Favorite Weapon

This really is a toughy. When I start to consider the awesome bass sound from the AR2, I remember pinning a Combine to the wall with the Crossbow. Then when I think about sniping with the Magnum, the thoughts of spining a guided rocket round a Gunship crop up. You see, this is why I'm an agnostic. Never can make my mind up.

Snarks, or that big green thing that shoots out green blobs from hl1

Well, if we ever get to use an over-powered laser sighted sniper rifle, I'd go with that.

And since it hasn't been mentioned, the Op4 barnacle gun. That was just effin' ninja.

crossbow. Nothing better to me than pinning a few Combine to the wall by their necks.

Where/how do you get this, and how come you can't impulse 101 it?

Have you actually played the last level of Half-Life 2?

Satchel packs.

Luring enemies into a few of them and then detonating them into meaty chunks, yum.

Except my screenname is actually a reference to sex (look up Peter Gabriel).

I wanna be, ya sludggehammuh! OWWWW!

Jus call on mah name!

Anyways, I like the regular gravity gun, .357, shotgun from HL1 (had a more of a powerful sound to it), and snarks.

I really like the Pulse Rifle, especially because of its secondary fire - the pulse orb, as I like to call it. The iRifle was originally planned to be in Half-Life 2, and its secondary fire would ignite enemies on the spot. A little unrealistic, I'm afraid, but still an interesting concept. I'm glad it was replaced by the Pulse Rifle. Good decision by Valve.

I'm also a big fan of the Gravity Gun, but who isn't?

My favorite weapon is the Magnum. It's very effective, and I love it. I also like the gravity gun.

I like the Magnum, as well, but it is a bit too slow for me in a close-range combat situation.

I find it fine for close range combat. Headshots on zombies or combine are instant deaths. I love how he reloads it too.

Yeah, definitely magnum. Or shotgun and if i have ammo then crossbow.

Crossbow, magnum, Gravity Gun (Zero point energy field manipulator).

Halflife(2)=whole life.

But it's actually written out to be understood as Halflife^2. In that respect, it would be Fourth life.

I find it fine for close range combat. Headshots on zombies or combine are instant deaths. I love how he reloads it too.

Just so you know flipping a gun to either side like that damages the revolver.
MIT obviously doesn't train their students in proper reloading procedures for revolvers.

hivehanddb5.gif

This gun is my greatest love, not just in Half-Life, but in any game ever made. Nothing--NOTHING--compares to the hivehand. Directing a violent swarm of ever-replenishing xenotherus thornets at your enemies, ah, it's beautiful.

Stinging your enemies to death a thousand times over; no, running won't save you. Nothing can save you once you're in the sights of the hive. And while your ammo runs down and you pause to reload, I have no such handicap. They just keep coming. Try and run, run while I laugh and stand still, letting my bees do all the work. And when you're run down and dead, I'll come collect your ammo and weapons.

The hivehand is how you rule the scoreboard in HLMP.

The Shotty has to be my favourite gun.
Its so satisfying when you go through a group of enemies mowing them down.

Like everyone else, I find the shotgun ultimately the most commonly useful and satisfying, but I also like the pulse rifle. There's nothing like strafing while targeting a moving combine and gunning him down as he's moving.

Definitely the Shotgun, when you shot to your enemy you can see it doing backwards. :D

The whole half life arsenal is very well layed out... I like how they went away from the cliche shooter of having 40 different weapons where 30 of them are practically all SMGs that just sound and look different. Each weapon i notice is extremely unique and different from the other... My only complaint would be the pistol, because i dont really feel a lot of power behind it when i fire it, even though its still fun, and is just a pistol...

Shotty for short range and the Crossbow for longe range. The only things I need to survive.

shotgun because of there brain splitting secondary fire and for comedy the gravity gun from hl2 i even used to laugh every time when i used saw blades at zombies to chop them

Back