found out how to get AI in DM work

yeah pauly, put the server back up, i really wanna play with the AI and other people :D

Hmm can't someone help me please? Also Pauly what server do you run all those AI battles on, listen or dedicated? Is it even possible to be able to npc_create on a dedicated? So far all I get the memory read crash I posted above... I really wanna get this working but I am quickly running out of ideas..

pixartist said:
hey what about making a tutorial for all the map makers out there? perhaps it will be stickied!

you didnt see the one at hl2world.

way back from like may or june 2004?

I doubt anyone seriously magically happened upon these values out of thin air. Who would go hmmm I bet to say hate I do D_HT.

ok found how to create npc with weapon but they simply dont attack me or other npcs.
I create new server then use command
sv_cheats 1
npc_create_weapon weapon_ar2
npc_create m_combine_s
ent_fire npc_combine_s setrelationship "player d_ht 90"

and he just start to look at me when i move around him
combine2rq.jpg

Yes we know... its because the combines\citizens , alyx, barney, kleiner, etc don't have their animations loading in hl2dm. I dunno how hard it would be to put back in but that's why.

Also another bug is when you kil antlions\zombies with the alernate fire on ar2 it crashes server everytime.

I still want to know how to get the strider to fire on other players... i can only get it to fire its cannon on me typing

ent_fire strider setcannontarget !player

I think its because theres no AI pathing in deathmatch. If you tried it in a single player map the combine would actually do something, like attacking you are your squad maties.

spawn sentry guns!
SENTRY WARS! pick them up with the grav gun and build a stonghold

how do you get striders to impale stuff? do they just do it automatically if they are close enough?

They do it when they're close enough :D
It's a very beautiful site to see an antlion stuck on a striders leg :D

Yes it is stuck on his leg, and yes he did eventually flick his leg to get it off :)

I have a bad FPS for some reason o_O

Edit: why didn't the picture post?
Oh it was too big :(

I downloaded the script and it seems to work, but the npc's aren't doing any damage

[kHz]empty said:
I downloaded the script and it seems to work, but the npc's aren't doing any damage

If you mean the exec files I upload here, you have to exec the AI_deatharena to set there health and damage vaules before spawning the npcs. If you not talking about what I upload then just enter sk_npcname_ and the console will show you a list of the sk_ commands for that npc (samples sk_headcrab_health, sk_antlion_jump_damage, etc).

how do you set the damage that Striders, Gunships and Helis do with their normal gun?

How do you give the strider damage?

How do you edit the striders damage? I have it out there and it looks like it's firing, but it's not actually doing anything

What's the name of that Map

Pauly said:
you have to use ent_fire (npcname) setrelationship (enttoattack) (hate/like) (number).

http://img70.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img70&image=t1rdmbuildingblocksb.jpg
screenshot eraser took of strider impaling an antlion!
Its pretty fun, glitchy thou...
If anyone wants to join- 24.131.126.109 and pass is hl2.net
Its fun to build a fort out of boxes and barrells and bricks and defend it from onslaughts of antlions.

Hey i would like to know the name of the map on that screenshot plz ty
DeVL1 :thumbs:

What's the name of that Map

Pauly said:
you have to use ent_fire (npcname) setrelationship (enttoattack) (hate/like) (number).

http://img70.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img70&image=t1rdmbuildingblocksb.jpg
screenshot eraser took of strider impaling an antlion!
Its pretty fun, glitchy thou...
If anyone wants to join- 24.131.126.109 and pass is hl2.net
Its fun to build a fort out of boxes and barrells and bricks and defend it from onslaughts of antlions.

Hey I Would Like To Know What's The Name Of That Map There On That Screenshot You Took TY

DeVL1 :thumbs:

If Some1 Could Tell Me the Name OF That Map. Overwatch and Lockdown Are Too Small For Spawning NPC's.

if you want the npc to attack players then just do
ent_fire npc_combine_s setrelationship "player D_HT 90"
in the console, but change the npc_combine_s with the npc's name
I tried this and it does work, it works best with fastzombie

hey, just out of curisosity what does the 90 stand for in the comand - ent_fire npc_combine_s setrelationship "npc_antlion D_HT 90"

and also ent_fire npc_combine_s setrelationship "npc_antlion D_LK 90" mean that the combine is allied to the antlion and will help it

Dj_Death [Fk] said:
hey, just out of curisosity what does the 90 stand for in the comand - ent_fire npc_combine_s setrelationship "npc_antlion D_HT 90"

and also ent_fire npc_combine_s setrelationship "npc_antlion D_LK 90" mean that the combine is allied to the antlion and will help it

The 90 means how strongly the target (combine) npc feels about the subject (antlion). A higher number means a stronger feeling. I dunno why people choose 90 though. Maybe it's the maximum?

Hey guys i have a great server sv_cheats is 1 and for ones that wana join the ip is 24.201.56.70:27015. I have cool maps for AI and stuff. Everyone is welcome.

Why dont you guys just read the tutorial in the stickies...

OK well before I start using any NPCs on my dedicated server, I need to make sure they won't crash the server!! so far I've gotten rollermine, strider, antlion, antlionguard, headcrab, headcrab_fast, headcrab_poison, headcrab_black, zombie, zombie_torso, fastzombie, poisonzombie, turret_floor, and somewhat the manhack to work on the server.

problem: server crashes and i need to know why T__T

so far I've been able to successfully reproduce only one crash that happens with the antlionguard. every time the antlionguard rushes my character to head-butt it, IF i'm carrying an object with my physcannon as the antlionguard is about to hit me, the server crashes. if i'm not carrying anything, he hits me just fine and no crash.

have u guys been able to successfully figure out the cause of any other crashes ??

Achenar45907 said:
OK well before I start using any NPCs on my dedicated server, I need to make sure they won't crash the server!! so far I've gotten rollermine, strider, antlion, antlionguard, headcrab, headcrab_fast, headcrab_poison, headcrab_black, zombie, zombie_torso, fastzombie, poisonzombie, turret_floor, and somewhat the manhack to work on the server.

problem: server crashes and i need to know why T__T

so far I've been able to successfully reproduce only one crash that happens with the antlionguard. every time the antlionguard rushes my character to head-butt it, IF i'm carrying an object with my physcannon as the antlionguard is about to hit me, the server crashes. if i'm not carrying anything, he hits me just fine and no crash.

have u guys been able to successfully figure out the cause of any other crashes ??

That's one huge array of creatures.

My money is on the more unique monsters causing crashes, like the Striders, Rollermines, Poisoned Zombies, etc. Anything that's not "normal." Might want to see if any of those fix it by removing them.

The crashes are due to the hl2dm netcode not liking npc ragdolls and will unpredictably crash.

Make a map that breaks npcs on 1\2 health and just give them a effect or something when they die and you can play with all the monsters you like. You just won't be able to spawn them in the game though and not have it crash.

http://www.rawmeat.be/

he's got two coop maps although no ragdolls sucks and there arn't any real good maps out for coop yet, personally i don't like having the monsters ultra hard but it does make the level last longer...

Somebody should really make a sticky on why hl2dm will crash with npcs so people will stop asking.

I was wondering how i can spawn a turret to like combine but h8 rebels

when the hell r they going to come out with somthing to make this simple u think they of of taken this into account when they made the game

Im a bit bored and just hosting a server to test this out along with other console stuff. So any of you that actually know how to do all this stuff and fancy a mess around connect to my server at 82.153.102.60 right now:)

hmm, whenever i try to get npcs to attack players i get "cant parse relationship info (player)" message. any ideas?

for some reason my AI wont work at all in dm even with the ent_fire commands
they just sit there and stare, strangely though they do work with some scripts i downloaded what am i doing wrong, is there perhaps an effective "apply changes" kind of command?

Back