Not open for further replies.
M

monk

My fps is 10 - 15
Is that normal ? In cs 1.6 i got 80 - 90

I have, Geforce 4 Ti 4800se 128mb 2ghz 512RamRimm
Ty. :cool:

this isn't about the fps on hl2 source is it? best not be grrr

Depends which map were talking about it. Were not aload to talk about it though. PM me.

Well, I guess it depends what settings you are using, what AA is on, what AF is on and all. Its hard to say just by you telling us what you have. And CS is obsolete graphically so its hard to compare it to HL2.

Whatever your using isnt finnished so dont worry about fps problems, worry when the real thing comes out.

Well we all know Nvidia cards are screwed...

I dont know why, but Ive never been able to top 30 fps in CS (HL1 btw).

I average about 15

I have a radeon 9700 pro and an 1.8Ghz athelon XP processor (dont remember the #) and 512 megs o' ram

you play a beta put together by a hacker, and wonder why you get a 15 FPS average? :dozey:

Washuu, Is Chloe too busy to uh.. "take care" of him? ;)

Nice icon, btw.

50+fps
6Aa
16AF
all details on high.

for 1.6 i get over 100fps easily.

8,564 fps

15Ghz Pentium 8 CrossStep Technology with YoudiumX Architecture
80TB 40,000RPM HDD
20GB QDRAM
Sound Blaster FX 4300 40.1 SurroundSound
ATI Gyro 4000 3GB QDR RAM

*stares at inevident*
... huh...hes a little ahead of time eh? Links up at the government? Got my eye on you mr "big powerful computer"man dude guy..

(dude, if u had an 80tb harddrive, even 40,000rpm would be slow to retrieve data off of it...more-so like 900,000 rpm :-P)
Hehe, one day our kids kids grandchildren will have a system like dat..by then theyll MAYBE be playing hl2 , and on a hologram monitor...

0.o

Originally posted by monk
My fps is 10 - 15
Is that normal ? In cs 1.6 i got 80 - 90

I have, Geforce 4 Ti 4800se 128mb 2ghz 512RamRimm
Ty. :cool:

It's not particularly normal for anyone here to be playing the HL2 beta at all. Go ask the forum you warezed it from.

Ï just ran it on a 2.2 Ghz, with a GeForce 4 MX(!) and it ran smooth(40-50 fps (sometimes drops down to like 10-15). But my point was.. it ran very smooth to be GeForce 4 MX. Btw, it was 1024x768!

iparasite you are also one of these "****ing arsemouths" I mentioned.

Yeah well. Its illegal to have the stolen beta on your computer. Please tell me you have pre-ordered HL2. Then its not sooo bad. But still. You are just spoiling the finished experience you will get when it is released officially :(

Originally posted by silent
iparasite you are also one of these "****ing arsemouths" I mentioned.

And why is that? I seriously understand that you don't want to download the beta, I admire you for beeing strong. I didn't manage to wait all that time. Yes, I HAVE PREORDERED THE GAME, and I didn't think that telling my fps was too much of a spolier.

Originally posted by azz0r
Well we all know Nvidia cards are screwed...

people who dowload the beta and lay any judgement on the game are lamers...

also...correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Nvidia problems was specifically for the FX-series since they use some new fancy code path or something. I think I saw a benchmark somewhere were one of the older gForce performed better than the low budget FXcards.

Originally posted by iParasite
And why is that? I seriously understand that you don't want to download the beta, I admire you for beeing strong. I didn't manage to wait all that time. Yes, I HAVE PREORDERED THE GAME, and I didn't think that telling my fps was too much of a spolier.

I too have preordered teh game, but if you read the announcment at the top of this forum, you'd see we don't want posts about this stuff

Sorry for hittin ya hard. You seem like a good person. Just don't talk about this stuff.

Hehe, thats okay. I'm sorry for posting it, just hard not too when U've tried what is going to be the best game of all time and can't tell anyone :(

hehe...

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
people who dowload the beta and lay any judgement on the game are lamers...

also...correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Nvidia problems was specifically for the FX-series since they use some new fancy code path or something. I think I saw a benchmark somewhere were one of the older gForce performed better than the low budget FXcards.

No, Nvidia cards suck @ dx9...its nothing todo with hl2, its a fact on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back