FOOOOOOTBALLLL!!!!!!!!!

All opinions don't matter in this thread because FOOTBALL.

Having been born and raised in Connecticut, I guess I can say **** THE PATS.

The hits and collisions in American football have far far more energy and 'brunt force' than in rugby. Compare an American football tackle to a rugby tackle. One is a smash and one is a drag down.

You'll get drag downs in American football too, but you rarely see the smashes in rugby.

NCAA is College, NFL is professional. The college hits are pretty bad too. High school and junior high and even pee-wee hits just as bad sometimes as well.

No one tackles in football anymore. They just ram into whoever has the ball, it takes no technique. No one wraps their arms around, it's pretty lame. Of course the hits in football have more raw energy, it's because they wear ****ing armor.

Also, have you ever even watched rugby? You're a tool if you think tackles in rugby have little force

No one tackles in football anymore. They just ram into whoever has the ball, it takes no technique. No one wraps their arms around, it's pretty lame. Of course the hits in football have more raw energy, it's because they wear ****ing armor.

Also, have you ever even watched rugby? You're a tool if you think tackles in rugby have little force

That's why people like Adrian Peterson get a thousand yards after first contact, because if you just run up and hit him, you'll bounce off and he will leave a cleat print in your ass.

The hits and collisions in American football have far far more energy and 'brunt force' than in rugby.

Just FYI, I think you mean blunt force.

No one tackles in football anymore. They just ram into whoever has the ball, it takes no technique. No one wraps their arms around, it's pretty lame.

Oh take me in your arms and compress me. Compress me tight!

On a side note: I am downloading the demo for Madden NFL11 atm, but I kinda dread learning the control scheme. How hard a game is it to play?

A bunch of beefy, burly men beating the crap out of each other just to score a point? Sounds like my kind of sport.........if I was a woman. :D

(see what I did there? Oooooh crap, I see some people from this thread approaching me with a hang rope!)

On a side note: I am downloading the demo for Madden NFL11 atm, but I kinda dread learning the control scheme. How hard a game is it to play?

If you have a controller its probably easier to play sports games on a controller than it is with a mouse + keyboard.

I really cant stand football anymore, especially the fans.

American football has perked my interest, I always thought it was as pathetic AS football as you wear so much padding, like girls, REAL men play rugby. You cant get a more manly sport than rugby, those guys just wear jerseys and mouth guards and smash into each other as hard as they do in the yankie equivelant.

But then I started to watch it recently and started to get hooked.

And granted, some of the hits those guys take are extreme, but so is rugby sometimes. In American football you just get up, usually, whereas in rugby you STAY down.

But yeah, football is pathetic. I would happily line up every football fan in this country and hose them down, then hang draw and quarter every football player.

And sportsmen and women getting paid 3 times the average salary per week is absurd. For what??? Go out, kick a ball and get £100,000 for one match a week. Get ***ked. Useful people, you know, scientists and alike, the ones that contribute to humanity, dream of annual salaries like that.

No one tackles in football anymore? What a joke. Wrapping up is important and if you dont do so you're just going to let them run the ball down your throat. Trust me when you play the defensive line that's DRILLED into your head.

And yes I have watched Rugby, and I never knocked it. That's a badass sport too. But FOOTBALL is better.

Just FYI, I think you mean blunt force.

Actually I was wrong- but so are you. I meant brute force.

Today was the first time in a long long time where I actually sat through an entire football game. The Michigan v. Notre Dame was a very good game to watch.

Gotta say, one of the most amusing things for me was watching my brother (who loves to root for the best teams in every sport no matter who they are, Man U for soccer, Detroit for hockey, Boston for basketball) root for the Patriots when they lost to the Giants in the final :LOL:

I hate people like that.

I have always been a Cardinals fan even when they sucked ass years back- and always will be a fan and support them. I hated seeing all the "sudden new fans" in Phoenix when they made it to the Superbowl. Where were all those assholes when the Cardinals hadn't made the playoffs in 16 years huh? Now suddenly the team is good so it's got a lot of fans. Bunch of no loyalty bastards.

Actually I was wrong- but so are you. I meant brute force.

What do you mean brute force though? Brute force doesn't really mean anything from an actual physics and medical point of view, unlike blunt force.

Brute force is mainly a mathematics and problem solving thing.

What do you mean brute force though? Brute force doesn't really mean anything from an actual physics and medical point of view, unlike blunt force.

Brute force is mainly a mathematics and problem solving thing.

Then I dont know. Blunt force refers to a weapon that is blunt, or a blunt object, neither of which a football player is.

EXTREME FORCE

Either way if you dont know what I mean without the exact terminology then I dunno how you communicate with others effectively!

Then I dont know. Blunt force refers to a weapon that is blunt, or a blunt object, neither of which a football player is.

EXTREME FORCE

Either way if you dont know what I mean without the exact terminology then I dunno how you communicate with others effectively!

Well I figured you were talking about blunt force because it's exactly what happens. Football players exert massive amounts of force on each other, when comes in that form. And their equipment is designed to help absorb and mitigate it.

And yes I have watched Rugby, and I never knocked it. That's a badass sport too. But FOOTBALL is better.

Let it go. Rugby requires more skill, more athleticism, and more mental strength than football. You know it's true.

Let it go. Rugby requires more skill, more athleticism, and more mental strength than football. You know it's true.

Let it go. Football requires more skill, more athleticism, and more mental strength than rugby. You know it's true.

Let it go. Football requires more skill, more athleticism, and more mental strength than rugby. You know it's true.

images

Oh, how quaint, they're calling it football when ostensibly the game is focused on neither the use of feet or a proper, spherical ball. I think we're all aware of what constitutes real football, however.
picture.php

american-river-camp15.jpg

Once again, don't blame us for calling football what it is and soccer what it is. The English invented the term soccer, and we've just been calling football what it's been called since the beginning (as rugby and all its variants were also called)

Hacky sack will never be a sport btw

Oh, how quaint, they're calling it football when ostensibly the game is focused on neither the use of feet or a proper, spherical ball. I think we're all aware of what constitutes real football, however.
picture.php

american-river-camp15.jpg
Listen to this man, and his picture words.

****en cowboys. Will we ever have a good kicker on our team?

I really thought the rams were gunna beat the cardinals... Besides bradfords 2 picks at the end of the game he looked purrty good. It was Bradford first game and he threw it 55 times! Give the guy a break. I dont know why they didnt give it to a guy named Steven Jackson more...

Is this dude a cardinals fan?

I really thought the rams were gunna beat the cardinals... Besides bradfords 2 picks at the end of the game he looked purrty good. It was Bradford first game and he threw it 55 times! Give the guy a break. I dont know why they didnt give it to a guy named Steven Jackson more...

Is this dude a cardinals fan?

You cant win even when the referees were cheating for your team. That was NOT a fumble at the end of the game, and even your own teams announcing staff agreed. The ground can not cause a fumble- Hightower was ALREADY DOWN when the ball came loose.

Oh well why am I caring- we won anyway even with all the penalties and screw ups that we had!

BTW: Rams are the worst team in the league, ha ha! And I can say that mocking because Cards already went through having that title years back.

Good enough to almost beat you. Your lucky your guy stripped our big man right before he got into the endzone.

Good enough to almost beat you. Your lucky your guy stripped our big man right before he got into the endzone.

:angel: That WAS pretty awesome.

It's because Anderson and Fitzgerald (best receiver in the NFL) havent been practicing together. We gave Leinart away and once Fitzgerald has chemistry with Anderson we won't have those incomplete passes/interceptions

That game inspired me to pick up Legedu Nananananaeenannanaooooo in one of my leagues. I think he's a good target for Phillip Rivers.

That's actually a damn good idea. Just picked him up too.

Now that I picked up Naanee I'm in a bit of a pickle. My other receivers are Miles Austin, Steve Smith (giants), and Santana Moss. No way I'm benching Austin so the choice is Moss or Smith. Smith only got me 4 points last week but he was screwed over on a pass that would have been a 40+ yd touchdown because of a intentional pass interference. So I really don't want to put him on bench, I have a feeling next week will be better for him. So that leaves Moss who I benched but I still have a deep down feeling I will regret this decision since Moss is their best receiver.

Decisions, decisions.

Back