appeal to the largest audience, and mostly considered not 'true' metal.

Dream Theater's "Train of Thought" cd. Stream of Consciousness especially.

alright, i guess my favourite metal band has to be queens of the stone age, i've never met anyone who's really listened to them, but songs for the deaf has to be like the best album ever.

it's a different type of metal, the kind that's a lot more experimental with the guitars even if the lyrics aren't as aggressive as typical metal.

Sai said:
alright, i guess my favourite metal band has to be queens of the stone age, i've never met anyone who's really listened to them, but songs for the deaf has to be like the best album ever.

it's a different type of metal, the kind that's a lot more experimental with the guitars even if the lyrics aren't as aggressive as typical metal.

Yea, I've seen them referred to as "Stoner Rock". I mean, whats the point of all these sub-genres? Its confuses things more than it clarifies anything.
QOTSA are great btw. Don't think I'll buy the new album though.

Dark Tranquillity and Iron Maiden, impossible to choose it is :>

surprised no one has said Judas Priest yet, or i missed it.

Also nu-metal sucks...

Polaris said:
Any Nightwish fan around here ?
Nightwish is alright, but the whole opera-esque singing puts me off.

But you have Amy Lee (Admittedly very hot) in your avatar...?
I know Nightwish go much more into it, but its the same principle really.

favorite band for metal is iron madien.

but the list of what i like is fairly long.

3 inches of blood is what ive been listening to alot latly

SearanoX said:
Please leave forever. :)

Axyon, I'm not the biggest fan of Nightwish, but I would still love to see them in concert. Anyone else that you've met?
Unfortunately not, but they themselves were all really cool guys (Tarja seemed quite shy) - Tuomas kept on giving me waves and stuff during the performance, heh. I too am not the greatest Nightwish fan; heck, I only like about 3-4 songs on each of their albums (the ones that have catchy melodies, a faster beat and aren't just vocals, naturally), but they were really fantastic live - the crowd went absolutely mental when they played 'The Kinslayer', which is easily my favourite song.

Oh and SimonomiS, I have my connections ;)

SimonomiS said:
But you have Amy Lee (Admittedly very hot) in your avatar...?
I know Nightwish go much more into it, but its the same principle really.

Eh, I didn't really listen to much of Nightwish...just Nemo and some others.
They're like nu-opera, not really easy on the ears, imo.
But Evanescence, no matter how much the world hates them, is really soothing to listen to...imho.

But, I haven't listened to them in ages now.
Lacuna Coil is where all of my attention went.
Extremely attractive singer, Cristina Scabbia...and really beautiful voice, kick ass instrumental and digital effects, a pretty heavy male vocalist...They totally rock.
In fact, I think I'll change my avatar...

my favorite bands are burzum, nile, deeds of flesh, decrepit birth, origin, hate eternal and death.

i like electronica and ambient shit too like autechre, aphex twin, velvet acid christ, neptune towers, chris clark, ulver, etc.

I really don't have a favourite band, but here are some which I like. Opeth, Bloodbath, Nile, Aborted, Death, Jigsor Terror, Scarve, just to name a few :p

I killed the prom queen.
Killswitch: engage
Parkway Drive.

Just a few more... Heading into Harcore

StardogChampion said:
Nu-metal doesn't count.
Aye, there's a worrying amount of Nu-Metal/Metalcore in this thread.

any of u heard Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime album?

****ing amazing. In my top 5 albums ever.

Nightwish rules in my opinion. And Rammstein is magnificent as well :)

Slayer/Metallica/Megadeth for me. I'm into the thrash side of metal...

I quite like Iron Maiden/Bruce Dickinson solo albums, as well, though.

Metallica all the way for me especially live stuff from late 80's early 90's-found on Live Sh!t Binge and Purge box set. Maiden, S.O.A.D and a couple of other 'nu-metal' bands

How did Iron Maiden manage to get popular with those nu-metal people anyway? Maiden are well above that crap.

It makes me sick walking around and seeing those punks with Nirvana, SOAD, Disturbed, Korn and Maiden badges sewn to their schoolbags. Nirvana & Maiden > any of that rubbish.

Back