Features that should have been added

peoplesuc

Spy
Reaction score
I remember a scene in Soldier of Fortune 2 where there was a guy behind a glass panel. If you tossed a gernade infront of the glass then the glass would shatter, the guy behind the glass would die and there would be lots of glass shards in the body.
(me like glass!)

Also in Postal 2 blood and pee could flow down walls and steep angles.

In Mortal Kombat 5 blood could drip off the fighters.

Does anyone know if these features will be in the game?

Me personally I think they would really add to the whole atmosphere and realism of the game.

hl2 needs to meet certain ratings to make as much money as possible.

I remember a scene in Soldier of Fortune 2 where there was a guy behind a glass panel. If you tossed a gernade infront of the glass then the glass would shatter, the guy behind the glass would die and there would be lots of glass shards in the body.
(me like glass!)

Possibly, I saw broken glass in the game.

Also in Postal 2 blood and pee could flow down walls and steep angles.

Gordon wears an HEV suit. No need to pee.

In Mortal Kombat 5 blood could drip off the fighters.

Maybe, they do have hit decals

well, HL2 is going to be rated M for mature...

as to the necessity of shards of glass and pee on walls...i'm not so sure.

I don't think fluids are physically simulated, seeing how Gabe stated a barrell full of water, if you shoot the barrell the water won't poor out.

Originally posted by TheRocker132
I don't think fluids are physically simulated, seeing how Gabe stated a barrell full of water, if you shoot the barrell the water won't poor out.

That doesn't mean it can't run down surfaces.. it doesn't even need to be defined as a "liquid". You could just do something like the pools of blood under dead bodies in SoF/SoF2.

what i wonder is,the wood will it break where i shoot at it or will it just break the same way pretty much everytime loike only 4 ways to break it... and the "table" consept if you heard about it

PEKS your avatar is cool, where did you get that pic of Serj? And do you know where it was taken at? (Love system of a down!)

I think they should have added some kind of fluid dynamics, there water is simply gorgeous (SP?) But not have proper fluid dynamics may take away some of the realism I mean come on, in splinter cell i remember shooting a fish tank and where ever i shot it a hole would be and the water would leak out of that hole until the water line was underneath the hole.. you could empty the whole tank if you shot a hole in the bottom, this would add a lot the game but oh well...

well, they said they've held back alot of surprises. you never know

SD

Postal2 was a joke.. the pee was not something to be proud of

Mountain Man: I'd say they're not gimmicks. They add to the suspension of disbelief.

Half-Life 2's glass looks excellent judging by the e3 video.

Originally posted by Innervision961
PEKS your avatar is cool, where did you get that pic of Serj? And do you know where it was taken at? (Love system of a down!)

i think i just went on google image search.

yea system owns..i really like innervision like your name :p

Originally posted by Innervision961

I think they should have added some kind of fluid dynamics, there water is simply gorgeous (SP?) But not have proper fluid dynamics may take away some of the realism I mean come on, in splinter cell i remember shooting a fish tank and where ever i shot it a hole would be and the water would leak out of that hole until the water line was underneath the hole.. you could empty the whole tank if you shot a hole in the bottom, this would add a lot the game but oh well...

So you can shoot holes in fishtanks? If it's not nedeed for the game, it won't be there, simple as that.
That's not what a would call fluid water, it's fake, but looks good.

Do you think it was needed in splinter cell?
No but ya know what, thats one of the few parts of the game i can remember so what does that tell you? And i've heard lots of people ask questions like "if i shot a hole in a water tower would the water poor out" etc so im not the only one who thinks that it would be cool, and usefull looking at it from a mappers point of view

Back