first PC game you've ever played?

I was mainly a console/arcade gamer until i played Star Wars: Dark Forces and F22: Raptor on my friends computer around 1997.
Followed by Redneck Rampage, Worms and Commandos.
Been a staunch PC gamer ever since then.

Dude, you have no idea how much Chex I ate to get all of that game.

Well you sir ARE A BIG DICK PLAYA

ONLY THE BIGGEST OF BIG DICK PLAYAS CAN POST ABOUT CHEX QUEST

I NEED THE TITLE OF BIG DICK PLAYA TO DISPLAY MY DICK AND HOW MUCH OF A PLAYA I AM

My first PC game was Playing With My Dick, a Big Internet Point and Click game.

I actually grew up with shitty educational games whose names I can't remember.
When I was 8/9 I played Tomb Raider 2 with my brother and it usually took very long before we finished a level. After that I hadn't played any shooters(if you would consider TR1 a shooter) till I was 14.

Does Amiga count?

If it does then it was probably Kinderama or this other educational space game I can't remember right now (I'll get back on that). Or maybe it was Battle Chess? Or Prince of Persia? It's all hazy and nostalgic.

I think on the 486 it was probably Doom or something that came in this giant shareware collection we had.

Pong was the first computer game I ever played. Either that or Falcons in the arcade halls or Lemonade Stand on an Apple II+.

half life opposing force was my first PC game :)

My first PC game was probably Alleycat. You play as a cat and you chase mice and eat goldfish while trying to avoid dogs/brooms/spiders. The ultimate goal is to get to a female cat for some hawt sechs. The game was awesome. I think I played it in the mid/late 80s. Here's a video for the 1985 Atari version of the game which I think has slightly better sound/graphics than the 1984 PC version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdom660x_2M&NR=1

I think it was Warcraft 2 on one of my mothers cousin's son's computer, I was born in 1990 so, and my family didn't get their own computer until 2003.

Contenders:
Myst
Rise of the Triads
Wolfenstein 3D
Nocturne

On a PC it was probably Wolfenstein3D, but I had been playing games on other computers for 10 years prior to that.

whatever degree of perception of perfection that might have been developed, I can objectively say that it is indeed a biased opinion, because of the inherent nature that it was, indeed, the first fighting game I ever played.
I can understand this. I can understand the attachment a man forms with his first fighting game. But friend, it just don't sit right with me that you're calling 2 the best when you haven't played Soul Edge or Soul Calibur 1, and you think 2 is better than 3. It breaks my heart.

Also I actually have nothing against Mitsurugi. I just thought it funny to arbitrarily add in your choice of character under my list of things I was quote-ranting at. Mitsurugi's an OK guy.

He's no Hwang Sung Kyung, though.

WHO WASN'T EVEN IN THE SECOND ONE

ASSASSIN DOESN'T COUNT 'CAUSE HE LOST HIS FLOWING ACROBATIC AWESOMENESS

The only thing better about 3 was spamming stance-changes with Siegfried and watching him spin like a gyroscope.

Wow, that's a tough one. My parents had the PC, I had the C64. So my first PC game was probably Battle Chess or Where In the World Is Carmen San Diego or something, but I'd been playing games on the C64 for years prior to that. Man, there were some great games for that thing.

My first PC game was the Aliens Versus Predator demo. I was amazed.

lol you're a kiddo

First game that broke my mind: Earth Defense Force 2017.
The hardest and easiest game I've ever completed.
Don't watch the videos, you won't understand. Grab a buddy, get the game, and play it till you beat all the difficulties.

I remember playing Wolfenstein 3D, but I am pretty sure it wasn't the first one. I have no idea which one I played first. There was a car game called Stunts or something. I remember loving a 2D game called Auts. All of those had editors with them, too, which was great.

Before all those I had already played C64, of course.

First game i ever played was on a shitty mac back in 92-93, when i was like 2-3 years old. Games such as Lemmings and other games, like that one ant game (cant remember name). But then we threw away the mac and got a PC, and thats where the real shit started:

It started with Wolfenstein 3D, and then doom. It was like 1994 and my friends dad worked in some IT business and always brought home software/games and let us play with it. Then he brought Red Alert 1 that introduced us to RTS. Around that time my sister got Diablo from a friend, so it became my first RPG. Then one day my friends dad brough home QUAKE 2...holy ****ing shit, i came over every day and played the shit out of that game. Then ofcorse, the big one...Half Life. My own dad had gotten it from a friend at work. That went to counter-strike, and so on. The rest is history.

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure.

Dear god I miss that game.

edit:

Also, Janes F15 Fighter. I played that quite a bit back then too.

I can understand this. I can understand the attachment a man forms with his first fighting game. But friend, it just don't sit right with me that you're calling 2 the best when you haven't played Soul Edge or Soul Calibur 1, and you think 2 is better than 3. It breaks my heart.

soul calibur 2 was better than 3, I ****ing hated 3

Very first Duke Nukem game. Although I was only 2 I was pretty god damn good at it, but **** me if sidescrollers weren't my bane at that age.

The Bards Tale in all it's twitchy animated 4 colour splendour.

Man, I should totally post a pic of all the old Amiga floppy copies we have and see how many games people recognise.

Man, I should totally post a pic of all the old Amiga floppy copies we have and see how many games people recognise.

I have none left anymore, flinged them all with my Amiga 1200 when Commodore ****ed up their business.

my first computer was a Timex Sinclair 2068 I think. In Europe it was called the Spectrum.

Eventually I got an Atari 800XL, and a 1200XL (same thing basically). Then I got an Atari ST. That shit was pretty bad ass at the time. (it competed with the Amiga, I guess.)

Then I pretty much stuck with consoles for many years.

Im pretty sure it was a Lion King, mario-style platformer on floppy disk that you had to run through DOS.

Although it couldve been Doom or something common.

ohhh I forgot about cosmos cosmic adventure...love that game

I think the first PC game I played was Heretic or the original Prince of Persia, I don't remember.

I think it was Operation Wolf on some sort of Amstrad.

The only thing better about 3 was spamming stance-changes with Siegfried and watching him spin like a gyroscope.
Move speed was returned to Soul Calibur 1's speed.
Brought back Hwang and Li Long from Soul Edge.
Tweaks and changes to certain characters...could be considered both good and bad, depending.
Character creator was pimpin'.

You just man up and play your Yun-Seong.

The character creation styles were OP, but it brings to mind the horrors I made in SCIV, so I'm gonna find a way to post them one of these days.

... Zasalamel... I'm too proud to say he's OP, because no character is OP enough to not be taken down by a skilled enough player (playing anything), but he is just one example within the context of 3 (and 4, but to a lesser extent) of some things being taken too far. Balance was destroyed, not completely, but enough for the douchebags to easily take advantage of it, and it just turned me off to 3 in the long run. That, and it was a PS2 exclusive, for which I was ultimate sad.

commander-keen.jpg

or

Crystal_Caves.png

Back