Football forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think to have a football forum, we'd first need a Sports forum, right? I don't see one. The demand's just not there.

Who cares about other sports?
The world cup thread alone has twice as many posts as the sin episodes forum, which has been up for 6 months.

Maybe because not too many people really give a crap about the new Season here :p

Searching through the forums for football-related threads, there's practically nothing. By the second page of hits we're into late 2005 threads! There seriously is no demand.

Searching through the forums for football-related threads, there's practically nothing. By the second page of hits we're into late 2005 threads! There seriously is no demand.
Really? Page 2 for me starts at less than 3 weeks ago.. and people would post a lot more about it if there was a sports or football forum, i think.
Anyway if demand matters why is there a sin forum? Or a coding forum, or a clans forum.
I already use another forum for football talk so i dont care that much but it would be nice. Lets see what munro thinks.

I was about to say something then, but i didn't wanna get accused of being an ass licker by Ennui again ;P

The problem is, that theres about 20 members which like sports or football in particular that want to discuss it, and as Munro said most other people don't have any interest in sports at all, perhaps because they don't have a life outside the forum or because the new generation of people not interested. Anyhow due to that, we are likely to get loads of responses along the lines of 'no' very bluntly. But feel free to make the threads in off-topic anyway Reaktor, me and Comrade Badger will keep them clean and participate in discussion as we are right into it :)

perhaps because they don't have a life outside the forum or because the new generation of people not interested. Anyhow due to that, we are likely to get loads of responses along the lines of 'no' very bluntly.

Or maybe because it is just not worth in any way, shape or form? I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not you like sport, I just think its fairly easy to see that there is no need for it because there is hardly an influx of sport threads.

Wouldn't mind a sport forum, but you lot have spoken :)

A Sports forum I could see happening, even though hardly anyone posts about sports, but I could see it get some use

A Football forum, no, even though this forum is mostly UK, it doesn't warrant its own sub-forum

I thought the thread was for FOOTBALL, not SOCCER..

Either way - no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back