Final Release Date?!?!

DeViouS

Reaction score
you will have to excuse me, but I have just started to follow the whole half life scene. Is there a release date set up? (I know you guys are prob. freaking out because that is a stupid question, but bare with me, I'm new! thanks :thumbs: ) anyways, let me know.

No date set yet. You just haft to wait like the rest of us :) it _should_ go gold soon thou !

aight, thanks, i am going to have to wrap my head with duck tape to keep it from exploding!

DeViouS said:
aight, thanks, i am going to have to wrap my head with duck tape to keep it from exploding!
Make sure you use "mallard". Welcome to the forums. :cheers:

I will remeber that thanks, and thanks for welcoming me, I am really into computers, and have had dial up internet at home forever, so I never really was on the internet alot. I now have adelphia and I and trying out this message board thing! its pretty cool thanks guys for bearing with a newb! :)

assuming "hackers" don't "steal" from valve again,
(vivendi doesn't like valve)

...soon... else...

never!

I am thinking about getting Battlefront what do u ya guys think??

DeViouS said:
I am thinking about getting Battlefront what do u ya guys think??

it doesn't matter what we think. if you think you'll like it, go for it.

This is supposed to be Half-Life 2 discussion.
Everyone's saying it sucks and is a complete Battlefield 1942, rip-off, though. Go get Galactic Conquest instead.

DeViouS said:
you will have to excuse me, but I have just started to follow the whole half life scene. Is there a release date set up? (I know you guys are prob. freaking out because that is a stupid question, but bare with me, I'm new! thanks :thumbs: ) anyways, let me know.

Not this year.... and that is something you can count on it.

Caminante said:
Not this year.... and that is something you can count on it.
Yep. Obviously the mass of full-reviews coming out in the coming weeks are months ahead of the games' release.

Sharrd said:
Everyone's saying it sucks and is a complete Battlefield 1942, rip-off, though. Go get Galactic Conquest instead.

no not everyone. actually a lot of people are saying it rocks and that galactic conquest is really boring. go figure

and battlefield 1942 is a codename eagle ripoff. so there

Sharrd said:
Not a rip off of BF1942 at all. SWB is more of a shooter with cool tanks/starships, while BF1942 is a game where ur dependant on planes/tanks and your nothing with just your rifle.

Cyb3rac1d said:
Yep. Obviously the mass of full-reviews coming out in the coming weeks are months ahead of the games' release.

Well, you never know what Vivendi might decide to do. *Prays to God that they just release it* :rolling:

I can't belive that we might have to wait until next year! that sucks! they don't even have a demo to hold us over until then?!?!

i am definetly going to have to wrap my head with duck tape to keep it from exploding! freakin-A!!!!!!

It could actually be gold now but not announced so do to the legal dispute. We will probably find out very soon after Oct 8th. If the parties reach an agreement about the release (but not who gets the revenue) then it could be very soon after that.

Do you know how much this thread's title freaked me out? I thought the Second Coming was finally here!

i know its duct tape, but it is much funner (i also know that, funner is not a word) to say duck tape! :) nice icon by the way! posey!

here is another newbie question, I have heard this "going gold" statement what exactly does that mean?

poseyjmac said:
battlefield 1942 is a codename eagle ripoff. so there
Battlefield 1942 was from the makers of Codename Eagle :D (bought out by EA Games of course).

i dont think that i could wait until spring 05, and i dont think that it will be that long.

we're waiting for the publisher VUGames to decide if the game is ready or not.

i think they should release it and we will tell them when it is ready damnit! :sniper:

DeViouS said:
so seriously what are we really waiting on?!
Nobody knows.... but we have been waiting for a long time now with empty promises..... so it's no surprise if they really do delay it until 2005 with some bs excuse

SIN55 said:
Battlefield 1942 was from the makers of Codename Eagle :D (bought out by EA Games of course).

i know. point is, you can't really patent the idea of having infantry and vehicles in a game. i suppose the star wars battles on hoth and endor were a rip off of world war 2 movies because they had infantry and vehicles fighting together :thumbs:

Back