First time on multiplayer

vsaravia

Spy
Reaction score
I just jumped into one and had no idea what to do...yeah, first time I've played multiplayer. I basically got slaughtered in the first few seconds. So, do you shot each other, or what? Because I got shot by one of my own.

Depends on the map.

Your ethier on Teamplay deathmatch or Deathmatch.

Teamplay is where you are ethier Combine or Resistance, and you fight the opposite team.

Deathmatch is where you kill anyone you see.

Must of went to Deathmatch. I didn't find any that were Teamplay Deathmatch. Which map is for Teamplay?

vsaravia said:
Must of went to Deathmatch. I didn't find any that were Teamplay Deathmatch. Which map is for Teamplay?

It depends of how the server is set up. Try refreshing the servers list by gamemodes :dozey:

Some servers have FF on (friendly fire) so you will be able to attact your teammates, and some dont. If you want to choose which side you want to be on just change the player model in options; either one of the resistance or one of the combine and it will change the team your on.

scr said:
Try refreshing the servers list by gamemodes :dozey:
Oh, man I can't believe I missed that! Thanks... :eek:

Dasparov said:
Some servers have FF on (friendly fire) so you will be able to attact your teammates, and some dont.
How do I find out if a server has friendly fire on? I looked in the server info, but didn't see it listed.

I dunno how to check if FF is on or not.
Whether it is or not, it's best not to shoot your teamates at all. :p

Mechagodzilla said:
Whether it is or not, it's best not to shoot your teamates at all. :p
Yeah..but it might happen by accident :upstare:

Congratulations with this knowledge you are now smarter than the common CS n00b.

That's okay. I've been playing Team Deathmatch all day today, and I think I'm getting the hang of it...and it's starting to become addicting. I can't wait until more maps are released. :)

Usually you can find whether FF is on by entering a command in the chat bar "/FF or FF" if not just ask..

vsaravia said:
Oh, man I can't believe I missed that! Thanks... :eek:

How do I find out if a server has friendly fire on? I looked in the server info, but didn't see it listed.

Shoot someone on your team and if they die say "oops!!"

trying getting better at the grav gun always helps, i didnt get better till i learned how to use the grav gun to my advantage.

Back