FN forty-nine

simon

Spy
Reaction score
made this in about 3 hours time, it's 1223 triangles
(final model) ready to be unwrapped and textured

forty-nine-final.jpg

it's pretty good, needs a real nice skin though

meh, its not bad. kinda basic though. needs to be smoother in places and more detailed.

It's ok just as a model but perfect for ingame use. With a beaufitul skin it will be just right for any mod or cs replacement.

basic, but with a good skin its brilliant and we all know you off-limit guys can skin

the details are on the model where they are most seen in 1st person view ... why would it need more detail for parts that are never seen ?
sometimes you really forget the difference between a show-off model and a game model imHo ;)

and about it being basic, it's almost identical to the real thing, so mail FN they make basic weaponry then ;)

and about the skin, i already have one lined up, i'll post the final shots when its completed ;)

hehe yeah maybe they manufacture basic shaped guns, we just said it was basic. ;) basic can be good too

yeah, it'll be fine with a skin.

imo its skins which really make or break a model. the model only really needs to be the basic shape for the skin to be applied to.

well, on request from the guy who will be skinning it, i added the grooves on the slide, and i rounded the trigger area a bit more since i had triangles to spare ... (final trianglecount: 1560)

forty-nine-final1.jpg

he also skinned this for us:

pres-vanguard-tavor2.jpg

now the fn is great :D
that machinegun skin, i dont like it :/
just doesnt look realistic

thats a sweet model man especialy for how many triangles it is its perfect for any mod btw how did you do those grooves did u do lots of subdivisions

i just modeled them (vertex, cut tool)
18 grooves with circa 3 poly's per groove

lol, i see you have looked at my profile !

thanks dude, i will be showing some more updates later on (i'm going to finish my CH53 helicopter next (i think). You can find a lot more content on our mod forums btw, here is a thread i made with the map_props i did for the mod:
http://www.off-limits.be/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=599
they are building Alpha 0.2 at the moment (we should be able to starting play the mod pretty soon) and i can't wait :)

garfield that skin actually is more accurate than most dodgy gradient high contrast work that is suposed to look realistic.

Back