Flickering Textures with 6600GT

Hunter_8472

Reaction score
On HL2, some textures flicker. Does this count as artifacting? Is there any way to stop flickering textures?

a couple of textures flicker for me too, but on dod tho, i have an X700 card tho

Hunter_8472 said:
On HL2, some textures flicker. Does this count as artifacting? Is there any way to stop flickering textures?

this is quite possibly artefacting, and can be prevented by lowering the overclock on your graphics card slightly, until you notice the flickering tectures dissapear.

jesus, didn't notice teh overclock in your sig, thats pretty impressive! I agree with 3ssence and would lower the clock and mem speeds and see if it makes any difference. Also have a look in your case to see if there is a build up of dust anywhere and that all the fans are operating as usual.

Also have you upgraded your gfx drivers or installed anything that could have had an effect on it?

It does this with my FX 5600, It only does it on some levels though, I just ignore it

Well, if the only way to get rid of it is to lower clock speeds, I'll just grin and bear them. It's only once in a while, anyway. Thanks for the help, guys.

Back